About the Guide : A short but, hopefully helpful, guide that will help you save gold. Whether it be at level 80, finishing up Northrend quests, or at level 10, deciding on a quest reward when you can’t use any of them. This will make saving easier, as long as you do it properly!
Table of Contents
I doubt this will be very needed, but I guess it should help once I expand it more in depth and such.
- The Purpose
- How to Succeed
1. The Purpose; Why You Should Read This
Simple List :
- You don’t waste quest rewards.
- You easily get 5~g per quest reward in early Northrend, ramping up as you go.
Using this guide, you will not choose unnecessary quest rewards only to find that they are not upgrades, and ending up losing money. For example, if Reward A sells for 2g at a vendor, but Reward B sells for 4, and neither are upgrades, you gain 2g by knowing that beforehand. Without knowing it beforehand, you may lose 2g because Reward A was for your spec but Reward B wasn’t.
2. Add-ons; Helpers of the Questers
- Rating Buster – An add-on of great significance when deciding on a quest reward. Simpler stats? Yes please! Simpler item comparison and deciding if an item is an upgrade is the biggest purpose. In the end, it alone can save you much money, since you will not waste quest rewards only to see your DPS, TPS, or HPS go down after you equip it. Much less disappointment, and much more gold; I’ll let you decide if it’s a fair trade!
- Vendor Bait This is an add-on that automatically highlights the most profiting item. Rather spectacular, imo. You no longer need, or want to use Sellfish since the gold of the items was put into the WoW API.
3. How To Succeed; From Rags to Riches.
Now, on to the main purpose of this guide, which is fairly simple. The key things to do to make additional gold from your quests are to..
- Make sure you’re getting upgrades. Using Rating Buster, you should compare the stats on the gear usable to you, to check for upgrades. If none are found, you continue onto step two..
- When using gear that is better than a quest reward, you will be able to choose the one that is outlined by Vendor Bait.
- To save yourself some time, you could look up some quest rewards corresponding to quests in the zone you’re in, or corresponding to Jame’s guide, while you’re unable to play. Preferably use Wowhead, and if you’d like, use their forums, which can be quite nice (As long as you don’t stay in randomness).
4. Conclusion; Why I’m glad I wasted time on this guide.
I’m glad I spent time on this guide because, if all goes well, this may help many people gain a lot of money. This way, they’ll be able to get things such as their epic fliers, Grand Mammoth Caravans, and everything else without as much wasted time :). I’m hoping for criticism, and for this guide to be actually accepted, and used, by the public. Ha!
Though, this guide is in no way or form complete. If it was that easy to complete a half-decent guide, the internet would be overflowed, no?