- Titan Panel: Great mod that allows you to keep track of your inventory, money, and experience easily. It also shows (X,Y) coordinates that are frequently used in this guide.
- Cartographer: Awesome map mod that has a lot of cool features, particularly, a fully explored world map that is very helpful for everyone, especially beginners.
- Quest Level: Simple mod that shows the level of a quest in your quest log.
I’m going to take this part from Jame’s guide because he does a good job of explaining it:
In case you don’t know how to install add-ons, make a folder called Interface in your World of Warcraft directory (if it doesn’t exist already). Then you open it and create a folder called Addons inside the Interface folder (if it doesn’t exist already). Now every Addon you want to install goes directly into the Addon folder. For example you download and unzip Titan Panel, you drag the folder called TITAN PANEL (not Interface or Addons) into the new Addon folder you created. You restart World of Warcraft completely and it should be working.
If it isn’t you might need to log out to your login screen and click on “Addons” in the left lower corner. Tick the box that says “Load out of date Addons”. Relaunch WoW.
A few notes.
- At level 10 (or 12 for Paladin) you get a class quest. This is usually very important, if not necessary, and I recommend you do it. However, any race besides a Dwarf and Gnome must go back to their starting area in order to receive their class quests as they will not be available to them in Dun Morogh.
- It is VERY helpful to get bags as soon as possible. Try to get a few of the 6 slots from the vendors or get some from the Auction House. Tailors can also make bags. Just try to get some pretty soon because they are extremely valuable.
- Always spend your talent points in what will give you the most dps (Warriors should go Fury/Arms, Priests should go Shadow, Paladins should go retribution/dps holy, etc.).
- Whenever you log out, try to log out in an inn because this gives you rested experience and makes it twice as easy to level!
- To save you the trouble, take any quest you see because we will be doing all of them, including the follow-ups (don’t take the ones in Loch Modan when you get to that part, just get the ones I tell you to).
- I don’t recommend following this guide if you are not a Dwarf or Gnome (especially if you are a Druid or Shaman because there is no class trainer for those in Dun Morogh) because it’s best to get honored with your home first. There are also a couple of quests only available to a Dwarf or Gnome in this guide.Here’s a little color code for you:
- Purple: Names of NPC’s
- Red: Names of Mobs
- Teal: Areas (towns, cities, etc.)
- Blue: Quests
- Orange: Items
- Green: Coordinates
- Black: Starting of a new session/important Notes/levels
All these things will be colored so they’re easy to spot and also bold.
Before we begin, go kill a couple of wolves and loot the items they drop. Head back to the little camp you started in and sell the stuff. This should get you 10 copper. Go to your class trainer in Anvilmar which is a little west. Buy your level 1 skill and let’s begin.
I’m not going to put a map for this part because it’s so easy a caveman could do it ;). Just grind on wolves and troggs around until you hit level 2.
1. Go back to the camp that you started at and sell your stuff you got from your kills. Get the quest  Dwarven Outfitters from Sten Stoutarm.
2. Go kill Ragged Young Wolves until you get 8 Tough Wolf Meat.
3. Head back to Sten Stoutarm and turn in your quest. Get the follow ups  Consecrated Rune (quest name varies between classes) and  Coldridge Valley Mail Delivery. Also get  A New Threat from Balir Frosthammer and sell your junk. Note that  Consecrated Rune (or however it’s named, depending on your class) IS considered a class quest and only available to Dwarves and Gnomes. However, it’s not important and can be skipped.
4. Head south and kill any troggs you find here. Stay here until you get 6 Rockjaw Troggs, 6 Burly Rockjaw Troggs, and hit Level 3. Return to Balir Frosthammer and turn in your quest.
1. While you’re here sell your stuff. Now follow the road west and a little north until you come to Anvilmar (28,69). Turn in your quest to you class trainer, then get the quest  A Refugee’s Quandry from Felix Whindlebolt, a little gnome by the forge. Note: Get the quest  Beginnings from your trainer if you are a Warlock. This quest is a class quest so you must return to your starting area to complete it if you are a Warlock because this quest is very important.
2. Leave and follow the road west. Keep going until you find Tallin Keeneye at (22,71). Turn in your quest and get the follow up  Coldridge Mail Delivery and also  The Boar Hunter. From now on kill any boar you see until you get 12 kills.
3. Head south following the road until you come to another camp with a couple of dwarves there (24,75). Turn in your quest to Grelin Whitebeard and get the follow up  The Troll Cave. Don’t get the other quest from Nori Pridedrift just yet.
4. Head west until you come to a troll camp (21,76). From now on kill any Frostmane Troll Whelps until you have 14 kills. Clear this camp and loot Felix’s Box by the drums.
5. Head south until you find another troll camp at (22,79). Clear it and loot Felix’s Chest right next to the fire.
6. Head southeast a bit until you reach yet another troll camp (26,79). Get Felix’s Bucket of Bolts then go between the 3 camps until you get 14 troll kills. If you haven’t gotten 12 boar kills yet, do that as well (a little north of the first troll camp). Now grind on boars, troggs, and trolls until you’re Level 4 (if you haven’t leveled yet) and at least 7 bars into Level 4.
1. Head back to Tallin Keeneye at (22,71) and turn in your quest.
2. Follow the road southeast to the other camp and turn in your quest  The Troll Cave and get the follow up  The Stolen Journal. Get the quest  Scalding Mornbrew Delivery from Nori Pridedrift.
3. Head back to Anvilmar, sell your junk, visit your class trainer, and turn in your quest to Felix Whindlebolt. Also turn in  Scalding Mornbrew Delivery to Durnan Farcutter and get the follow up  Bring Back the Mug.
4. Return to Nori Pridedrift at the southwestern dwarf camp and turn in the quest. This should make you level.
1. Head slightly southeast until you come to the troll cave (26,79). Enter this and clear your way until you come to a fork with 3 tunnels. Take the northern passage (or the one on your left) and clear your way until you come to another fork. Keep heading straight and you’ll come to a large room with a frozen pond in the middle. At the eastern corner of this room you’ll see Grik’nir The Cold. Kill him and loot Grelin Whitebeard’s Journal. Now grind on trolls until you are 16.5 bars into Level 5 and 3.5 bars away from Level 6.
2. Head back to Grelin Whitebeard at the dwarf camp and turn in your quest. This should make you level.
1. Head to Anvilmar and sell your junk and visit your class trainer (turn in  Beginnings if you are a Warlock). Note: Get the quest  In Favor of the Light from your trainer if you are a priest.
2.Get out and follow the road east until you come to Coldridge Pass at (33,71). Turn in your quest to Mountaineer Thalos and get the follow up  Senir’s Observations. Also get the quest  Supplies to Tannok from Hands Springspocket.
3. A little to your left you’ll see a cave. Inside there are troggs that hit like wussies. You can choose to clear these all, or run straight through them to the other side. You won’t die if you run through so you should to save time, these guys won’t give you much experience anyway. Now that your on the other side follow the road north and east.
4. Keep following this road until you come to the town of Kharanos (46,53). As soon as you enter, you should see Senir Whitebeard standing next to some caravans. Turn in your quest to him and continue north to the inn (big building on the right). Get the quest,  Beer Basted Boar Ribs from Ragnar Thunderbrew outside the inn. Go inside the inn and turn in your quest to Tannok Frosthammer. Also talk to Innkeeper Belm and set your Hearthstone here (turn in  In Favor of the Light if you are a Priest and get the follow up). Now leave the inn and head across the road to Tharek Blackstone and get his quest  Tools for Steelgrill. Note: If you are a Priest, head south a bit to (45,54) where you’ll find Mountaineer Dorf. Cast heal then fortitude on him then return to Maxan Anvol for your reward.
5. Head northeast a bit until you get to Steelgrill’s Depot at (49,48). Get the quests  Stocking Jetsteam from Pilot Bellowfiz,  The Grizzled Den from Pilot Stonegear, and  Ammo for Rumbleshot from Loslor Rudge. Also turn in your quest to Beldin Steelgrill.
6. (From now on kill any Crag Boars and Black Bear you come across). Head southwest, past Kharanos, until you get to The Grizzled Den. Continue until you find a small wrecked camp (44,56). Right click the ammo crate by the tent and loot Rumbleshot’s Ammo.
7. Head slightly southwest until you find a camp with a few dwarves at it (40,65). Turn in your quest to Hegnar Rumbleshot.
8. Head north until you come to a yeti cave (42,54). Kill these guys until you get 8 Wendigo Manes and hit Level 7. These guys aren’t that hard, but more than one can overwhelm you so pull carefully.
1. Now if you haven’t finished  Stocking Jetsteam and  Beer Basted Boar Ribs, go kill more boars and bears until you do. Return to Kharanos and talk to the innkeeper and buy a Rhapsody Malt. Turn in  Beer Basted Boar Ribs outside the inn.
2. Head northeast to Steelgrill’s Depot. Turn in your quests  Stocking Jetsteam and  The Grizzled Den. Get the follow up  Evershine.
3. How close you are to Level 8 varies, so go kill the Wendigos or animals until you level.
1. Head east to the southern end of Kharanos and get the quest  Frostmane Hold from Senir Whitebeard. Visit your class trainer, sell, and repair.
2. Head north along the road a bit until you see a small dirt path on the west side of it. Follow that to a small building (46,48) and get the quest  Operation Recombobulation from Razzle Sprysprocket.
3. Keep following the road north until you come to a bridge crossing a frozen river (46,43). Follow the river west until you come to the frozen lake, then head southwest to Brewnall Village (30,45). Turn in your quest  Evershine and get the follow up  A Favor for Evershine and also  The Perfect Stout from Rejold Barleybrew. Also get  Bitter Rivals from Marleth Barleybrew. (From now on kill an Ice Claw Bear, Snow Leopard, and Elder Crag Boar you find).
4. Head Southwest a bit until you come to a troll cave (25,50). Enter the cave and start clearing until you get the “Explore Frostmane Hold Complete” message and have 5 Frostmane Headhunters kills.
5. Head northeast a bit until you see a path leading up to the mountain (37,42). Follow this up to the fork then follow it southeast to the camp. Clear the camp and loot any Shimmerweed Baskets on the ground for Shimmerweed. If you didn’t get 6 don’t worry there’s more north. If you did, just skip to the next paragraph. Head back to the fork and this time go north and cross the bridge. Follow the road on the other side that goes east to another camp and a small cave. Kill here until you get 6 Shimmerweeds.
6. Head west until you get to Gnomeregan. Start to kill Leper Gnomes until you finish  Operation Recombobulation and hit Level 9. If you haven’t finished  A Favor for Evershine kill more bears, boars, and cats until you do then hearthstone back to Kharanos.
1. Talk to the innkeeper and buy a Thunder Ale. Head to the basement of the inn where you’ll find Jarven Thunderbrew with a blue question mark over his head. Turn in the quest  Distracting Jarven then right click the Unguarded Thunderbrew Ale behind him and turn in the quest. Get the follow up  Return to Marleth. Leave the inn and go to the southern end of the town and turn in your quest to Senir Whitebeard and get the follow up  The Reports.
2. Head northwest a bit to the gnome house we were at earlier. Turn in your quest.
3. Head north along the road, cross the bridge, then follow the road east and all the way to Ironforge. Go to the throneroom and turn in your quest. (If you are a race other than a Dwarf or Gnome, get the flight path to Ironforge that is a little east of the throne room in the greatforge).
4. Leave Ironforge and go to Brewnall Village and turn in the quests  Return to Marleth,  A Favor for Evershine, and  The Perfect Stout. This should bring you up to about 13.5 bars.
5. Head north to Gnomeregan and grind on the Leper Gnomes until you hit Level 10.
Now you should do your level 10 quest. From now on, you’ll probably have more experience than it says in the guide because I used a paladin to write this guide. Just follow it as if you hadn’t gotten the boost in experience from your level 10 quest, and if it says to grind to a certain amount and you already have enough you don’t need to.
1. Head back to Steelgrill’s Depot and turn in the quest  Return to Bellowfiz. If you followed this guide and you’re a Dwarf this will make you honored with Ironforge.
2. Go back to Kharanos to visit class trainer, sell, and repair.
3. Head north along the road, then southeast where it forks before the bridge. Keep following this road until you come to a fork where a dirt path leads north (62,54). Follow the path north to Amberstill Ranch and get the quest  Protecting the Herd from Rudra Amberstill.
4. Head west around the mountain until you come to a dirt path leading up into the mountains (59,50). Head up this and you should see Vagash. Kill him and loot his fang then return to Rudra Amberstill for your reward.
5. Get back on the road and continue east. Soon you will come to a road leading south into Gol’Bolar Quarry. Take it. Get the quests  The Public Servant from Senator Mehr Stonehallow and  Those Blasted Troggs! from Foreman Stonebrow. Head south into the actual quarry and start killing Rockjaw Skullthumpers until you finish  Those Blasted Troggs!. Now make your way to the eastern part of the quarry where you’ll find a cave. Go inside and clear the troggs until you get 10 Rockjaw Bonesnapper kills. Now comes the not so fun part. This should bring you up to about half way. Now you need to grind to Level 11 and 6.5 bars into Level 11. You can stay here in the quarry, or go back to Gnomeregan. It’s up to you as long as you level.
1. Head back up to the dwarves above the quarry and turn in both of your quests (by the way this should make you honored with Gnomeregan if you’re a Dwarf and followed this guide). Now leave and get back on the road.
2. Follow the road east until you come to a fork. Take the Northeastern road and you’ll soon come to North Gate Outpost. Get the quest  The Lost Pilot from Pilot Hammerfoot. Head northwest a bit until you come to a dirt path on the west side of the road. You should see A Dwarven Corpse on the ground (79,36). Right click it, turn in the quest, and get the follow up  A Pilot’s Revenge. A white bear will spawn a little up the hill named Mangeclaw. Kill it and loot the claw. Return to Pilot Hammerfoot for your reward.
3. Leave the way you came and go back to Dun Morogh. Head back to the fork and this time take the southeastern route until you come to South Gate Outpost (86,48). You should see Mountaineer Barleybrew. Turn in your quest and get the follow up  Stout to Kadrell. Continue east along the road until you come to a tunnel. Follow that through.
4. This will bring you to Loch Modan. Follow the road until you get to a 3 way fork. Head down the southwest road and go to the outpost on the side of the road. Get the quest  In Defense of the King’s Lands from Mountaineer Cobbleflint. Head inside the outpost and get the quest  The Trogg Threat from Captain Rugelfuss. Go back outside and to the fork. This time take the northern road. Keep following this main road and you’ll be in the town of Thelsamar soon. Once you get to Thelsamar find Mountaineer Kadrell. Turn in the quest  Stout to Kadrell. Go inside the inn and set your
here. Head to the most eastern house of the town and get the quest  Honor Students from Brock Stoneseeker. Go to the western side of the town and get the flight path from Thorgrum Borrelson. Turn in your quest to him and get the follow up  Ride to Ironforge. Fly to Ironforge.
5. Head to the northern side of the circular area you are in. You should see a marker on your minimap. Turn in your quest to Golnir Bouldertoe and get the follow up  Gryth Thurden. Go back to the Gryphon Master and turn in the quest. Get the follow up  Return to Brock
6. Leave Ironforge and head south to the frozen river. Now head south west in between the two mountains until you come to 2 caves on either side of you. Head up the hill to the western one and get the quest  Tundra MacGrann’s Stolen Stash. Now head east to the other cave where you’ll see a level 11 elite yeti inside. Wait for it to leave and go somewhere else then go in the cave and right click the chest on the ground and get the meats. Return to Tundra MacGrann and turn in your quest. This should make you level.
Level 12Head back to Kharanos and visit class trainer, sell, and repair. End of 1-12.