Jame's Horde Leveling Guide - Chapter I (21-31) (old version)
Chapter I (21-30) - Journey from the Barrens to the Thousand Needles
This guide starts at level 21, if you need guides for any other level range (from 1-21 for example) please take a look at this page.
This guide is optimized for FAST leveling with a minimum of grinding sessions. Quests are important, they give rewards and faction and are less boring than pure grinding, BUT sometimes some quests are really a time waste and we will skip those and replace them by good grinding session when it is necessary.
Some people say that grinding is always faster than questing, this is true in theory when you don't know which quests to take and which to avoid, and what is the best order to do them. With this guide, questing will be very efficient and much better than pure grinding. Follow each instruction carefully and you will see for yourself.
The quest choices and order to do them are optimal so that you run as few as possible while doing the most possible and then turning several quests in at the same time. This guide will be very useful for both veteran and novice players. I try to keep the amount of information as short as possible. So even the guide itself is optimized for the minimum reading possible, to save time! Let's get started immediately then! Everything described in this guide can be done solo (besides when I say otherwise). However you can follow this guide while duoing, grouping, it's not a problem, it works too.
- While traveling, kill everything that is on your way and gives experience (Yellow mobs preferably, but greens are ok if they are just 3-4 levels below you, not more).
- Spend your talent points so you do the most damage possible. (e.g: Priest should specialize in Shadow Talents, Warriors in Arms/Fury, Rogues Combat/Assassination, etc).
- Don't waste your time trying to find groups for questing, you can solo everything that is described in this guide. Only group with someone when it's not gonna be a waste of time (e.g: meeting the person at the other end of the map to show him the way to where your quest is, that is a waste of time)
- Try to always log out in an Inn or in one of the major cities when you take a break.
- If I don't mention a quest, it means I consider it a waste of time, so don't take it thinking I forgot a quest here and there, I didn't. Also don't abandon a quest unless I say you should.
- Sometimes I will be making lists of quest you should have before starting with an area, that doesn't mean I will list the whole quest log, JUST the quests that interest us for the moment.
- When I say you should bind (make an Inn your home location) somewhere, it's for a good reason, and it will save you much time. Don't change your home location until I say so.
Something that's amazingly useful is the Ace2 updater. Download and install it and the program will present you with a list of addons which all use the same library (hence they consume very few ressources). From that list you can choose addons that interest you (I downloaded Fubar quest mod, Fubar location, Cartographer, Bartender and a mod to make my UI look better) and the program will install all the addons for you. Furthermore you can run the program every time before you launch WoW and choose to update all installed modules for you.
If your addons are not being loaded when you enter the game you might need to log out to your login screen and click on "Addons" in the left lower corner. Tick the box that says "Load out of date Addons". Relaunch WoW.
- Deadly Blunderbuss (will be needed at level 26 for a quest). Buy it at the Auction House or bring the materials to an Engineer and ask him kindly to craft it for you.
- If you followed hosho's guide, you should be level 21 now, and in Orgrimmar or Camp Taurajo. If you are in Orgrimmar, bind in Orgrimmar now before you do anything else. If you can get a group to the Wailing Caverns, do it, it's a nice little instance and the main quest rewards are really good for this level. If you can't get a group, don't waste your time, just fly to Camp Taurajo and let's get going with the guide!
- In Camp Taurajo, get the quest  Cry of the Thunderhawk, get out of Camp Taurajo and look for a Thunderhawk, there are easy to find all around the camp, kill them until you get Thunderhawk Wings. Go back to Camp Taurajo, turn the quest in and get the quest  The Ashenvale Hunt. Hearthstone to Orgrimmar, or fly there and set your hearthstone there. It's very important that your hearthstone is set to Orgrimmar, will save us a lot of time.
- If you haven't turned in  Samophlange Manual and/or haven't learned your new skills yet, do that.  Samophlange Manual is turned in at Rilli Greasygob in the Valley of Honor, in the engineer house.
- Once you are ready to go again, fly to Splintertree Post (Ashenvale), you should have the flight path if you followed Hosho's barrens guide. In Splintertree Post, turn in  The Ashenvale Hunt and talk to the same NPC again, get the quest named The Ashenvale Hunt again and complete it. This enables you to do 3 hunting quests, which we will be doing soon.
- Fly to the Zoram Outpost, get the following quests  Naga at the Zoram Strand, ignore the other quests for now. Now comes a grinding session, for those who went to Wailing Caverns there will be very few grinding to do or no grinding at all if they are already 22. Grind on the Nagas and the crabs at the Zoram Strand until you hit level 22. They are easy kills, perfect for your level and this area is very rarely crowded. To open the clam shells faster use [Shift + Right Click] on them. If you find any Shredder Operating Manual pages, keep them.
- For those who were 22 before the grinding session, you still need to kill Nagas until you have 20 Wrathtail Heads. Once that is done, go back to Zoram Outpost and turn in  Nagas at the Zoram Strand.
- Hearthstone to Orgrimmar and get your new skills, sell / repair, restock food / drink and buy some healing potions. Put your Shredder Operating Manual pages in the bank. Get out of Orgrimmar and take the Zeppelin to the Undercity. For those who never took the Zeppelin, just go left when coming out of Orgrimmar, you'll find a tower with two goblins atop, talk to them to know which of the Zeppelins goes to the Undercity (the other one goes to Grom'Gol, in Stranglethorn Vale, a level 30+ zone).
- Get off the Zeppelin in Tirisfal Glades and go to the Undercity if you don't have the flight path (that will most likely be the case if you aren't an Undead). Once you have the Undercity flight path, get out and follow the road west. Follow it until you enter Silverpine Forest. In Silverpine follow the road until you reach a fork at (51,36), go west here and get the flight path at the Sepulcher, also get the quests  Journey to Hillsbrad Foothills from Apothecary Renferrel and  Beren's Peril from Shadow Priest Allister. Get back on the road, go south and follow the road until you are approximately at (58,77), at this point go northeast to Beren's Peril, stay close to the mountain which should be on your left hand, kill any Dalaran dude in your way. You''ll quickly find a narrow path towards the mountain at (60,74), go this way and you'll find the entrance to a cave as well as Ravenclaw Drudgers and Guardians, kill 6 of each to complete  Beren's Peril.
- When done, get back on the road, go east until you enter Hillsbrad Foothills.
In Hillsbrad Foothills, follow the road, you'll quickly come across a guard tower to your right, get the quest  Time to Strike from Deathstalker Lesh there. Then get back on the road and keep going east until you get to another guard tower and a crossroad (57,36), go north to Tarren Mill. In Tarren Mill get the flight path, turn in the 2 quests we had and get the following quests:
 Elixir of Suffering
 Elixir of Pain
 Battle of Hillsbrad
 The Rescue
 WANTED: Syndicate Personel (from the poster infront of the church)
 Dangerous! (from the poster infront of the inn)
- Head east/southeast, from now on kill every bear and spider you see on your way. You should soon find Durnholde Keep, the main entrance is on the south side of it at (76,46), go there. Inside the keep, clear the way over the bridge, then follow the small path up and then left. To the right you should see an orc npc in the distance named Thog'thar, he's chained and needs a key to escape. You will have to find Jailor Marigen and kill him to get the key. Start killing everything in the area until you find Jailor Marigen, loot the key and free Thog'thar, you just need to right click the iron ball.
You should also find Jailor Eston in the area to get the key for the other prisoner, Drull, but if Jailor Eston isn't there he is probably in one of the houses on the lower level of the fortress, and we're going there now.
Once you are sure that Jailor Eston isn't in the area (or have already found and killed him), move back down to the bridge and past it, if you look to your left and down you should see a few wooden houses in the lower court. Follow the ledge until the end and jump down there carefully and start clearing the way to the wooden houses carefully, watch out, mobs run away here. Drull, the 2nd prisoner, is in one of the two wooden houses. Free him and then get out and start killing everything on your way until you complete  Wanted: Syndicate Personnel.
We're gonna stay in Durnholde Keep until we hit level 23 as well. It's a good spot, there's plenty of mobs, they die fast and respawn fast, drop cloth and money.
- Get out of Durnholde Keep and start going back towards Tarren Mill, kill as much bears and spiders as possible on your way. Keep doing that until you complete the quest  Elixir of Suffering. This might take a while, the Creeper's Ichor is kinda rare. When done, go back to Tarren Mill and turn in the 3 quests. Take the follow up from  Elixir of Suffering, and turn in the quest at the little frog named "umpi" right next to the Apothecary. Restock food/drink, sell junk, repair (there's a weaponsmith on the other side of the field south of tarren mill).
- Head west towards the Hillsbrad Fields, kill every Starving Mountain Lion you find on your way, don't worry if you don't get the 10 lion blood, we'll finish this quest on the way back. We'll first focus on the field which is to the northeast, you should see a small house, a tower-like structure and a medium sized house which looks like a barn. Before you start killing stuff, be mindful that every of those humanoids run in fear, so use snare abilities like hamstring when they get low on health.
- Clear the way around the small house and inside you should find Farmer Getz, kill him (If Farmer Getz is not in his house, he's either in the field right next to it or in the barn). Then go northwest towards the next field, next to this field you'll find a medium sized house, with a dog named Stanley infront of it. Clear the way inside this house and on the 2nd floor you'll find Farmer Ray, kill him (Farmer Ray can also be found on the first floor of his house, and also around it and in the field next to it). Now just go out and start killing Hillsbrad Farmers and Farmhands in the fields until you have the  Battle of Hillsbrad quest finished. Avoid Hillsbrad Footmen, they might be too difficult for your level.
- Once that is done, head east back to Tarren Mill, and kill as much Starving Mountain Lions as you need to finish the quest  Elixir of Pain. Go back to Tarren Mill, turn in  Battle of Hillsbard, get the follow up  Battle of Hillsbrad. Turn in  Elixir of Pain and get the follow up. Now a new quest should be available to you from Deathguard Samsa,  Souvenirs of Death.
- Head back to the Hillsbrad Fields, to the house next to the northern field with the dog Stanley infront. Make sure you are full health before turning in the quest to Stanley. Kill Stanley once he transforms, you get 1100 xp or so just for killing him. Now we're gonna head to the southern field, there are many Hillsbrad Peasants in it and also Farmer Kalaba. Kill 15 Peasants and Farmer Kalaba, be careful with runners. If anyone else is killing those peasants you should group up, as they don't respawn that fast, better not fight over them.
- Once done with the 15 peasants go grind until you are about 1 bubble (about 1500xp) away from lvl 24, if you aren't that close already. Go grind on the northern fields, they are easier. Don't bother finishing  Souvenirs of Death, we'll do that when we come back to Hillsbrad in a couple of levels.
Go back to Tarren Mill, turn in  Battle of Hillsbrad, get the follow up  Battle of Hillsbrad. Get the new quest from Apothecary Lydon,  Elixir of Agony. Grats on lvl 24.
- Take a bat ride to the Sepulcher, turn in  Beren's Peril. Hearthstone to Ogrimmar. Learn new skills, check the Auction House, we're gonna need that Deadly Blunderbuss soon. It's also time to upgrade to bigger bags, 12 slots at least if you can afford them.
- Time to go back to Ashenvale, go to the bank and get all the Shredder Manual pages you have. First fly to Splintertree post, get the following quests:
-  Satyr Horns
-  Stonetalon Standstill
Get out of the village, southwest until the guard tower where you will find more quests:
-  Ashenvale Outrunners
-  Warsong Supplies
- Follow the road a bit further southwest, to the left you should see a small encampment, get the quest  The Lost Pages. Now you can bind chapters together when you have the right pages, it will free some bag space.
- Go back to Splintertree Post and fly to Zoram'Gar Outpost.
Take the quest  Vorsha the Lasher from Muglash, he'll walk to the strand, follow him. He'll stop on a small island with a brazier atop. Click the brazier when he tells you to do so and get ready for 3 waves of monsters, you don't have time to loot in between the waves, you just have enough time to drink/eat:
- 1st wave: 3 Nagas, they are green to you so not so hard, but it's still 3. Let Muglash tank one while you kill them one by one. Muglash is level 25 and can easily take one or two on his own. Try to save your long cooldown abilites and potions for the last wave if possible. As soon as the 3 nagas are defeated, eat/drink fast before the 2nd wave.
- 2nd wave: 3 nagas again, one of them will be a naga priestess, kill that one first and try to interrupt her heals or you'll be in trouble. Use potion/long cooldown abilities if you have to but try to keep it for the next wave. Let Muglash tank as much as possible again. eat / drink fast right after the nagas are dead.
- 3rd wave: a level 22 Hydra named Vorsha will spawn and attack you, the hydra hits rather hard for a level 22, so use everything you got. If you die don't release, Muglash should be able to finish off the hydra if you did enough damage to it before dying. Wait until you get the (complete) message, then release and run back to your corpse, go to Zoram Outpost and turn in the quest. Get the quests  Between a Rock and a Thistlefur and  Troll Charms.
- Time for a little walk, go to Thislefur Village (30,45), follow the path shown on map.
Kill Furlbog Avengers and Shamans until you complete the first quest, then go north following the path inside the village and pass the wooden gate, then a bit futher along the path you'll see a stone arch if you face north. Go through this arch and you'll soon find the entrance to a cave. Enter the cave and explore it, kill stuff in there until you find 8 Troll Charms, which are in Troll Chests you can find scattered everywhere in the cave.
There is also an escort quest in the cave but it's too hard if you are solo. If you're not solo then go ahead and do the escort, it's a nice little exp boost.
- Once you have 8 troll charms, get out of the cave and head back to Zoram'Gar outpost. Turn in the 2 quests, don't get the follow up.
Fly to Splintertree Post.
Start of XP Rate (This means that from here on I start to measure the XP over time rate with the Titan-Panel addon):
- Go directly south of Splintertree Post, and on the other side of the road there's an area with Rotting Slimes, that's where you'll hunt for a while, but it's Ashenvale Outrunners you must find, and they are stealthed. Go around looking for them, kill a few slimes in the way. They shouldn't be hard to find, use TAB key while running around to find them, they are mostly next to trees anyway.
- Once you are done with the  Ashenvale Outrunner quest, go west to (68,75), you should see an orc named Torek, with 3 raiders. DON'T take the quest now, just remember where he is, go further west on the other side of the road you should find a path to Silverwing Outpost (66,73). Kill all the nightelves on the path and inside the house, as soon as this is done, sprint back to Torek and start his quest. The way being clear, he'll directly run to the house. When inside 4 elves will spawn - let the orcs tank them and focus on one, Torrek must survive so kill as fast as you can, and use all the abilities / Consumables you have.
Note: If you are a healer this should be easy, you can heal the NPCs.
Even if you die you'll still get the complete message if torrek survives and wins the battle, so don't release immediately if you die. If you fail the quest just wait for the NPCs to respawn and try again, it took me 2 tries to get it down with the first character I did it.
- Now you should be pretty close to level 25 (if you're not close, it means you are not killing enough stuff on your way) so we are gonna grind on the night elves at the silverwing outpost until level 25. There are plenty of them all around the house as well.
- Go west across the river, and further west until you hit Mystral Lake (52,70). Start killing Befouled Elementals there, be very careful with your breath as they like to frost nova you while you are under water, so stay close to the surface as much as you can and pull them with a long range attack. Besides killing 12 Befouled Water Elementals you must also find and kill Tideress, a level 27 elemental who roams from the island in the middle of the lake to the eastern tip of the lake.
He's slightly bigger than other elementals and is green instead of blue. Make sure you get him solo and have your cooldowns up or at least a potion ready. On Tideress' corpse you will find a Befouled Water Globe, right click it to start the quest  The Befouled Element.
- Go to the island in the middle of Mysral Lake and walk around the gazebo structure until you get the objective complete message for  Stonetalon Standstill. Kill the remaining Befouled Water Elementals you need to complete the quest and then head to the western tip of the lake.
- Now we're gonna look for a named lvl 25 bear named Ursangous, just go to the spot shown on map (40,65). Ursangous always roams around this area, so just kill bears and stags while waiting for him to show up. Kill him and loot his paw. Right click the paw to start a quest.
- Now go east then slightly northeast (be careful to stay away from Silverwing Refuge's Guards) until you reach Greenpaw Village. Kill all the furlbogs on your way until you get a Logging Rope for the quest  Warsong Supplies, that's if you don't have it already. In any case, grind until those 2 objectives are met:
- Get the logging rope
- Have at least 5 bubbles in level 25.
- Once that is done, get back on the road to Splintertree Post and turn in the quests:
 Ashenvale Outrunners
 Torek's Assault
 Ursangous's Paw
 Stonetalon Standstill
 The Befouled Element and get the follow up  Je'Neu of the Earthen Ring.
- Fly to Zoram'Gar Outpost. Turn in the quest  Je'neu of the Earthen Ring. Hearthstone to Orgrimmar.
End of XP rate.
Sell/repair, check the auction house. Buy the shredder pages you miss (if you still miss any), they go for 15-20s buyout usually, and sell the extras.
Note: Be careful to bind your chapters before you put extra pages on sale, because let's say you have page 8 on sale at the auction house you won't be able to bind chapter 2 (page 5,6,7,, since the game will try to use the page you have at the auction house instead of the one in your backpack.
Also check for a Deadly Blunderbuss, we're gonna need it soon, if you can't buy it, find an engineer who will do it for you, bring him the materials and give him a tip. Restock food/drink and potions and then fly to the Crossroads, take the quest  Egg Hunt then fly to Camp Taurajo.
In Camp Taurajo get the quests:
 Betrayal from within
 Weapons of Choice
 Mahren Skyseer
- Head south to the field of giants, look for Silithid Mounds
clear any bug around it and then click them to gather Silithis Eggs. Rinse and repeat until you have 12 eggs. Then head south staying close to the mountain on your right hand side until you stumble across some quillboar camps. You have to kill Razormane Warfrenzies, Seers and Stalkers until you get a wand, a shield and a backstabber. (The stalkers are stealthed but shouldn't be hard to find at your level). Warfrenzies drop the shield, Seers drop the wand and Stalkers drop the stabber.
- There's also 4 nameds you must find, the first one is Lok Orcbane, and you can find him on top of a slope at (41,80). Kill him and loot his skull.
The 2nd one is optional, it's a Thunderhawk named Wasthe Pawne.
He roams in between 2 quillboar camps at (42,80), kill it and loot his feather. Right click it to start a quest. If you don't find him immediately just find the other nameds first then come back and grind in the area while looking for him. If after 15 minutes of grinding you still haven't found him, just forget it and move to the next step.
The 3rd one is Nak, he's further south in between two mountains (43,83), kill him and loot his skull, be careful with all the stalkers in this area, they tend to add while you are fighting Nak.
The 4th and last one, Kuz, roams around the middle camp and a tree with a painted stone at (45,80), kill him and loot his skull.
- When done with quests  Betrayal from within and  Weapons of Choice, go east until you hit the road. Then follow search the road north and south until you find a tauren npc named Gann Stonespire, he walks up and down this road, from the fork that leads to Dustwallow marsh to Bael Modan, you should find him without problems, get his quest  Gann's Reclamation and head southeast to Bael Modan. Enter the excavation site by the slope on the southern side of the site (46,84). Kill 15 Excavators, 5 Foremans and Prospector Khazgorn who should be at the far end of the excavation site, loot his journal.
- Head out back to Gann, turn in the quest and get the follow up  Revenge of Gann. This time head to the dwarven fortress which is just north of the excavation site. Kill dwarves there until the following two objectives are complete:
- Complete the  Revenge of Gann quest
- Be level 26 and have at least 1 bubble of exp in. (Actually grind 2 bubbles if you didn't find the named thunderhawk: Wasthe Pawne)
- Once that is done, get back on the road and find Gann, turn in  Revenge of Gann and get the follow up. Go back to the excavation site, but this time your target is the Helipad with the Gyrocopter atop. The Helipad is midway down the slope going to the excavation site (46,85), go up the helipad and right click the Flying Machine to destroy it, then go back to Gann for the last time and turn in the quest.
- Run back to Camp Taurajo and turn in the quests:
 Weapons of Choice, get the follow up  A New Ore Sample
 Washte Pawne
 Betrayal from Within, get the follow up.
Fly to the Crossroads, when there turn in:
 Egg Hunt
 Betrayal from Within
Fly to Ratchet, if you don't have that flight path just run there (and get the flight path when you are there). From Ratchet go south along the Merchant coast until you get to the area named the Tidus Stair, turn in  Mahren Skyseer and get the follow up  Isha Awak.
- Go south along the merchant coast until the Northwatch Hold, take a dive and the Isha Awak (some big aquatic dinosaur) should be there underwater at (63,53). It should be an easy kill, loot his heart and run back to Mahren Skyseer, turn in  Isha Awak.
- Run back to Ratchet, take the boat to Booty Bay. In Booty Bay, on the docks you should find a crate named "Warsong Axe Shipment" close to Wharfmster Lozgil, loot it. Then go get the Booty Bay flight path, it's on the top floor of the Inn. Once you have the flight path, hearthstone to Orgrimmar!
Sell/Repair, check the auction house for missing shredder pages (you must complete the shredder page quest now before leaving Orgrimmar) and take your Deadly Blunderbuss with you. Go learn new skills and restock with consumables. Take about 60 food/drink with you, this will be a long session.
- Fly to Splintertree Post.
Turn in the Deadly Blunderbuss at Pixel to get the Warsong Sawblades. Then get out of Splintertree Post, go southwest and then further west along the road until you find a small encampment to your left. Turn in  The Lost Pages. Keep going west on the road, at the first fork go west and at the 2nd fork go west as well until you reach (56,59). At this loc, go north and then right until you stumble across an area with Laughing Sisters in it (centaur chicks) (58,55). Start to grind on the Laughing Sisters around this spot, you will soon or later find a named cat, Shadumbra. Kill it and loot its head, right click it to start the quest. Then stay in this area and grind on Laughing Sisters until you reach level 27.
- Get back on the road (avoid Raynewood Retreat's Sentinels carefully though), then go east, stay on the road and then go north until you reach Satyrnaar (81,52).
Kill satyrs there until you finish  Satyr Horns and also find a Warsong Oil, they can be found inside various satyr camps and look like this:
If you are unlucky, you won't find the Oil anywhere in Satyrnaar and will have to go check out Xavian, the other satyr camp just north of Satyrnaar (78,46). To access it you have to get out of Satyrnaar, follow the road west until you hit the river, then follow the river north and you'll find Xavian to your right after a little walk. There should be plenty of Oil in Xavian, so you won't have to stay there long (mobs can be level 30 there so you better get the oil and go away as soon as possible).
- Once you're done, get back on the road south towards Splintertree Post but we have one last thing to do before going to there, when you reach the fork close to Splintertree, go south to the Forsaken Camp (75,71). Now you're gonna search around this camp like shown on the map for a level 31 Hyppogryph named Sharptalon. Yes you read correctly, it's level 31. We theoritically can't kill that. But there's a trick. So keep killing stuff around the Forsaken Camp and once you spot Sharptalon keep him in sight and wait till he is close enough to the Forsaken Camp, pull him with the lowest aggro spell you have (a simple bow shoot or a rank 1 nuke) and bring him to the Forsaken Camp. Do nothing, let the npcs there aggro it and take it off you. Once they have Sharptalon down to 90% start attacking him again, you must do as much damage as possible but don't use high aggro spells like Earth Shock for example, help them finish it off. You should normally be able to loot him, and get his claw, which starts a quest if you right click it. Sharptalon roams but he always passes by the Forsaken Camp. If you don't manage it the first time its ok, stay in the area, kill Oozes and Elves while waiting for Sharptalon to respawn (about 10 mins).
- Go back to Splintertree Post, turn in the following quests:
 Shadumbra's Head
 Sharptalon's Claw and now Selani should have a new quest up for you named "The Hunt Completed". Turn it in immediately.
 Satyr Horns
Sell junk at Splintertree Post to make bag space cause there's a small grinding session to come.
- Go down the road out of Splintertree Post and turn in the last quest,  Warsong Supplies.
Now you should be about 7 bubbles away from lvl 28, we're gonna go back to the Laughing Sisters Camp and grind them there.
- Hearthstone to Orgrimmar. Learn new skills, check the auction house, repair and restock consumables etc.
Get out of Orgrimmar, take the Zepellin to Undercity. From the Undercity fly to Tarren Mill.
Start of XP rate:
- After landing, head west to the Hillsbrad Fields, this time go to the forge house, which is west of the southern field. Kill 4 Apprentice Blacksmiths and Blacksmith Verringtan, he's inside the forge. Once the forge is clear go inside and loot the "Shipment of Iron", which looks like a big crate. Once that is done, head back to Tarren Mill, don't forget to kill stuff which is on your way.
- Turn in  Battle of Hillsbrad and get the follow up.
Go back to the Hillsbrad Fields, this time we're gonna go to the City Hall (31,42), it's right next to the forge. Clear your way to inside the house, and clear the first 2 rooms. The 3rd room is much trickier to clear solo, you must pull very carefuly. First pull the 2 which are on the left inside the room, go back to the first room and hide behind a wall so that the Councilmen cannot nuke you from a distance but instead come to you. Kill them both then get back to full health. The next pull will be 3 mobs, and you will prolly need a potion so make sure your timer is ready. You just have to slightly peek into the room and they will aggro you, run back to the first room, hide behind a wall. Kill the Peasant, then the caster, then Clerk Horrace Whitesteed. Get back to full health, go to the 3rd room, pull the lone Councilman to the left, he should come solo, hide behind the wall in the 2nd room so that he comes to you. Kill it and get back to full health. Now only Magistrate Burnside should be left, kill it and then destroy the Hillsbrad Proclamation
and the Town Registry (a big blue book on the floor).
Clear your way out of the house, kill the remaining Councilmen you need for the quest, and also look for Citizen Wilkes if you haven't killed him already. He wanders to the City Hall and the Forge, so kill stuff around those two areas until you find him. Also complete the  Souvenirs of Death quest if you haven't already.
- Head back to Tarren Mill, turn in the quests  Battle of Hillsbrad, get the follow up. Turn in  Souvenirs of Death as well. Sell/Repair and restock up to 2 stacks of food/drink. Make sure that you've got the follow up of Elixir of Agony, from Apothecary Lydon.
- This time we're gonna go to the mines which are just southwest of the Hillsbrad Fields, on the other side of the main road. There are two entrances to the mine, a lower one and an upper one. We'll enter through the lower one (26,58). After a while you'll see a fork, to the left are Foreman Bonds and Miner Hackett, but for now we're gonna go right and kill the Hillsbrad Miners there so that we'll have 9 or 10 kills of those. Note: Miner Hackett can spawn at various places in the mine, so if he's not where I said check every other area of the mine, it's a nice place to grind anyway so don't worry if it takes some time to find him.
- Then go back to the fork and this time go towards Miner Hackett / Foreman Bonds, you should find the remaining Hillsbrad Miners you need on your way to them. Miner Hackett can be pulled solo and is an easy kill, kill him first. Foreman Bonds is a different deal, the problem is that at 20% health he summons 2 dwarves to guard him and it's very unlikely that you can kill all 3. If you are a rogue it's easy, kill Foreman Bonds and then vanish. For other classes, clear the way behind you towards the exit right before engaging Foreman Bonds, finish him fast and then run for the exit, the 2 dwarves will eventually give up on you. If you die it's not that bad, what counts is that you get the kill on Foreman Bonds.
- Anyway, once you have killed 10 Miners, Foreman Bonds and Miner Hackett, get out of the mine and back on the road and follow it eastwards until you cross the bridge over the river which splits the zone in two. Right after the bridge turn south and head this direction until you find a field with Mudsnout Gnolls in it (65,60). You have to gather the mushrooms in that field, they're called "Mudsnout Blossoms" and look like giant white/blue mushrooms. Gather 6 of them and then go back to Tarren Mill. Turn in the 3 quests and get the 2 follow ups:  Battle of Hillsbrad and  Elixir of Agony.
End of XP rate:
- Hearthstone to Orgrimmar then. Sell/Repair, restock food/drink and consumables.
When you're ready to go again, fly to Camp Taurajo. Take the quest  Melor Sends Word. Go south/southeast until the Great Lift (32,22).
Get the quest  Message to Freewind Post and go down into the Thousand Needles.
Start of XP Rate:
- Follow the road south a little while and then east, you should soon see a silver arrow on the minimap showing Freewind Post, following it until you reach it, there is a lift to access it on the east side of it.
In Freewind post turn in  Message to Freewind Post and take the follow up  Pacify the Centaur. Also take the quests:
 Wanted - Arnak Grimtotem from the Poster next to the Inn.
 Alien Egg
 Wind Rider
- Also take the new flight path. Get back down off Freewind Post, no northwest until you find the Centaur Village. Kill centaurs there until you have the list of  Pacify the Centaur completed. Then go east, stay along the mountain to your left until you find a slope going up at (54,44). Up the slope you'll find a cave, enter it and get the quest  Test of Faith from Dorn Plainstalker. He'll teleport you to the top of a peak, look for two wooden planks and jump off from them. Don't worry you won't die from falling, Leeroy Jankins watches over you. You should re-appear next to Dorn, turn in the quest and get the follow up  Test of Endurance. This should make you ding level 29, or you should be very close.
- Now we're gonna look for an Alien Egg
It can be at 3 different spots, and it's always an area crowded by those weird flying serpents. The first one is directly south at (56,50). If it's not there, the next spot is directly south, at the zone wall, you should find a weird hole in the wall, and if you're lucky an Alien Egg close to it at (52,55). If the Egg is not there it will be further west against the zone wall at (38,55). Once you got an Alien Egg, go back to Freewind Post.
- Turn in  Pacify the Centaur, get the follow up  Grimtotem Spying
Turn in  Alien Egg, get the follow up  Serpent Wild
Sell/repair, get back up to 2 stacks of food/drink.
- Get back down off Freewind Post, head west until you reach Highperch (12,32). Get up there and start killing Wyverns while searching for eggs. Keep doing this until you have 10 Highperch Wyvern Eggs. Once you have done that, head to the southeastern corner inside Highperch, you should find a narrow path going up to another plateau, at the end of this plateau you should find a tauren named Pao'Ka with a quest. Take his quest  Homeward Bound and escort him out. It's a pretty simple escort quest, shouldn't be any problem. After you complete the escort, go east to Whitereach Post (21,32). Turn in the 2 quests you have here and get the follow up  Sacred Fire and get the other quest  Hypercapacitor Gizmo.
- Go directly east to the small lake you can see on the map, called the Boiling Pool (33,34). Once you are there you must look for plants named Incendia Agave,
they can also be found inside the water.
- When done with that, get out of the lake and to the western side of the big peak marked on the map as "Darkcloud Pinnacle", you'll find a narrow path going up at (31,36). After crossing 3 wooden bridges you'll be on a plateau with 2 choices, east or south. Go south, cross the bridge and you should be on a large plateau with a mini village with a big totem in the middle.
Go to the Northwestern edge of this plateau, where you will find another wooden bridge, cross it and you'll reach a small plateau with a "document chest"
on it, this one contains he Secret Note #1.
Go back to the big plateau, now on the southern side of this plateau enter the main house and inside you should find another "document chest", inside it you'll find the Secret Note #2.
Finally go to the eastern side of this plateau and find another wooden bridge going east, you'll reach a plateau with the last document chest inside a house, this on contains Secret Note #3.
- Now get back on the big plateau, take the northern wooden bridge back to the plateau where we decided to go south last time. This time we are gonna take the wooden bridge going east. We'll reach a plateau with another double bridge choice, we'll choose the one going northeast this time. After crossing the bridge go left, there you should find Arnak Grimtotem, you normally should be able to pull him solo if you wait for the right moment, he will have another tauren close to him, so you might pull him with an add but this should still be manageable, use a health potion and long cooldown abilities if needed. Kill Arnak and loot his hoof.
- Next to where you kill Arnak you should see a tauren named Lakota Windsong with a quest  Free at Last. You must escort her out. It shouldn't be a problem, Lakota is level 30 and does almost fine on her own. The only risk is that 2 extra taurens spawn to ambush her everytime she reaches the middle of a plateau, so you're safer if you pull the static spawns to her before she reaches the middle. Other than that, it's an easy escort. Once you complete it, run back to Freewind Post.
- Turn in all the quests you have, there are no follow ups.
End of XP Rate:
Sell/repair, restock food/drink. Now you should be pretty close to level 30 and here is what we're gonna do:
- Go grind on the Harpies if you are a melee class. (Vibrant Plumes sell nicely btw and can be traded in at the Darkmoon Faire for nice rewards)
- If you are a caster and don't like to be silenced, go grind on the wyverns at Highperch.
- Go to the northwestern part of Thousand Needles, enter Feralas and get on the road, be careful to stay as far as possible from wolves or bears in Feralas, they are way too high level for us. Follow the road until you reach Camp Mojache. Get the flight path and fly to Thunder Bluff.
- In Thunder Bluff, first go to the western plateau, next to the lift there is a tauren sitting under a tent, named Auld Stonespire, take his quest  A Vengeful Fate, this is the main quest for the instance Razorfen Kraul (RFK), and I will soon recommend to do that instance. If you don't want to do it, there will be a rather long grinding session.
- Go to the Hunter Rise (southern plateau), turn in  Melor Sends Word and get the follow up  Steelsnap.
As last thing, go to the elder rise (eastern plateau), turn in  Sacred Fire and get the follow up [28+] Arikara.
Hearthstone to Orgrimmar, train new skills, check the auction house, sell/repair, restock consumables.
- Now you have two choices:
- Get a group and do the instance Razorfen Kraul, follow my Razorfen Kraul Instance Guide.
- Grind your way to level 31. I recommend two spots, one is the yeti cave west of Tarren Mill in Hillsbrad Foothils, it's a great spot.
The other good spot is the Harpies in Thousand Needles, this spot is great but might not be so good for casters because the harpies cast silence. So it's up to you, happy instancing or grinding!
End of this guide, stay tuned for chapter 2!
© Copyrights www.wow-pro.com All Rights Reserved.