- Alliance Elwynn Forest, Dun Morogh, Loch Modan, Westfall
- Horde The Barrens, Durotar
- Alliance Duskwood, Redridge Mountains, Loch Modan
- Horde The Barrens
- Neutral Hillsbrad Foothills, Thousand Needles
- Alliance Duskwood
- Horde The Barrens
- Neutral Arathi Highlands, Hillsbrad Foothills, Thousand Needles
- Neutral Arathi Highlands, Badlands, Stranglethorn Vale, Alterac Mountains, Thousand Needles
- Neutral Badlands, Tanaris (Alien Caves), Desolace, Searing Gorge
- Neutral Badlands, Arathi Highlands, Burning Steppes, Stranglethorn Vale
- Neutral Burning Steppes, Un’Goro Crater (Ape Caves), Badlands, Tanaris (Alien Caves)
Small Thorium Veins
- Neutral Un’Goro Crater (Alien Caves), Burning Steppes, Blasted Lands, Felwood
Rich Thorium Veins
- Neutral Burning Steppes, Eastern Plaguelands, Un’Goro Crater (Western Part), Winterspring
Dark Iron Deposit
- Neutral Burning Steppes, Blackrock Depths, Molten Core
Update needed, moved toUpdate needed, moved to unpublished mode.
coordinatesIf you are looking for specific coordinates, or to see where the clusters are in a given zone, try http://mapwow.com/ and select the type of mineral you are looking for. Remember that the coordinates listed are places where the given ore was found in the past, but someone else may have already harvested it on your server recently.
be specific :)hey first of all nice guide. 🙂 it sure helped me alot as a miner.
i would suggest giving exact locations on which the deposits/veins are located? because i had a hard time looking for the good spots on a specific zone. maybe you can add what area in that particular zone to go to.:)
Brillant guide. Is veryBrillant guide. Is very handy to have a location, saved me alot of bother as this is my first mining caracter so didn’t have a clue where each was.
Nice guidegood to have a location for every ore to look for.
I also love to mine in cave, usually they have 3+ even in a very small cave, and the spawn fast! espically love the ones in Arathi Highland and Un’Goro ape caves. no need to go outside, just clean the cave when waiting for the vein. Thorium can found in bug cave in Silithus, but I hate bugs…. better wait for higher lvl to go there.
Good for a quickGood for a quick reference.
I recommend an addon called “Gatherer” to any miner also.
Westfall?Under the copper listing it shows Westfall under the Horde listing. While I’m sure ganking higher level Horde might find it fun, Westfall is a lowbie Alliance questing area. Just sayin’ 😉
thanksfirstly, ive found this guide incredibly usefull so thanks, secondly just to add my bit, even thou everyone knows this fel iron is in hellfire ^^ 😛 thanks for the guide! 😀
LOTS of copper and tinWhen i started as a Blacksmith / minner (@ lvl 42) i went and mined in Darkshore, my gatherer addon reports about 32-40 veins of copper/tin on the western edge running from north to south. I farmed about 20 stacks of copper in an hr. :jawdrop:
found more veinsthere is gold and iron in Duskwood. i was there and i found 2 veins of gold beside a camp above the Crossroads, and there is iron in the hills to the right of Raven Hill Cemetery.
Mithril and Truesilver in ArathiThere are 5 distinct Mithril spawns in Arathi around Stromgarde Keep and a bunch more in the Drywhisker kobold cave. There is also at least one Truesilver deposit located toward the back of the Drywhisker cave.
i would like to requesti would like to request Searing Gorge to be added under Dark iron Deposit
i often go to Searing gorge to get a deposit or two
Riltanezz – 60 Gnome Mage
Cresh – 60 Dwarf Hunter
Rowas – 50 Human Rogue soon 60
OthersI have seen at least 2 gold veins and one truesilver vein in thousand needles, just to let everyone know that they are possibly there as well.
Also, Thousand Needles is listed under “Horde” for Tin and Silver, but it is neutral, and can be mined by anyone.
Just a few notes.