I have been using a mixture of two strategies to make money recently; in the last couple of weeks I have financed two epic flying mounts and gained a nice amount of gold just to sit on. However I probably play too much =. Having made enough cash I feel I can now release these strategies to the general public .
These tips are best if you come on, do a loop, then log off and do something else for 10 minutes or more, then come back. This allows nodes and monsters to respawn.
Disclaimer: Prices are very server dependant!
- 375 Herbalism.
- A character level 68 or above (in order to gain access to Northrend).
- No specific mount required.
- Time = 5 minutes.
First head over to Borean Tundra. The place where we are going to be farming is a little lake in the middle of the map called . Here is a map of Borean with the lake circled.
Ok, now to the route. As you can see on the map below there are quite a few spawns of Tiger Lily here. If you use a route like one on the map below you can cover the whole of the area in mere minutes.
This usually nets me about 1/2 a stack of Tiger Lily, which on my server is worth around 12g50s; all that for just 5 minutes of work. However that is not the only money source. Occasionally you will get Crystallized Life drop with the herbs, gather it up; it’s worth about 10g minimum for one Eternal Life (which is 10 Crystallized Life). However, the drops keep on coming, you will also get some Deadnettle drops. This sells for about 25g a stack. Finally if you are lucky you will get some Frost Lotus dropping. These beautys are worth around 25g each!
So to sum up you will be gathering:
- Tiger Lily (25g a stack)
- Deadnettle (25g a stack)
- Eternal Life (10g each)
- Frost Lotus (25g each)Continue to do this until your bags are full, this will take a while, be patient. It is best to fill your bags, then go back back to the Auction House and put them on. Do not put all the ones that you have farmed on the Auction House at once. This will crash the market, put a maximum of about 3 on at a time.If you aggro one of the Loot Crazed Divers around the edge of the lake, dont worry, just kill it and collect the loot; you can get greens drop and Fur Clothing Scraps sell for 10s each, which is pretty nice for a grey drop.If you collect Nesingwary Lackey Ears which drop off the Loot Crazed Divers then you can also hand in Ears of Our Enemies for 9g86s, 20300 XP and 250 reputation with the Cenarion Expedition!
The repeatable version of the quest is called Can’t Get Ear-nough and the reward is 150 reputation with the Cenarion Expedition.
- Able to enter Wintergrasp.
- Time = 10-15 minutes.
- Part 2 requires Engineering (minimum 305 to use Zapthrottle Mote Extractor).
- Part 3 requires Mining (450 recommended, 400 minimum; but you will only be able to mine the normal Saronite Deposits).
[*]Additionally you can use a Herbalism route instead of Part 3.
There are 3 parts to this following guide, and some can be used in conjunction so you can make as much gold per hour as possible.
All characters can do this, but with varying success (it requires grinding level 80s with a fair bit of health). The location is the Cauldron of Flames in South-Eastern Wintergrasp.
Here you will be farming Crystallized Fire. I would advise that you only kill the Flame Revenants, although you can kill the smaller ones if you want or your faction does not control Wintergrasp. This tactic works best if your faction controls Wintergrasp, as Flame Revenants do not appear if your faction is not in control. Flame Revenants have a 100% drop chance for Crystallized Fire, usually dropping around 3. If your faction is in control and you can see these then I recommmend that you do not kill the smaller elementals because they do not drop Crystallized Fire as often as Revenants, and in this guide I am trying to maximise the amount you get in the time taken. However they will still drop the occasional Crystallized Fire so if you have the time every little helps .
After having killed the Flame Revenants that have spawned you will have a little bit of time before they spawn again, in which I suggest doing Part 2 or Part 3.
For this part you will require 305 Engineering.
While you are killing Flame Revenants (and elementals) look out for Cinder Clouds which spawn around the cauldron (as shown on the map below), these can be ‘mined’ using the Zapthrottle Mote Extractor, and yield 3 or 4 Crystallised Fire.
The Cinder Clouds look like this:
For this part you will require at least 400 mining (preferable 450).
Once you have completed the circuit you will be back in the Cauldron of Flames, and ready to begin again. If they have not spawned yet then you can log off and do other things and come back later.
Note: It is possible to do a similar thing with herbalism, however I do not have herbalism on the character that I do this with and as such have no routes established. But you can easily construct your own little circuit around the Cauldron of Flames using an addon such as Cartographer, Gathermate or Gatherer, click their respective name to visit the download site.
Thanks for reading, hopefully this will help.