- At Honored you receive a 10% decrease on vendor purchases and repairs.
- At Exalted you can purchase a tiger mount and the Tiger Riding Skill. This is not race restricted, meaning that any alliance race can purchase a tiger mount if they are Exalted with Darnassus.
How to raise your reputation
- First of all go to the AH and purchase (or farm them yourself)– 3 stacks of Wool Cloth
– 3 stacks of Mageweave Cloth
– 3 stacks of Silk Cloth
- Go to Darnassus and seek Raedon Darkstriker, the Darnassus Cloth Quartermaster, located in the tailoring shelter in the Craftman’s Terrace. The items that you have bought will allow you to do the following three quests- A Donation of Wool
– A Donation of Mageweave
– A Donation of Silk
This should bring you 150 reputation for each quest = 450 reputation in total. You also unlock the quest “Additional Runecloth“, which is a repeatable level 50+ quest, allowing you to raise your faction as high as Exalted.
- (If you have already completed the Un’Goro Soil quest line, please proceed to the next step). Get the “Un’Goro Soil” quest from ArchDruid Fangal Staghelm. This quest line provides the character with an Evergreen Pouch. With it you can combine 2 Un’Goro Soil and 1 Thaenis Seed. This will yield either 1-4 Morrowgrain or a random herb. The pouch has a 10 minute cooldown.Go to Un’Goro and gather Un’Goro Soil. Whenever your pouch is up combine the soil with the Thaenis Seeds. You will need about 60 Un’Goro Soil to be on the safe side as the combine doesn’t always yield Morrowgrain. At some point you will be out of Thaenis Seed, when that happens go back to Darnassus and turn in Un’Goro Soil, you’ll be able to purchase more Thaenis Seeds from Arch Druid Fandral, once this quest is complete. (For this turn in you’ll need 20 Morrowgrain)
After doing the remaining combines, complete the quest “Morrowgrain Research” at Arch Druid Fandral (requires 10 Morrowgrain). Make sure that you have 10 more Morrowgrain in your bags and go to Feathermoon Stronghold. Get the quest “The Mystery of Morrowgrain” and complete it. Morrowgrain may now be turned in to Quintis Jonespyre, Feathermoon, or Mathrengyl Bearwalker, Darnassus, yielding 25 reputation per 5 Morrowgrain. (from level 47-50… that means 5 reputation at level 60)
- Empty your bags completely and purchase a bunch of Thaenis Seeds (100 or so to start off, you’ll probably need more later on). Go to Un’Goro Crater and gather as much Un Goro Soil as you can carry… however still leave one or two backpacks empty and go to Azshara. Remember from now on, whenever your pouch is up do a morrowgrain combine… destroy the trash herbs that you get or sell them, as you wish, but make yourself a macro with the pouch to be ready to do a combine every ten minutes. Now go to the 48-51 Bloodelves in Azshara, they can be found approximately here
Any other Runecloth farming spot works for this btw, but I chose the Bloodelves as this spot is often deserted and the mobs have fairly low HPs. Also you can take a flight from Azshara to Darnassus to do turn ins once you have no Un’Goro Soils anymore (or once your bags are full). Kill those Bloodelves over and over until you either fill up your inventory with Runecloth or until you have no Un’Goro Soil anymore. (Note If you sell the junk you get here or if you destroy it is up to you… selling it will of course slow you down but might bring you very nice cash in the long run).
- Once you have your backpacks filled up take a flight to Darnassus and turn in the Morrowgrain and the Runecloth that you have5 x Morrowgrain = 25 Reputation (at Mathrengyl Bearwalker) (Note that you get 25 reputation at level 47-55, after that the reputation you get decreases by 5 per level you take, that means you’ll get 5 reputation for a morrowgrain turn in at level 60)
20 x Runecloth (one stack) = 50 Reputation (at Raedon Darkstriker)
This is how much reputation points it takes to get from one reputation rank to another
- Neutral to Friendly 3,000 points
- Friendly to Honored 6,000 points
- Honored to Revered 12,000 points
- Revered to Exalted 21,000 points
- If need be you can stock up on Thaenis Seeds and go back to Azshara or get more Un’Goro soil before going there. Rinse and repeat until you hit the desired reputation rank.
- Note There is another repeatable quest for getting Darnassus faction. This might be interesting for skinners… killing Rage Scar Yetis in northern Feralas, will occasional bring you a Pristine Yeti Hide. Right click it to start a quest that you can turn in at Pratt McGrubben in Feathermoon for 50 reputation. You can only carry one of these hides in your inventory at a time. This spot might be crowded and the drop rate might be too low… combine this with the running between the farming spot and Feathermoon for each turn in and you will come to the conclusion that Runecloth farming might be easier to accomplish, but theoretically both can be combined with the Morrowgrain turn-ins to optimally raise faction.
Addition from Haza:
Nice, I’d also recommend Felstone Field/Sorrow hill for runecloth farming in WPL.
Blackrock Stronghold/Firegut Ogres in Burning Steppes.
On the server’s i’ve been on the blood elves in Azshara have been farmed to the max.