Chapter 0 (1-12) – Solon’s Mulgore for Dummies
As of patch 3.0.3 this guide is up to date 11/30/08
Introduction (barrowed from James)
This Guide is a beginners guide to the Tauren race starting zone of Mulgore, Its designed to help even the newest players of Azeroth level with ease. as you can see much of the format follows the style of James guides as much as possible, not because im lazy but because the clean format is easy to read.
When you have completed all the quests isMulgore I suggest you look at Hoshos guide to the barrens (12-21) upon the completion of Hoshos guide you can start leveling with James Horde Leveling guide Ch 1
This guide is made for FAST leveling through the use of Optimized Quest Circuits. With this guide, questing will be very efficient and you’ll not waste any second running around and trying to figure out in which order to do your quests. Follow each instruction carefully and you will see for yourself. The quest choices and order to do them are optimal so that you run as few as possible while doing the most possible, turning several quests at the same time. It will be like grinding, because you’ll be killing stuff almost non-stop, besides you’ll also be completing a bunch of quests at the same time!
DISCLAIMER: This guide does NOT take into account tradeskills, class specific quests or PvP. It’s 100% focused on getting the most experience possible in the shortest possible time while doing a lot of quests and enjoying as much content as possible. Any race/class combination can do this guide. Any complaints about PvP, tradeskills, or class specific issues will be ignored.
Basic Rules barrowed from James (again)
- Spend your talent points so that you kill things as fast as possible. (e.g: Priest should specialize in Shadow Talents, Warriors in Arms/Fury, etc.
- Don’t waste your time trying to find groups for questing, you can solo everything that is described in this guide unless I say otherwise. Only group with someone when it’s not gonna be a waste of time (e.g: meeting the person at the other end of the zone to show him the way to where your quest is, that is a waste of time)
- Try to always log out in an inn or in one of the major cities when you take a break.
- When I say you should make an inn your new home location, it’s for a good reason, and it will save you much time.
Useful Addons barrowed from James (again)
To get the most out of my guide, you should get an addon which displays coordinates, because I use them to describe locations in my guide (x,y). You can use any addon you like, but here’s a very simple one I use.
- DMiniCoordsOptionalHere is a list of add-ons that others find useful
- X-pearl Unit Frames
- Scrolling Combat TextSide Note: In case you don’t know how to install add-ons, simply download an addon from one of the links above and unzip it. Then drag the unziped folder in your Addon folder (full path is c:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons). Then, restart World of Warcraft and it should be working.If it isn’t working, you might need to log out to your character selection screen and click on “Addons” in the lower-left corner. Tick the box that says “Load out of date Addons”. Re-launch WoW.
- There is no shopping you really need to do at this level but if you have the means to buy bags then by all means do.