Wow-Pro Professions Addon Module - PROPOSAL
So ... I found WoW Pro a bit late to be really useful for the push to get it ready for Cataclysm, but I like to code and in WoW I'm really all about the professions.
I've had an idea to build an add-on for the professions, based heavily on the WoW-Core and WoW-Leveling modules so have come up with the following proposal. Please comment on it, tell me if you think it's workable ... or a terrible idea :) Any comments you can make will only improve the final product!
And to the current developers ... if you're already working on this, and would rather I not muddy the waters please let me know. In which case I hope what I've put here helps you along the path to development ... otherwise LOOK OUT LUA, HERE COMES DUNEDON!
*** SORRY for the formatting below, I could not get this to format in a nice manner no matter how I tried ... sigh.
WoW-Pro Profession Guide Addon
** Note this draft does not include steps or tags for class quests as most guides would not require them ... further mod could add the ability to show level specific quests.
- AuthorName (3)
- Profession (3)
- StartPL (3)
- EndPL (3)
- Profession: Full Name of Profession
- Author: Author's Name
- Start PL: Starting Profession Level of Guide
- End PL: Ending Profession Level of Guide
- |R| Run
- |F| Fly
- |b| Boat/Zeppelin
- |H| Hearth
- |h| Set Hearth (may not be needed in guide)
- |f| Get Flight Point (may not be needed in guide)
- |K| Kill
- |U| Use
- |B| Buy
- |l| Loot
- |P| Profession Level (completes when this level is reached)
- |N| Note
- |C| Craft (this step is used to craft/enchant/? a specific item)
- ie: Craft Bolt of Silk Cloth (x of y)
- |T| Train (this step is used to indicate the training of a new skill)
- ie: Train Enchant Chest - Minor Stamina
- |PL|###| Step auto-completes when Profession Level shown is reached
- |L|####| Step auto-completes when the number of items is reached
- |C|Priest,...| Class specific step
- |R|Orc,...| Race specific step
- |N| Note
- |M|55.55,55.55| Mapping (seperate multiple coords with ;)
- |Z| Zone Name
- |S| / |US| Sticky / Un-Sticky (do as you go steps)
- (used to allow crafting to take place at the same time as farming for needed materials)
- |O| Optional Step
- |CC| Coordinate Auto-Complete
- |CS| Coordinate Auto-Complete when done in sequence
- |CR| Coordinate Sequence Repeat. when all coordinates are completed it repeats them. For farming steps.
Ok ... that's the bare bones of my proposed new module ... I intend to start coding it using the leveling module as a starting point. If anyone has any questions, comments, critiques or advice please post it here :)