So … I found WoW Pro a bit late to be really useful for the push to get it ready for Cataclysm, but I like to code and in WoW I’m really all about the professions.
I’ve had an idea to build an add-on for the professions, based heavily on the WoW-Core and WoW-Leveling modules so have come up with the following proposal. Please comment on it, tell me if you think it’s workable … or a terrible idea 🙂 Any comments you can make will only improve the final product!
And to the current developers … if you’re already working on this, and would rather I not muddy the waters please let me know. In which case I hope what I’ve put here helps you along the path to development … otherwise LOOK OUT LUA, HERE COMES DUNEDON!
*** SORRY for the formatting below, I could not get this to format in a nice manner no matter how I tried … sigh.
WoW-Pro Profession Guide Addon
** Note this draft does not include steps or tags for class quests as most guides would not require them … further mod could add the ability to show level specific quests.
- AuthorName (3)
- Profession (3)
- StartPL (3)
- EndPL (3)
- Profession: Full Name of Profession
- Author: Author’s Name
- Start PL: Starting Profession Level of Guide
- End PL: Ending Profession Level of Guide
- |R| Run
- |F| Fly
- |b| Boat/Zeppelin
- |H| Hearth
- |h| Set Hearth (may not be needed in guide)
- |f| Get Flight Point (may not be needed in guide)
- |K| Kill
- |U| Use
- |B| Buy
- |l| Loot
- |P| Profession Level (completes when this level is reached)
- |N| Note
- |C| Craft (this step is used to craft/enchant/? a specific item)
- ie: Craft Bolt of Silk Cloth (x of y)
- |T| Train (this step is used to indicate the training of a new skill)
- ie: Train Enchant Chest – Minor Stamina
- |PL|###| Step auto-completes when Profession Level shown is reached
- |L|####| Step auto-completes when the number of items is reached
- |C|Priest,…| Class specific step
- |R|Orc,…| Race specific step
- |N| Note
- |M|55.55,55.55| Mapping (seperate multiple coords with 😉
- |Z| Zone Name
- |S| / |US| Sticky / Un-Sticky (do as you go steps)
- (used to allow crafting to take place at the same time as farming for needed materials)
- |O| Optional Step
- |CC| Coordinate Auto-Complete
- |CS| Coordinate Auto-Complete when done in sequence
- |CR| Coordinate Sequence Repeat. when all coordinates are completed it repeats them. For farming steps.
Ok … that’s the bare bones of my proposed new module … I intend to start coding it using the leveling module as a starting point. If anyone has any questions, comments, critiques or advice please post it here 🙂