Sunken Temple Walkthrough
The Sunken Temple is located in the Swamp of Sorrows, it is an instance designed for a 5-man party. It is definitly a place worth visiting when you are in the lvl 51-55 range, it is a really fun instance and the rewards are very good for this level. Make sure to check out the class quests at the bottom of the page (https://www.wow-pro.com/node/803).
The quests marked in Orange are the ones you must have BEFORE you enter the Instance for the first time. The rest are follow ups or quests you get inside the instance.
-  Jammal`an the Prophet (Dungeon), given by the Atal`ai Exile, you can find him in the Hinterlands, Go to the southern part of Shadra’Alor. There’s a broken-down temple and the exile is on a platform on the left as you face it.
-  Into the Depths (Dungeon), given by Marvon Rivetseeker in Tanaris. You can find him in the middle of the desert, South of Gadgetzan. Before he gives you this quest you will need to go talk to Angelas Moonbreeze in Feralas (Alliance) or Witch Doctor Uzer’i in Feralas (Horde). They will send you to talk to Marvon Rivetseeker. He will give you quest The Stone Circle, you will have to go get a Stone Circle in Ratchet at the Workshop (left when walking off the docks), the stone circle is in a box on the floor, at the shop. Once you got it, go back to Marvon Rivetseeker, and he will give you the quest  Into the Depths.
-  Secret of the Circle (Dungeon), you get this quest inside the instance, right after you complete  Into the Depths. It will be described in the walkthrough.
-  The God Hakkar (Dungeon), given by Yeh`Kinya in Tanaris (Steamwheedle Port). This is part of a serie of quests, the initial one is given by Yeh`Kinya as well :  Screecher Spirits, the follow up is  The Prophecy of Mosh’aru (Elite). You will need a lvl 45+ group to do this quest(or less than that if you are lvl 50+) the tablets can be found on two named Trolls, Hydromancer Veltha and Theka the Martyr, inside the instance Zul’Farrak. The follow up for that quest is  The Ancient Egg (Elite), the Egg is deep inside a cavern, on top of the temple of Jintha`Alor in the hinterlands. The mobs on the way up to the cavern are all elites, so go there with at least 2 or 3 lvl 50s (unless you are really higher level or really sneaky 🙄 ). After you get the Ancient Egg, go back to Yeh`Kinya, and he will finally give you  The God Hakkar (Dungeon). This quest is a lot of work especially if you didn’t do the first parts when it was of your level, but the final rewards are totally amazing for this level.
-  The Essence of Eranikus (Dungeon), this quest is started by right-clicking an item you get when looting the the corpse of Shade of Eranikus, the final and hardest boss mob in the temple. This will be described later in the walkthrough.
-  The Temple of Atal’Hakkar (Dungeon), this quest starts with Pool of Tears, given by Fel`Zerul in Stonard. You will have to gather Artifacts, you can easily find those underwater in the pool around the Sunken Temple entrance. Can be done solo. Then you will get the follow-up quest, you will have to go talk to the Atal`ai Exile, he will send you back to Fel`Zerul, and you will get the final quest: The Temple of Atal`Hakkar. The Fetishes of Hakkar can be found on any Troll in the Sunken Temple. You will probably not finish this quest in one run, but you can come back and kill the Trolls outside of the instanced part of the Sunken Temple to get the last fetishes you need.
-  Into The Temple of Atal’Hakkar (Dungeon), given by Brohann Caskbelly in Stormwind City. This quest is obtained after completing a long serie of quests, to start it you must first talk to Brohann Caskbelly, he will give you the quest  In search of the temple, you’ll just have to find the temple and enter it. Then go back to Brohann, he will give you  To The Hinterlands . You will go to Aerie Peak outpost in the Hinterlands and talk to Falstad Wildhammer, and then talk to Griffon Master Talonaxe, who will give you the quest  Rhapsody Shindigger, Rhapsody can be found east of Aerie Peak, talk to him and he’ll give you a quest. That quest will send you gathering items in Tanaris and Feralas. Once completed, go back to Rhapsody, he will tell you his tale and give you a tablet. Go back to Brohann Caskbelly in Stormwind, he will finally give you the quest  Into the Temple of Atal`Hakkar. The Atal`ai Tablet can be found anywhere inside the Sunken Temple.
- 1. Tank Warrior, Prot spec Paladin or Feral Druid
- 2. Healer Priest, Restoration Shaman, Holy Paladin or Restoration Druid
- 3. Crowd Control Mage, Warlock, Rogue, or even a Shadow Priest (Shackle undead helps a bit here)
- 4. DPS or Utility class (Shaman/Paladin)
- 5. DPS
The entrance to the Temple of Atal’Hakkar is located in Swamp of Sorrows, in the southeast part of it. To reach the instance portal, follow the directions on the map below:
1. Secret of the Circle:
After entering the instance, go right. Go down the spiral stairs, then you will have a few pulls to deal with, and you will reach the Altar. Complete the quest  Into the Depths , you will get the follow up  Secret of the Circle. If you activate the altar, a serie of green lights will appear at different spots in the room, you have to memorize the order in which the lights appear, and reproduce it later on by activating statues on the upper floor of this room. If you have troubles with this part, check the following map, the order in which the Statues must be activated is shown:
Before activating the statues, you must first clear the pool down the stairs past the Altar. A boss mob will spawn there after you sucessfully click all the statues, so clear the pool.
At this point, you are probably wondering how the hell do you access those statues. 🙄 Go back up the spiral stairs, and take the next path to the right (marked as ”to the 6 guardians” on the first map). You will soon reach a room with 2 sets of stairs. One going up, the other going down. Go down! You will reach the Hall of Serpents. Clear your way through this Hall, and activate the Atal`ai statues one by one, in the order described in the above map.
After clicking a statue, a green light should appear. Once you have activated all 6 statues in the right order, an Idol will appear in the Pool, and also a mini-boss guarding it. Jump down at the Altar and prepare for the fight. The boss is pretty easy and straight forward.
After defeating it, you will have access to the Idol, go click it and you will be rewarded with 3 good items. Go back up to the entrance and take the way ”To the 6 Guardians of the force field”. This time, take the stairs going UP.
2. The 6 guardians of the force field:
This area is kinda similar as the Hall of Serpents. You have to clear your way through a circle corridor, and the 6 guardians can be found in the side rooms. The pulls will be a mix of Humanoids and Undeads, so use Shackle Undead, Polymorph and Sap if you have that. Sometimes you will have to go down a flight of stairs to reach the named’s rooms. You can kill them in any order you like.
You can see them marked as green stars in the map below:
They are all quite easy to defeat but pay attention, some of them have annoying abilities. One of them especially, casts a totem, that spawns Skeletons every 2 seconds or so. Destroy that totem fast or you will end up swarmed. Besides this, they are really easy. Their names are: Zolo, Mijan, Hukku, Loro, Zul`Lor and Gasher. They mostly drop nothing, but very rarely drop green or blue items (5% chance) of low quality. So why kill them? You have to, for the simple reason that if you don’t kill the 6 of them, there will be a force field preventing you from reaching Jammal`an the Prophet. Take also note that the Shade of Eranikus isn’t targetable as long as Jammal`an is alive. So that’s two very good reasons to kill them, no matter how worthless they are.
Once the 6 guardians are dead, the force field will vanish. Go back to the entrance, and take the leftmost way, marked as ”To Jammal`an the Prophet… etc”.
3. Jammal`an the Prophet:
At the end of the stairs, you will find dragonkins. Pulls will consist mostly of 1 or 2 Elite dragonkins and a bunch of non-elite whelps. If you have a mage with instant arcane explosion, AE them. If you don’t, assist one person and kill them one by one. Have the warrior spam Demorilizing shout a few times and try to keep aggro on most dragons. Thorns or Imp pet fire shield helps a lot.
Note: Druids, don’t even bother casting Hibernate on those dragons; for some obscure reasons, they got extremely high resistance to it. It’s not worth it. (unless they changed resist rates on those since last time I went, which was a long time ago)
After a couple of pulls you will reach a large circle room, full of dragonkins. Look on the map above for Jammal`an the prophet and start clearing your way towards his chamber.
Once you reach his chamber, and before you start pulling, there are a few things you should know:
- 1. The room is full of trolls, most are undead.
- 2. They cast FEAR. So pull them WAY back to be sure nobody gets feared into more trolls.
- 3. Some of them when they die turn into specters, which start hitting on someone in your group. They are invulnerable and actually hit hard. But they move EXTREMELY slow and disapear after about 15 seconds. So run away from them until they vanish.
- 4. You must clear the WHOLE room before you attack Jammal`an, because they will come to his aid.
Once the room is clear, you will be left with two mobs: Jammal`an the Prophet and his buddy, Ogom the Wretched. Ogom is just an annoyance, have someone offtank it (a shaman, a paladin or a bearform druid, or even a warlock pet). The real threat is Jammal`an, who is a caster and hurts a lot, also, jammalan casts a curse which charms the target and makes him attack his group members. You cannot dispell this curse.
So basically, kill Jammal`an first and kill him fast, and be ready for a difficult fight.
Jammal`an can drop very good cloth pants, decent cloth vest, or crappy cloth gloves. Each have about 30% chance to drop, so pray you don’t get the gloves at least 🙄
Also, don’t forget to loot his head, and you will complete the quest  Jammal`an the Prophet.
Killing Jammal`an triggers the spawn of two Dragons: Dreamscythe and Weaver. You will find them flying around in the big circle room. You can pull them one by one. They are rather easy and have a 30% chance to drop really good blue items.
Now before we start heading to the last big boss, Eranikus, let’s first finish your last important quest:  The God Hakkar.
5. The God Hakkar:
Clear your way through the dragonkins, and go to the room marked as ‘The God Hakkar’ on the map. You will enter a room with a summoning circle in the middle. Before you do anything, explain your group what is this script about:
- 1. When someone of your group will step inside the circle and click his Ancient Egg, the script will start and a bunch of mobs will spawn all across the room.
- 2. Set up your group in one of the corners, you can avoid most of the aggros this way.
- 3. The goal is to make the God hakkar appear. For that you need to put Hakkari Blood on each of the braziers in the 4 corners of the room. Hakkari Blood can be looted from the Hakkari Bloodkeepers, they spawn every now and then in the room during the script. So pull them and kill them as soon as you see them appear. You might have to counterspell or shieldbash them to make them come to your corner, as they are casters.
- 4. Nightmare Suppresors (Dragonkin) will come every now and then from the gates and try to interupt the summong of hakkar. They /yell something everytime they come, so you can’t miss them. You must send someone to pull them and bring them to the camp as soon as they appear, or they will interupt the summoning of hakkar and remove Hakkari Blood from one of your brazier.
- 5. Once you have put Hakkari Blood on each of the 4 braziers, the Avatar of Hakkar will appear. You will probably have a lot of mobs to deal with at the same time. So pull the Avatar of Hakkar to the corner where your group is, and let your warrior offtank it while you kill the thrash you have in camp. Once that is done, kill the Avatar.
When the Avatar of Hakkar dies, every other monster disapears, script completed sucessfully! Loot the Essence of Hakkar and right click your egg to fill it up the Essence of Hakkar — Quest Completed!
Also the avatar can drop quite good items, 6 different blue items, such as:
Now on to your last epic battle, the Shade of Eranikus!
6. Shade of Eranikus:
Eranikus has the best loot table in the zone, and he is also the hardest mob to defeat in the zone. Don’t bother if the average level of your group isn’t around lvl 53, because Eranikus is himself lvl 55. So anyone below lvl 53 will see him Orange, and it will be hard for anyone in this case to deal sufficient damage to him. This doesn’t apply to the healer of your group though, who can heal just fine no matter what level Eranikus is.
Anyway, there are a few tricks to this fight that I will reveal, so even if you feel your group is a bit low level, you can go and try.
First of all, you must kill EVERY single Dragonkin in the whole area. They come to the aid of Eranikus when you engage him.
Once you have the whole circle room and the corridors cleared, go toward the chamber of Eranikus, on the way you will find two other dragons: Hazzas and Morphaz. They share the same loot table as Dreamscythe and Weaver, and are about as hard. The only difference is that you have to fight those two at the same time, so this isn’t an easy fight. But if you managed Jammal`an and the Script of Hakkar, you should be fine.
After those two last dragons bite the dust, you will be left with only one challenge to accomplish: defeat the Shade of Eranikus.
- Eranikus hits fairly hard, about 400-500 on a well equiped defensive tank.
- He has a lot of hit points.
- Deep Slumber, this is his killer ability. It puts a target to sleep for 15 seconds. You cannot dispel it, you cannot do anything against it. And the worst is, he will most likely cast it on your tank, and then go hit your casters for 800-1000 dmg a pop.
- He also has some kind of annoying AE dmg + Knockback + Stun attack. So make sure everyone but the tank and the Deep Slumber decoy are at max healing / nuking range.
So as soon as your tank engages Eranikus, have that other person go with him and melee and build some aggro. The ideal would be that this person has high aggro on Eranikus, but doesn’t overaggro your tank, or it could get uggly. And if you do this right, Eranikus will pick that person as target for Deep Slumber, and that way your tank will always be taking the hits.
Note: It happens quite often that he sleeps your tank the first time he does it. A shaman, a paladin, or a rogue with evasion up can pull the aggro and survive Eranikus until your tank awakes and Taunts. Give your tank a few seconds to rebuild aggro before you start nuking Eranikus again, and let him pull it away from camp.
Normally if you did it right, he will not Deep Slumber your tank again, and will pick the other person meleeing him.
Once you have the Deep Slumber under control, the fight is pretty stable, but still mana intensive, because he hits hard. If you die it’s not an issue, you can quickly run back to the temple, take the leftmost path, and be back to his lair in 5 min for another attempt.
He is worth the trouble, drops at least 1-2 blue items, here are some of them:
And if you are really lucky (0.1% chance 🙄 ):
Also, you will find Essence of Eranikus on the corpse. Loot it and click it to start the quest. To finish the quest, just go to the brazier in the left corner of the room, and you will get experience and a trinket as reward. (keep this trinket in bank if you don’t use it, because it’s currently part of a greater chain of quest, but not completed yet)
This was all you needed to know about the Temple of Atal`Hakkar instance, and I hope you enjoyed this guide. If I forgot anything, if you want me to add something, or if you find any mistakes please say it 🙂
Thanks for reading!
Copyrights WoW-Pro All rights reserved