Current Version: 8.3.0-B4/1.13.5-B4
Last Update: Aug 24, 2020
Next Update: Sep 24, 2020.
This is the 4th WoW 8.3.0/1.13.5 Release
This update includes:
- Support for Retail 8.3.0 and Classic 1.13.5 and PTR Shadowlands (Just the addon, not the guides yet!)
- Updated Classic and Retail guides
- Some bug fixes.
We have a few changes in the B4 release (compared to 8.3.0-B3/1.13.4-B3):
- Update code to handle Shadowlands client API changes
- Retail Dailies Guide Updates: ShadoPan, Fishing Dailies
- Classic Leveling Guide Updates: Teldrassil, LochModan, Tirisfal_Glades, Silverpine_Forest, The_Barrens, HordeChapter1+2
- Retail Leveling Guide Updates: 26 guides were updated.
- New guides: Horde Exile’s Reach (Dev only)
- Bug with multiple objective tracking fixed
- Bug with FAILed quest detection fixed
- Quest Log handling cleaned up and updated to handle Shadowlands
- Frames with Backdrops get Shadowlands compatibility fix
- Bug fix when un-summoning when there is no pet.
- Bug fix when starting while parsing characters trades.
- Bug fix to trade scanner: First Aid now exists again in classic
We have a few changes in the B3 release (compared to 8.3.0-B2/1.13.4-B2):
- Update classic interface to 11305
- Classic Guide Updates: Tirisfal_Glades, Hendo_HordeChapter1+2,
- Retail Guide Updates: Townlong_Steppes, Legion_Paladin, Zuldazar, ShadoPan, DMF,
- New guides: Retail BFA Exploration, Brood of Alysrazor Achievement
- Bug fix for profession sensing in Retail
- Un-summon the first pet for a pet battles in retail
We have a few changes in the B2 release (compared to 8.3.0-B0/1.13.4-B0):
- B2 fixes a bug in B1 that prevented guide selection.
- Fixed bug where guides were being reloaded across portal screens, when they could have been recycled.
- Fixed a bug where steps that were being completed in the load phase did not record the completion.
- An internal change to the quest log scanner was made to support the next expansion!
- An internal change to suppress markdown conversion in the guide recorder was made to support the next expansion!
- Various bug fixes in the recorder made to support the next expansion!
- A bug not detecting the current zone after the initial guide load was fixed.
- A bug where the leveling pet name in pet battles was “Leveling” instead of the actual pet name.
- Invalid zone names no longer generate a LUA traceback in addition to yelling at you in chat.
- We switched to a new HTML parser for loading the guides from https://www.wow-pro.com. This exposed a bug where any use of the & character did not preserve spacing. Like [Marius & Tehd vs a Doomlord] became [Marius&Tehd vs a Doomlord]. About 60 guides were fixed.
- Location of [Grand Master Mo’ruk] updated, [Flowing Pandaren Spirit] and [Burning Pandaren] updated.
- Squirt Garrison pet battle has a new strategy.
- Most of the BFA guides showed irrelevant kill steps when run with rank 1. Fixed!
- Classic Durotar guide: Added Shaman quest.
- Classic Barrens guide: Fixed [Warsong Reports] mistaken turn-in.
- Classic Horde: Hendo touched all his guides!
- BFA Black Empire guide updated with more and better steps for Pandaria.
We have a few changes in the B0 release (compared to 8.3.0-A1/1.13.2-L7):
- Patch levels are now the same (B0) between Retail and Classic
- Gethe contributed an automated system that checks the addon code for rule violations. It helps stop mistakes from being released.
- HereBeDragons has been updated to the latest 2.03 release
- The memory footprint for the addon has been reduced. A log (Deltas) was being added to and never pruned. It was eliminated.
- Fixed bug that caused a LUA error if your target was an NPC that disappeared during a cutscene.
- Quest Objective validation was improved.
- Sped up guide loading by not updating guides on steps where it could be done later.
- Got rid of debug logging that had slipped into the released versions of the addon.
- Fixed bug where Classic was trying to use C_Garrison and blew up.
- Over 100 guides were updated between Classic and Retail. Really!
- Guide window slowly moves around across logins/screen reloads. (improved, but not done)
- Disabling and then Enabling addon using in-game menu loses settings.
- Guide selector module currently not functioning.
While the current guides are pretty good, we will be working constantly to improve and update these guides. Remember that if you notice a bug, you can help us by reporting it!