This guide will hopefully solve any problems you are having with the addon.
For instructions on how to download/install our addon see the How to Install section on this page.
Be sure you always completely close WoW and restart it after modifying your addons and before going any further. If all else fails, try a full computer restart, it can actually clear up a lot of issues.
*Note, our site only provides support for live realms. If you are playing on a private server, our addon may not work for you.
BEFORE YOU READ FARTHER: Is your version of our addon up to date? Is your version of TomTom up to date? If you answered no, please go update them as a first troubleshooting measure!
Table of Contents
- I don’t have an arrow.
- My frame says No Guide Loaded.
- Addon isn’t showing up at all, or my guide list is empty.
- I’m missing only one guide.
- I lost my guide window!
- I need to skip just ONE step!
- I checked off a step and now I can’t go back.
- I checked off all of the steps and now I can’t select the guide on the guide list.
- I’ve enabled the wrong guide or I want to have no guide enabled.
Problem: I don’t have an arrow to guide me.
- Make sure you have TomTom installed and updated. If TomTom is broken, try Carbonite instead for the time being.
Problem: When I log in, My addon says “No guide loaded”. What should I do?
- Right click on the header of the addon, or the panda next to your mini map and choose “Guide List”. Select a guide. There you go!
Problem: I have no guides in the guide list. Or, the addon isn’t showing up at all.
- Make sure that you have separate WoWPro files in your addon folder. Here are common locations for the file. Be aware Blizzard changed the default location of addons in December 2018.
Windows XP location:
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Interface\Addons
Windows Vista/7 location:
C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Interface\Addons
Windows 8/10 location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Interface\Addons
Macintosh HD/Applications/World of Warcraft/_retail_/Interface/Addons
This picture is for a custom Windows 10, but should help you understand what we mean by seeing Multiple folders, not one:
Make sure you also close wow 100% before trying to see your changes.
If, after trying all of this, you are STILL unable to see the addon in your in-game checklist, AND if you use the curse auto-updater, please try the following:
- Open the Curse Client and go to Tools –> Options –> Games and Addons
- UNcheck “Yes, manage the addons for this game” for World of Warcraft, then click “Done”.
- Try installing our addon again by dragging the extracted (unzipped) folders (BOTH WoWPro and WoWPro_Leveling) to your addons folder.
- Start WoW back up. You should see our addon in-game.
- You can now safely go back into the Curse Client and allow it to manage your addons – just remember not to update our addon with it, as you won’t get all the guides!
Thanks to Screamindaemon for this workaround!
Problem: Wait! I’m only missing XXXXXX guide! What now?
- Make sure you have the most recent update from our site. Curse, WoWInterface, etc. are not updated as frequently.
- If an update doesn’t fix the problem, try emptying your Saved Variables, located in your WoW WTF Folder. Example for Windows XP: Program Files\World of Warcraft\_retail_\WTF\Account\YOURACCOUNTNAME\Saved Variables Once there, delete all files that begin with “WoWPro”.
- Open your addon folder for WoWPro Leveling. Select your faction folder. Make sure the guide is in the folder. If it is, check the .xml file and be sure it’s on the list.
- If the file that you are missing is Horde Vash’jir, try the following:Open the WoWPro_Leveling folder, then open the Horde folder. Open “80_82_Arixan_Vashjir.lua” with a text editor (like Notepad). Go all the way to the last line.The last thing you should see is…
If it is not there, then add it underneath the
Reset your profile. Right click on the panda or open your Interface menu, Addons tab. Under WoW-Pro Guides, click WoW-Pro Profiles, then Reset Profile.
Right click on the step. If you still have trouble, see the next solution.
- Right click on the guide window header, click on “Current Guide”, uncheck the steps that you want to go back to.
- If the first way doesn’t work. Reset the guide. Right click on the guide window header. The last option should be Reset Current Guide. Click that baby!
Shift click on the guide in the guide list.
You can select a different guide by right clicking in the guide pane heading and then choosing the guide you wanted.
You can disable the addon by right clicking in the guide pane heading and then choosing the wow-pro module you want disabled and clicking the disable checkbox.
If you only want the guide temporarily disabled for example while in dungeons or pet battles there is a option in the display settings for that (which is disabled by default).
If possible please copy any lua errors you are receiving or take a screenshot of your issue. Thanks!