This is my first guide that I had never meant to do. It started with a post to let the website know that you can now AOE grind with your druid and somwhow ended up with a guide lol.
Because this is a work-in-progess, I will note UPDATES in the AREAS section
TABLE OF CONTENTS
What is required?
A feral druid level 57 is recommended to effectively AOE grind mass numbers. You need to attain a level 60 weapon and enchant it with Lifeward. However, you can start as soon as you get bear form and swipe.
Note: Take Bear talents (not cat) for max aoe grinding.
5/5 Feral Aggression
3/3 Feral Instinct
3/3 Thick Hide
2/2 Feral Swiftness
1/1 Survival Instincts
3/3 Sharpened Claws
3/3 Predatory Strikes
2/2 Primal Fury
1/1 Feral Charge
3/3 Natural Reaction
5/5 Heart of the Wild
3/3 Survival of the Fittest
1/1 Leader of the Pack
2/2 Improved Leader of the Pack
3/3 Protector of the Pack
2/2 Improved Mark of the Wild
1/5 Furor(This is at 57) 5/5 Furor
3/3 Natural Shapeshifter
1/1 Omen of Clarity
2/2 Master Shapeshifter
Can’t wait to watch the movie: Druid AOE Grinding Movie1
3. GEAR / ENCHANTS / GLYPHS
Swipe damage is based on AP therefore chose gear with the following stats: AP > STA > STR > OTHER
Enchant Weapon Lifeward This is what heals you enough to make this possible! Lifewardh heals for 250-400 and procs ALOT!
Try to quest Thunder Capacitor ASAP. With all the swipe crits, this does amazing damage. There are other similar trinkets that I am working on.
Glyph of Maul
Glyph of Frenzied Regeneration
Glyph of Survival Instincts
/cast survival instincts
/cast frenzied regeneration
This macro is essentially for emergencies. It increases your HP so frenzied regeneration is better then uses barkskin to reduce damage. This should bring you to full health everytime…just remeber not to use abilities during frenzied regeneration if rage is low.
This is your main attack button. You need to key bind this, I reccomend “E”, and spam. When there are just a few mobs left, [ALT-V] to show health bars and target the mob with highest amount of HPs left.
1. Pull a group of mobs or round up singles on your mount then “pop”into bear form.
2. Keep mobs infront of you so you can dodge
3. Use Faerie Fire and Growl to pull far away mobs
4. Use demoralizing roar every 5 seconds while pulling mobs; especially yellow or non aggro mobs
5. Start backing up towards more mobs while keeping things infront of you spamming swipe macro
6. Once you get to 60%-80% or you think you shouldn’t pull anymore STOP moving
7. Every 15 seconds re-apply demoralizing roar
8. If below 10% or you think you will die use the emergency macro and while frenzied regeneration is healing you STOP ALL ATTACKING if rage drops low.
9. When you only have a few mobs left, [ALT-V] to show health bars, then target the mob with the highest health. This way you will maul it and the remaining mobs will drop about the same time. This is important so that you do not run out of rage and unable to use your abilites.
The Wooly Rhinos north of Warsong Hold in Borean Tundra. Use Demoralizing shout for pulling here.
More areas in the works as I level my druid. 🙂
With this spec gear and glyphs you will take very little damage, will have lots of HP, will dodge a lot, will gain a huge amount of rage fast, will REGAIN a lot of HP from critting/hitting mobs, and will get INSANE XP!!
The main reason this works is because Lifeward procs off swipe which means every swipe you can regain up to 2-3k HP.
OK Your patience will be rewarded!
WATCH THE MOVIE: Druid AOE Grinding Movie1