MOP Finally Enabling Addons: Volunteers needed!
To quote from UI Addons Enabled in the Next Beta Build:
Starting with the next Mists of Pandaria beta build, we plan to enable the use of UI addons. So whether you’re a savvy addon author or the most discriminating player, there’s no time like the present to start planning out your perfect UI. Addon authors should also make sure to check out prominent addon sites such as WoWInterface and Curse for a chance to apply for a Mist of Pandaria beta key. These sites have recently been given a lot of beta keys to distribute specifically to active addon authors. We likewise strongly encourage authors who have access to the beta to start testing out and fine-tuning their addon updates in the beta as soon as possible.If you use an addon and start seeing errors, try downloading the most recent version of it. If you are still having errors, you may need to turn off the addon until it has been updated.
So the time is coming upon us to start testing WoWPro in the new environment and to start writing new guides.
- Download the latest development addon: https://github.com/Jiyambi/WoW-Pro-Guides/zipball/master
- This will include not only the regular addons, but also the recorder.
- Run the recorder. Places of interest are the Pandaren starting zone and the new level 85-90 areas.
- Also needed are tests of the other addons: Do a world event, try an acheivment guide, do some dailies! Just let us know what you did and how it worked.
- Declare what you are going to do by posting to here, if no source page already exists or on the appropriate source page.
The Pandaren source code page is here: http://wow-pro.com/wiki/floating_isle_padaren_neutral
Warnings: I have seen some errors (script timeout errors) that may be Mac specific. Some functions have disappeared and I only convered over the recorder and leveling module, but I will fix that later today. I'll post here when I update something,