In each section the elders found on that particular continent will be included, as well as the elders found in dungeons on that continent, and elders found in capital cities on that continent. Note that this guide is written for Horde players as I do not have an extensive knowledge of Alliance flight paths and such. An Alliance player could theoretically follow this if they simply substituted their own flight paths in place of the Horde ones.
All elders are friendly to all players. This means that horde players will be entering alliance territory and vice versa. Obviously, this means that it will be easier to complete these achievements on a PvE server, but it is possible on a PvP server. Because it is required to enter alliance towns/cities, I recommend anyone who follows this guide to be level 80. I wrote the guide as if a level 80 were doing it, and some of the elders might be impossible to get to at other levels. I have tried to include the coordinates and general geographic location of every elder in the guide, but at times it is not possible to include both.
I HIGHLY recommend installing a coordinate addon if you do not have one already as it will make your life easier. My personal favorite is “Koordinator” and can be downloaded at wow-curse.com
I use a color code during the guide, which is as follows:
• Cities/Towns are in Red
• Elders are in Dark Blue
• Coordinates are in Teal
Anyways, enough talk. On with the guide!
1. Start in Orgrimmar and set your Hearthstone here. Find Elder Darkhorn in the Valley of Wisdom, to the right of the building Thrall is in.
2. Take the flight path to Valormok, Azshara. Find Elder Skygleam near the Ravencrest Monument. (72,85)
3. Ride back to Valormok and fly to Everlook, Winterspring. Elder Stonespire will be located outside the bank.(61,37)
4. Mount up and take a ride to the Ruins of Kel’Teril. Find Elder Brightspear at 55,43.
5. Ride back to Everlook and fly to Bloodvenom Post, Felwood. Mount up and ride south to Jaedenar. Elder Nightwind is located at 37,52.
6. Ride back to Bloodvenom Post and fly to Zoram’Gar Outpost, Ashenvale. Ride east to the Alliance town of Astranaar, and find Elder Riversong in a gazebo in the center of town. (35,48)
7. Head west then north, following the path, until you enter Darkshore. Continue heading north until you find Auberdine. Locate Elder Starweave south of the gryphon master at 36,46. (He is on the beach, not in the town proper.)
8. When you’re ready, enter Auberdine. Yes, it is an alliance town, but it is also the only way to reach Teldrassil. Go to the docks of Auberdine, and go to the pier that is to your right as you are running down the docks. You will be attacked by guards, but they are low level and you should be fine. Wait for the boat (it usually takes forever) and board it. DO NOT attack the guards on the boat, as they will not attack you unless you attack them. If you are lucky, there won’t be any alliance on the boat and, if you’re even luckier, they won’t attack.
9. Take the boat until it drops you off in Rut’Theran Village. Make a mad dash to the purple portal on the rise. You should make it through without dying, and you will be in Darnassus. Head north, while trying to stay in the water, to the Cenarion Enclave. Find Elder Bladeswift at 33,14. If you die, it’s ok. Just rez right near your body and run to the elder. See following map.
10. Head east until you exit the city, trying to avoid the elite guards and giants. You will now be in Teldrassil proper. Head east down the road until you reach Dolanaar. Find Elder Bladeleaf at 56,60. If you are trying to get the explorer achievements, I would recommend exploring the rest of Teldrassil now to prevent the hassle of returning again.
11. Hearthstone to Orgrimmar. Exit Orgrimmar and head south to Razor Hill. Find Elder Runetotem at 54,44.
12. Go west from Razor Hill, entering The Barrens (enjoy Barrens chat during your stay!), and keep going west until you reach The Crossroads. Find Elder Moonwarden near the flight path at 51,30.
13. Fly to Ratchet, The Barrens. Find Elder Windtotem at 63,37.
14. Fly to Camp Taurajo, The Barrens. Find Elder High Mountain across from the Inn, at 45,57.
15. Mount up and ride west to Bloodhoof Village, Mulgore. You will find Elder Bloodhoof at 48,53 right next to Ahab Wheathoof and the bridge.
16. Ride north to Thunderbluff. Go to Elder Rise and find Elder Proudhorn.
17. Take the flight path to Shadowprey Village, Desolace. Set your hearthstone here. Head north to the Valley of Spears, and enter Maraudon. FindElder Splitrock using the map below. Hearth to Shadowprey Village when you are done.
18. Fly to Camp Mojache, Feralas. Head north to the Lariss Pavilion and find Elder Grimtotem at 76,37.
19. Go south back to Camp Mojache and then head west to Dire Maul. Go inside the building (not the instance) to the Dire Maul Arena. Find Elder Mistwalker at 43,67.
20. Ride east back to Camp Mojache and fly to Cenarion Hold, Silithus. Go to the moonwell right near the flight path and find Elder Bladesing. Go north west of Cenarion Hold to The Crystal Vale, and find Elder Primestone at 23,11.
21. Go back to Cenarion Hold, and fly to Marshal’s Refuge, Un’goro Crater. Ride south to the Slithering Scar and find Elder Thunderhorn at 50,76.
22. Ride east until you find the slope going up to Tanaris. Ride further east to The Valley of Watchers near Uldum. Find Elder Ragetotem at 36,80.
23. Ride north to Gadgetzan, Tanaris[/color]. Find Elder Dreamseer in Gadgetzan.
24. Ride west to Zul’Farrak. Zone into Zul’Farrak and head to the pool where Ghaz’rilla spawns. Find Elder Wildmane there. See following map.
25. Exit Zul’Farrak and ride back to Gadgetzan. Head north from Gadgetzan and enter Shimmering Flats, Thousand Needles. Go to the Mirage Raceway and find Elder Morningdew at 79,77 near the start/finish line.
26. Ride west to Freewind Post and find Elder Skyseer at 45,48.
27. Congratulations on Elders of Kalimdor! Fly to Orgrimmar and take the zeppelin to The Undercity.
2. Exit The Undcercity, and ride north to Brill. Find Elder Graveborn near the Inn, at 61,53.
3. Ride east and enter Western Plaguelands. Continue following the road east until you see Darrowmere Lake to the south. Cross the lake to Caer Darrow (the island) and continue up the path to Scholomance. Stand in front of the door that leads to the instance portal, and turn around. Go through that entry way, and continue all the way to the roof where you will find Elder Moonstike. (52,26)
4. Cross back over Darrowmere Lake, and continue north until The Weeping Cave. At 65,47 you will find Elder Meadowrun.
5. Continue heading east along the road until you reach Crow Guard Tower. There you will find Elder Windrun. (39,75)
6. Head even further east until you reach Light’s Hope Chapel. There you will find Elder Snowcrown. (81,60)
7. Go north from Light’s Hope Chapel, then west until you reach Stratholme. Enter Live Stratholme, head to King’s Square, then east. You should be in Festival Lane, and you should see Elder Farwhisper. See following map. If you do not have The Key to the City, you will not be able to go through the gate on the below map. head west instead, and around the path, careful to not enter the area of Stratholme with scarlet crusade mobs.
8. Exit Stratholme, using the Service Gate (if you have The Key to the City; if not, kill Magistrate Barthilas located at point B on the above map. He will drop the key that you can use at the service gate, marked A on the above map.) ride back to Light’s Hope Chapel, and fly to Revantusk Village, The Hinterlands. Head north from the village, until you find the path leading up. Head west across The Hinterlands and slightly south to get to The Creeping Ruins. Find Elder Highspeak at 50,48.
9. Ride back to Revantusk Village, and fly to Kragath, Badlands. Set your hearthstone here.
10. Mount up and ride east, then north until you enter Loch Modan. Head north, staying on the west side of the loch, until you reach Thelsamar. Find Elder Silvervein on the hill overlooking the graveyard. (33,46)
11. Head west from Thelsamar, and go through The Northern Gate Outpost to enter Dun Morough. Head west, then south until you reach Kharanos. Find Elder Goldwell at 46,51.
12. Head north from Kharanos until you reach Ironforge. Now, this part will be difficult. You are going to need to enter Ironforge and run to the Mystic Ward to find Elder Bronzebeard at 29,17. I would recommend taking off all your gear, then making a series of suicide runs into the city. See following map. Hearthstone to Kargath. If your hearthstone is not up, walk back to Kargath.
13. Fly to Thorium Point, Searing Gorge. Ride south until you find Blackrock Mountain, then west and up into the mountains. Find Elder Ironband in Blackchar Cave (you can see the cave icon on your map) at 21,78.
14. Ride east back to Blackrock Mountain, and enter it. Climb onto the chain to your left, and follow it to the large suspended rock in the center. Follow the stairs downward and out onto a ledge. Follow the ramp down some more, down another chain, and through an archway near a blood elf. Follow this path as it zigzags a bit and you will be in a large open area. Traverse this and enter Blackrock Depths. (I will be adding a map here shortly.)
15. Proceed east then north to the Ring of Law and find Elder Morndeep. Talking to him will start the Ring of Law event, so get ready to run out. See following map.
16. Exit Blackrock Depths the way you came. Go back to the chain we used to come down (the first one), and climb back up it. At the top, jump down. Head right from where you are and you should be going up an incline. At the top of the incline, you will see a balcony that you can jump on. Find the instance portal to Blackrock Spire in here. After you enter the instance, proceed forward, up the ramp. Head across the room until you encounter two small stairways. Take the one on your right, as you are facing the stairs. Make an immediate right at the top of the stairs, and jump down off the ledge. Hug the wall to the left and enter a passage which zigzags until you enter Hordemar City. Hug this left wall until you see a wooden bridge. Cross it to find Elder Stonefort.
17. Exit Blackrock Spire, go back down the chain, and proceed down the ramps of Blackrock Mountain to enter The Burning Steppes.
18. Head east to Dreadmaul Rock and find Elder Rumblerock at 82,46.
19. Head to Flame Crest (65,24) and find Elder Dawnstrider. Fly to Stonard, Swamp of Sorrows. Set your hearthstone here.
20. Ride west of Stonard, then south to enter The Blasted Lands. Follow the road south to The Dark Portal and find Elder Bellowrage at 57,54.
21. Ride back to The Swamp of Sorrows. Time for a bit of traveling. Mount up and ride west, through Deadwind Pass and Duskwood (avoiding the alliance town of Darkshire.) Enter Westfall and head south west to Sentinel Hill. Enter the large tower, and walk to the top to find Elder Skychaser at 56,47.
22. Jump down from the tower (or walk back down if don’t like your chances) and head north east to enter Elwynn Forest. Head east and enter the town of Goldshire. Find Elder Stormbrow at 40,63 behind the blacksmith shop.
23. Head north until you come upon Stormwind. You will need to go to the section of Stormwind called The Park. There, at 35,65, you will find Elder Hammershout. Once again, I recommend a series of corpse runs. See following map. Once you have talked to the elder, hearthstone to Stonard.
24. Head east of Stonard until you reach the lake, then swim across it until you reach The Temple of Atal’Hakkar. Proceed through it to get to the instance portal. Once in Sunken Temple, head left up the spiral staircase and go left around the circle to the first alcove on your left. Find Elder Starsong there. Proceed back to Stonard. Fly to Booty Bay, Stranglethorn Vale.
25. Jump off the balcony where the horde flight path is onto the roof of the bank. There you will find Elder Winterhoof at 27,74.
26. Exit Booty Bay, and proceed north until you reach Zul’Gurub. Proceed up the stair to the instance portal. At 53,18 you should find Elder Starglade.
27. Head west to Grom’Gol Base Camp, and take the zeppelin to The Undercity.
28. Once in The Undercity, take the zeppelin to Howling Fjord in Northrend.
At this point you should have the following Lunar Festival Achievements:
• A Coin of Ancestry
• 10 Coins of Ancestry
• 25 Coins of Ancestry
• Elders of the Eastern Kingdoms
• Elders of Kalimdor
• Elders of the Alliance
• Elders of the Horde
There are still some Elders remaining in Northrend dungeons. I would recommend trying to find some people in your guild to hit up each dungeon with an elder in it, or look in general channel for a group for the dungeon when we are in the zone the dungeon is located. All the elders can be found in normal versions of their dungeons except Elder Ohanzee in Gundrak. I will remind when we are in a zone with a dungeon elder. Also since this is Northrend, and you can use your flying mount, we will be flying everywhere on our mounts as opposed to taking flight paths. If you do not have epic flying, or are just too lazy to manually fly everywhere, simply use flight paths instead. One more thing; none of the elders that are located in alliance/horde towns are actually in the towns…they are standing on a cliff overlooking the town or standing just outside the perimeter of the town.
1. Look for a group for Elder Jarten in Utgarde Keep and Elder Chogan’gada in Utgarde Pinnacle. To get to Elder Jarten, go through the tunnel in Utgarde Keep with the undead in it (past Prince Kelseth’s room) and up the staircase. He should be in an alcove on your left. Elder Chogan’gada is in the room after Skadi, at the bottom of the stairs. He is hiding behind a wooden wall, but you should be able to see his moon beam light through the floor above.
2. Fly north to Grizzly Hills. Keep flying north until you reach Camp Oneqwah and find Elder Whurain. (65,46)
While you’re in Grizzly Hills, try to find a group for Drak’Tharon keep. You will find Elder Kilias inside the same pen as the third boss of the instance, King Dred.
3. Fly east to The Ruins of Telthys, a few islands on the ocean, and find Elder Lunaro at 78,35.
4. Fly west and slightly north to Westfall Brigade Encampment and find Elder Beldak at 60,27.
5. Fly north and enter Zul’Drak. Fly to Zim’Torga and find Elder Tauros at 59,56.
While you’re in Zul’Drak, find a group for Gundrak. Elder Ohanzee can only be accessed in heroic mode, meaning that you MUST be 80 to obtain this elder. That being said, find Elder Ohanzee in the same chamber as Eck, the frog boss who is located behind the secret door that opens after Moorabi is defeated.
6. Fly slightly north west and enter The Storm Peaks. Fly north east to Camp Taunka’lo and find Elder Muraco at 64,51.
While in The Storm Peaks, find a group for Halls of Stone. Find Elder Yurauk on the path heading towards Krystallus.
7. Head far west, to the other side of the zone, and find Elder Stonebeard inside Bouldercrag’s Refuge. (31,37)
8. Fly south to Frosthold and find Elder Fargal at 28,73.
9. Fly south to K3 and find Elder Greymane at 41,84.
10. Fly south through Crystalsong Forest, stop at Dalaran and set your hearthstone here, (I forgot to do this, went to hearth after an instance, and found myself in Stonard 🙂 and then fly south to Dragonblight.
11. Fly south all the way to the ocean and Moa’ki Harbor. Find Elder Thoim at 48,79 right behind the dockmaster.
While in Dragonblight, find a group for Azjol’Nerub. Find Elder Nurgen at the bottom of the pit you fall into after the second boss. He will be standing on the rim of the pool.
12. Fly north west to Agmar’s Hammer and find Elder Skywarden at 35,48.
13. Fly west to Star’s Rest and find Elder Morthi at 29,55.
14. Fly west, entering Boring (oh, sorry, Borean) Tundra. Keep flying west until you reach the DEHTA Camp and Elder Arp at 57,43.
While in Borean Tundra, find a group for The Nexus. You will find Elder Igasho in the area right near Ormorock.
15. Fly south to Valiance Keep and find Elder Sardis standing on a rocky outcrop on the outside of the keep. (59,65)
16. Fly slightly north west to Warsong Hold and find Elder Pamuya standing on a ledge above the quarry. (42,49)
17. Head further north west and find the Transistus Shield and Elder Northal at 33,34.
18. Fly north east and enter Sholazar Basin. Keep flying north east to River’s Heart and find Elder Sandrine at Lakeside Landing. (49,63)
19. Keep flying north east to Rainspeaker Rapids and find Elder Wanikaya standing behind the Avatar of Freya. (63,49)
20. Hearth to Dalaran. If you’re lucky, Horde will have control of Wintergrasp and you can take the portal there and find Elder Bluehoof in the fortress. If Horde does not have Wintergrasp, log off and bake cookies or something until they do. Maybe Read War and Peace. Your choice.