New version updated to 3.3
WoW-Pro Leveling Addon: An In-Game Addon based on Jame’s Leveling Guide
- Using the Addon
- Supplementary Addons
- Guide List
- Known Issues
Download and install the following Addons
- WoW-Pro Leveling Addon – The base of the addon.
- TomTom – Handles coordinates (It’s that arrow which points you to where you need to go). If you have Cartographer, you don’t need this, since Cartographer has it’s own arrow.
- Lightheaded – Makes TomTom even better, make sure to install this addon or you won’t always get a TomTom arrow to show you the way.
- WARNING: If you have QuestHelper installed, you should disable it, or at least disable the TomTom arrow option in Questhelper, or it will conflict with our addon and give you wrong directions.
If you are not familiar with the installation of addons, it can be done as follows:
- Download and unzip the addon files.
- Navigate to the World of Warcraft directory
- Windows XP: C:\\Program Files\World of Warcraft
- Windows Vista: C:\\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft
- Open the “Interface” folder, then the “Addons” folder inside it.
- Copy and paste the “WoW-Pro”, “TomTom” and “Lightheaded” folders into the World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons directory.
You can check in-game if you’ve installed it correctly; when you go to the character selection screen, on the bottom left corner of the screen is a button called “Addons”. Click that, then scroll down and look for Lightheaded, TomTom and WoW-Pro (it’s in alphabetical order). Make sure they’re
It should look like this:
Once in game, you should see the TourGuide bar under your minimap:
If this is a new character you just created, the correct guide should already be selected automatically.
If this is not a new character, click the TourGuide bar, a window will pop-up with a list of guides sorted by zones and level ranges:
Pick a guide close to your level and in a zone where you haven’t done all the quests.
There you go, just follow the addon!
Using the Addon
Following a Guide
For the most part, the guide is easy to follow. A phrase will appear on the TourGuide bar accompanied by an icon. The icon meanings are as follows:
This ingame help menu can be accessed by heading to the menu, then selecting “Interface”, then “Addons” (up near the top), then expanding (click the + button) “Tour Guide” then selecting “Help” (you can see the “Addons” button and the “Help” part to the left of the screenshot)
Use Item Button
If relevant (for example, the quest Gruesome, But Necessary where you have to use the item on the mob’s corpses), a small box will appear. It will have the graphic of the item to use for the quest. You can move it by left-clicking
and dragging. Left-click on the box to use the item.
In addition, there are comments on most objectives that can be accessed by mousing over the TourGuide bar. I’ve entered them into most objectives; except, for the most part, Accept objectives and Turn-in Objectives, though I do list where each turnin block is on the first objective of the group.
It’s a good idea to be checking the TourGuide bar before you do each objective. I’m planning in future to add an indicator to the TourGuide bar so users will know if an important comment is present for an objective.
Note objectives come in two types; auto-completing and non-auto completing. The auto-completing notes should be most of them. However, some will not auto-complete (and indeed are not intended to, meaning that you only click them after you know what you
These non-auto completing notes should come in three flavours: “Repair, restock and vendor junk” (a general reminder when in town and beginning a new circuit, matches those in the guide); “READ THIS” (used to convey important information about the next objective that you want to know before you start) and “Things to do” (side objectives to complete as you quest).
I’ve tried to keep non-auto completing notes to these three formats, but I’m fairly sure I’ve slipped in places, so bear with me there.
Author’s Note: Not all of these guides have been thoroughly playtested and as such there will be some errors. I do try get it right, but they do slip through. Wowhead or Jame’s internet guide will help in the case of an error.
DoubleWide – A simple but helpful addon, it makes the quest log twice as wide and much easier to read.
This section is still just new (I know about QuestHelper but LightHeaded performs the same function), so suggestions for improvement are welcome.
Alliance – Updated to v0.7 – 12/07/2009
- Maw’s Human Guide (1-12) | Jame | Quality: 100%
- Snowflake’s Draenei Guide (1-12) | Kinrah | Needs Improvements
- Boston’s Gnome/Dwarf Guide (1-12) | Ayajulia | Needs Testing
- Taralom’s Nightelf Guide (1-12) | Needs Testing
- Manovan’s Night Elf Guide (1-13) | Needs Testing
- Joan’s Human Guide (1-12) | Nuzz | Needs Testing
- Maw’s Leveling Guide (12-20) | Jame | Quality: 100%
- Boston’s Leveling Guide (12-20) | Nuzz | Needs Testing
- Sven’s -Bloodmyst- Leveling Guide (12-20) | Nuzz | Needs Testing
- Boston’s Leveling Guide (20-30) | Nuzz | Quality: 100%
- Jame’s Alliance Leveling Guide (30-40) | Nuzz | Needs Testing
- Jame’s Alliance Leveling Guide (40-50) | Nuzz | Needs Testing
- Jame’s Alliance Leveling Guide (50-60) | Nuzz | Needs Testing
- Jame’s – Hellfire Penninsula | Nuzz | Needs Testing
- Jame’s – Zangarmarsh | Nuzz | Needs Testing
- Jame’s – Terokkar | Nuzz | Needs Testing
- Jame’s – Nagrand | Nuzz | Needs Testing
- Jame’s – Blade’s Edge Mountains | Nuzz | Needs Testing
- Jame’s – Borean Tundra | Wizerd | Needs Testing
- Jame’s – Howling Fjord | Wizerd | Needs Testing
- Jame’s – Dragonblight | Needs Testing – New
- Jame’s – Grizzly Hills | Laotseu | Needs Testing
- Jame’s – Death Knight | Needs Testing – New
Horde – Updated to v0.7 – 12/07/2009
- Zerinj’s Orc/Troll Starter (1-12) | Clearasil | Quality 100%
- Shinke’s Tauren Starter (1-12) | Inyurbak | Needs Testing
- Snowflake’s Blood Elf Starter (1-12) | Inyurbak | Needs Testing
- Manovan’s Undead Starter (1-12) | Romgar | Needs Testing New
- SilverKnight’s Silverpine (12-20) | Clearasil | Needs Testing
- Hosho’s Barrens (12-20) | Clearasil | Needs Testing New
- Snowflake’s Ghostlands Guide (13-21) | Black Cat | Needs Testing
- Jame’s Horde Leveling Guide (21-31) | Black Cat | Needs Testing
- Jame’s Horde Leveling Guide (31-41) | Clearasil | Needs Testing New
- Jame’s Horde Leveling Guide (41-51) | Plover2| Needs Testing
- Jame’s Horde Leveling Guide (51-61) | Jiyambi| Needs Testing
- Jame’s Horde Leveling Guide – Hellfire Peninsula | Black Cat | Needs Testing
- Jame’s Horde Leveling Guide – Zangarmarsh | Black Cat | Needs Testing
- Jame’s Horde Leveling Guide – Terokkar Forest | Black Cat | Needs Testing
- Jame’s Horde Leveling Guide – Nagrand | Black Cat | Needs Testing
- Jame’s Horde Leveling Guide – Howling Fjord (70-71) | Black Cat | Needs Testing
- Jame’s Horde Leveling Guide – Borean Tundra (71-73) | Black Cat | Needs Testing
- Jame’s Horde Leveling Guide – Dragonblight (73-75) | Black Cat | Needs Testing
- Jame’s Horde Leveling Guide – Grizzly Hills (75-77) | Black Cat | Needs Testing
If you have a problem, be sure to check the leveling addon FAQ page before asking a question – it only takes a minute, and the answer might be easily found there! If you still have a problem, feel free to post a comment
anywhere on the leveling guide pages and we will respond as soon as possible.
- Hellscream’s Vigil: This quest will not auto-complete for some people, due to there being a separate quest by the same name for those who did the Thrall questline in Nagrand.
- The Lost Spirits: The use item button doesn’t show up for “The Lost Spirits” quest (It’s the “Core of Malice”). This is due to the item not being in the inventory at the start of the quest.
- Drake Hunt: Again not a bug per-se, the second time you grab it (as a daily) is included as a note instead of a accept/complete/turn-in objective set because Tour Guide otherwise detects the quest as complete (due to it sharing the same name as the
non-daily version) despite quest ID, which is supposed to resolve these sorts of issues.
- Latent Power: One of the stone’s coordinates won’t show up as it wasn’t entered correctly (the northwestern one). It can be found at (71.10,39.00). Also, the use item button is missing. These issues will be corrected in the next upload.
If you want to help converting a section of the guide in TourGuide format, please check the following links: