What is Paladin AoE?
Ahhh, Paladin AoE. A topic that really, really gets me interested – it’s something I have a large passion for. It’s essentially – and very basically – the ability to round up multiple enemies, say six or seven on average, and kill them all at the same time.
Why Should I Bother? Isn’t Ret Faster?
Retribution DPS tends to be limited to single target enemies. It used maximum DPS on one enemy – then moves on to the next. If that’s what you’d rather do then yes, it is faster.
However, if you’d rather show ten enemies the rear end of a titanium spike, and kill these in about the same time it would take a Retribution Paladin to kill two or three, then carry on reading this guide.
The Pros and Cons of Paladin AoE
OK, so here we go.
– You can take on a lot of enemies. A lot.
– When farming you are gathering mats faster, when questing quests are completing quicker and so on.
– Oh my god! You can’t be killed! No really, try duelling a Protadin (unless you’re a caster!). Good luck even breaking through his shield.
– Solo group quests.
– Sucky single target DPS> Yes, really bad. But again, you aren’t killing single targets!
– Difficult with casters.
– PvP can be difficult, if that’s what you’re into.