Welcome to my 100% Walkthrough for God of War Ragnarok. More than just a Platinum guide, this walkthrough will help you clear 100% of the game’s content in the most efficient way and leave no stone unturned. It is the Ultimate Guide for completionists out there who want to enjoy this masterpiece to the fullest!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
God of War Ragnarok 100% Walkthrough episodes – Part 1:
On this page you will find:
- A very compact text version of my guide that you can use as a roadmap
- A very detailed Video Format, with timecodes for every key step and chapters to skip the parts which you don’t feel like watching. So I recommend to give it a try and to subscribe to my YouTube channel if you want to get the latest info first.
This is a REAL 100% Walkthrough. I’m well over 1000+ hours of preparation for this guide to make sure not a single item was missed and to complete 100% of God of War Ragnarok as efficiently as possible!
- Complete all 47 Favors
- Obtain all 38 Artifacts
- Obtain all 80 Lore pieces
- Kill all 48 Odin’s Ravens
- Open all 53 Legendary Chests
- Open all 35 Nornir Chests
- Clear all 15 Yggdrasil Rifts
- Clear all 10 Berserker Gravestones
- Clear all 6 Draugr Holes
- Obtain all 6 Hel Tears
- Obtain all 9 Realms Bloom Flowers
- Defeat all 6 Lindwyrms
- All 4 Stags of All Seasons
- Complete all 15 Muspelheim Trials
- Obtain all 10 Treasure Maps and Buried Treasures
- Obtain all 14 Relics and Hilts
- Obtain all 5 Shields
- Obtain all 7 Jewels of Yggdrasil
- Open every single chest in the game, so you don’t miss even one piece of Hacksilver throughout your journey
And the best part is that will organize the completion of all these collectibles in the most possible optimized route so you don’t have to revisit the same places several times and waste hours of running around!
I will also provide many advice to become better at the game:
- Basic Combat Mechanics and Tips
- Advanced Combat Tips
- Best gear to pick up and upgrade early
- Best skills to unlock and master early
- Best midgame gear and skills to always stay above the enemies power curve
- Best endgame gear and skills to complete the hardest challenges in God of War Ragnarok without struggling
- Detailed strategies for each Bosses
If you enjoy this format, please check my other 100% walkthroughs:
- Elden Ring 100% Walkthrough
- Cyberpunk 2077 100% Walkthrough
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake 100% Walkthrough
- FF7 Intermission 100% Walkthrough
This is the ultimate guide to complete 100% of God of War Ragnarok
This is more than just a Platinum Trophy guide, we’ll get everything.
Basically, we’ll farm everything, every piece of Hacksilver and crafting material or consumable will be found and looted if you follow this guide. You’ll finish your first playthrough with plenty of materials to do anything you want in your New Game+ after.
I’ve planned this guide to do everything in the most efficient order, so that we never hit difficulty walls and complete the full game with as little deaths as possible. Every upgrade that can help will be obtained at the right moment, you’ll be warned in advance of every ambush and trap, there will be an optimal strategy for each of the Bosses and hard encounters you’ll face in God of War Ragnarok.
- If you’ve never played a God of War game before, I guarantee you will Platinum this game without any problems if you follow my guide.
- If you’re a casual gamer or 70+ year old with bad reflexes, I guarantee you will Platinum this game too.
- If you’re a veteran God of War player, I guarantee you won’t regret following this guide, it will save you a lot of time and you’ll probably learn a few tricks and hidden game mechanics.
We’ll start the game with a few basic combat mechanics, get some early upgrades and progressively add more tools to our arsenal and explore some advanced combat tactics as well as new game mechanics which only exist in God of War Ragnarok.
We’ll start with a very simple and forgiving build focusing on high STUN potential and Health Regen after using a finisher. This will carry us through the early and mid game until we move on towards our end game build, which I won’t spoil for now, but you can rest assured: we’ll be as powerful as a one can possibly be in God of War Ragnarok.
The Guide’s format
This is a double format Guide. There is a full video walkthrough AND a very compact text walkthrough.
The video walkthrough will contain more detailed combat tips, so I suggest you check them out.
Each video will have a list of timecodes with all the important moments in the episodes:
- Timecode for each Item obtained
- Timecode for each Combat tip and boss strategy
- Timecode for each Important info given
- Timecode for each Trophy obtained
All cut scenes and NPC dialogues will be included, but if you want to skip them it will be quite easy to do so: each video will be spilt into chapters, with clear labels so you can skip the parts you don’t want to watch or would rather watch on your own.
The text version of my God of War Ragnarok walkthrough should also be quite useful, it is very compact, and whenever the direction or explanation isn’t detailed enough, you can always check the video to get a clearer direction.
Q: Will I get all trophies, including the Platinum, if I follow your guide?
A: Yes of course. But much more than that. You’ll get everything you can possibly get in one playthrough. All items, gear, runic attacks, talismans, etc. Everything.
Q: What difficulty setting will you be playing on?
A: Give Me God of War. But this is entirely up to you. You can 100% the game on any difficulty setting. There’s no trophy tied to difficulty, all you get is a more challenging experience. You can lower the difficulty at any point during the game if you struggle. This walkthrough will be on Give Me God of War difficulty to show you the best way to beat every encounter.
Q: Do I have to follow your character build exactly ?
A: No. You can follow this guide and do your own build and you’ll be fine. However, this is a very optimized guide and I believe the builds I use are extremely fun and powerful. Some strategies in the later part of the game are specific to my build, so you’ll have to find your own strategies if you don’t have the same setup.
Q: Can I follow your guide if I’m on PC?
A: Yes. This guide will also work for PC once it becomes available after the Playstation Exclusive period is over.
Q: I love your guides! How can I support your work?
A: There are many ways to help me become a full time guide writer:
- ✅Subscribe to the channel
- 👍Like and comment every video
- 📢Share this walkthrough to your communities / forums / friends
- ❇️Leave a tip: https://www.tipeeestream.com/james-guides/donation
Best God of War Ragnarok Settings
Most of those are subjective, so do whatever works best for you. But these are the settings which worked the best for me and I’ll explain why some of them are a big help and a huge quality of life upgrade.
- HDR Brightness: 85
- UI Brightness: 70
- Graphics Mode: Favor Performance
- High Frame Rate Mode: On
- Puzzle Aim Assist: On
- Puzzle Timing: Extended +
- Lock-on Camera: Auto-Target
- Auto Pick Up: Full
Auto Pick-up is a huge quality of life change and it also increases your chance of survival in some close battles. Picking up health orbs automatically means you can keep your focus on the enemies and be ready to block or dodge without losing your focus by starting at the ground looking for an HP or Rage orb.
- Interact: X / Evade O (Swap Buttons)
Most games use O to dodge and X to interract, so it makes sense to swap these. It just feels more natural.
- Repeated Buton Presses: Hold
- Swipe Up: High Contrast Display
- Target Colour: Orange
- Interact Colour: Red
- Background Colour: White
- Miniboss Checkpoints: On (Doesn’t work if you play on No Mercy or God of War difficulty)
EPISODE 01: GOD OF WAR 100% WALKTHROUGH
EPISODE 01: CHECKLIST AND TIMECODES
EPISODE 01: COMPACT TEXT GUIDE FORMAT
- 91 Hacksilver
- 91 Hacksilver
- 68 Hacksilver
- 22 Hacksilver
- Forged Iron
- 121 Hacksilver
- 96 Hacksilver
- 26 Hacksilver
- 26 Hacksilver
- 26 Hacksilver
- 22 Hacksilver
- 95 Hacksilver
EPISODE 02: GOD OF WAR 100% WALKTHROUGH
EPISODE 02: CHECKLIST AND TIMECODES
EPISODE 02: COMPACT TEXT GUIDE FORMAT
- Forged Iron
- 105 Hacksilver
First start by keeping your distances and focus on Dodging to learn how to avoid all of Thor’s moves
Use the stone pillars in this arena to smash them on Thor and do high damage
Use Frost Awaken / Frost Breach after Dodging one of Thor’s attacks. Frost Breach will interrupt most of Thor’s moves even the red circle ones. Follow it up with an R2 > R2 > R2 combo.
EPISODE 03: GOD OF WAR 100% WALKTHROUGH
EPISODE 03: CHECKLIST AND TIMECODES
EPISODE 03: COMPACT TEXT GUIDE FORMAT
EPISODE 04: GOD OF WAR 100% WALKTHROUGH
EPISODE 04: CHECKLIST AND TIMECODES
EPISODE 04: COMPACT TEXT GUIDE FORMAT
EPISODE 05: GOD OF WAR 100% WALKTHROUGH
EPISODE 05: CHECKLIST AND TIMECODES
EPISODE 05: COMPACT TEXT GUIDE FORMAT
EPISODE 06: GOD OF WAR 100% WALKTHROUGH
EPISODE 06: CHECKLIST AND TIMECODES
EPISODE 06: COMPACT TEXT GUIDE FORMAT
EPISODE 07: GOD OF WAR 100% WALKTHROUGH
EPISODE 07: CHECKLIST AND TIMECODES
EPISODE 07: COMPACT TEXT GUIDE FORMAT
EPISODE 08: GOD OF WAR 100% WALKTHROUGH
EPISODE 08: CHECKLIST AND TIMECODES
EPISODE 08: COMPACT TEXT GUIDE FORMAT
EPISODE 09: GOD OF WAR 100% WALKTHROUGH
EPISODE 09: CHECKLIST AND TIMECODES
EPISODE 09: COMPACT TEXT GUIDE FORMAT
EPISODE 10: GOD OF WAR 100% WALKTHROUGH
EPISODE 10: CHECKLIST AND TIMECODES
EPISODE 10: COMPACT TEXT GUIDE FORMAT
If you want to support my guides, feel free to: