In Sholazar Basin there are two factions, the Frenzyheart Tribe and The Oracles, between which you have to choose. This is kind of the Northrend equivalent to The Aldor vs. The Scryers.
In order to decide whether or not it is of advantage to you to farm reputation with The Oracles you should take a look at the Rewards section of this guide. A lot of people (including myself) find the Mysterious Egg to be crucial in their decision for The Oracles rather than the Frenzyheart Tribe. After seven days the egg will hatch and if you’re lucky you might find yourself being the proud owner of a Green Proto-Drake mount or of one out of four pets then. You can buy a new egg every seven days and it only costs you 3g.
Table of Contents
Initial quest chain
When you start the initial quest chain you will first do some quests for the Frenzyheart Tribe and after a twist in the story you will be doing some quests for The Oracles. These lead you to a final quest which gives you the possibility to choose your faction. Said quest can always be repeated so that you will be able to switch your faction. Thus the first part of this guide is also 100% applicable if you want to choose the Frenzyheart Tribe instead of The Oracles.
Take a flight to River’s Heart in Sholazar Basin.
Get  The Part-time Hunter from Tamara Wobblesprocket.
Go south to (50.5, 77.1) where you will find a group of three wolvar surrounding a cat named Pitch. Kill it.
Now Tracker Gekgek should have a quest for you, take it.
Head north to High-Shaman Rakjak at Frenzyheart Hill (55, 69).
Turn in  Playing Along, get  The Ape Hunter’s Slave. You’ll get a wolvar as a companion who will help you a bit with the next quests.
Also get  Tormenting the Softknuckles from Goregek the Gorilla Hunter.
Go south-east/east to Hardknuckle Clearing (66.7, 73.6). Kill Hardknuckle Foragers and Hardknuckle Chargers on your way until you complete  The Ape Hunter’s Slave.
Now use the Softknuckle Poker from your inventory to poke three Softknuckles so they are running around all at the same time.
This will make the matriarch come out of its hiding and attack you. Kill it.
Go back to Frenzyheart Hill.
-  The Ape Hunter’s Slave
-  Tormenting the Softknuckles
-  The Wasp Hunter’s Apprentice
-  The Sapphire Queen
Head south-east/east to Sapphire Hive (60.9, 78).
While you are here kill Sapphire Hive Wasps and Sapphire Hive Drones until you complete  The Wasp Hunter’s Apprentice.
Make your way inside the cave until you find the Sapphire Hive Queen. Kill it and loot its stinger.
Return to Frenzyheart Hill.
-  The Wasp Hunter’s Apprentice
-  The Sapphire Queen
Get  Flown the Coop!.
Around Frenzyheart Hill you can find chickens which you need to catch with the Chicken Net from your inventory and then right-click them. When you type /chicken they will come running to you. NOTE: You can do this quest while being mounted!.
When you have caught 12 chickens that way go back and turn in  Flown the Coop!.
-  The Underground Menace
-  Mischief in the Making
Go south to the river below The Skyreach Pillar (58.2, 83.7). Check if you can find Serfex the Reaver there and kill him.
He’s got multiple spawn locations, so if you didn’t find him just follow the river west while looting Skyreach Crystal Formations and you should eventually find him.
Go back and turn in:
-  The Underground Menace
-  Mischief in the Making, get  A Rough Ride.
Go down the slope and you should find a Captive Crocosilisk (57.3, 68.4). Talk to it and it will carry you to Mistwhisper Refuge.
Summon Zepik the Gorloc Hunter by using Zepik’s Hunting Horn from your inventory.
Turn in the quest at him and get the  Lightning Definitely Strikes Twice. Also get his quest  The Mist Isn’t Listening.
Start killing Mistwhisper Gorlocs while going to the shrine at (45.3, 37.1). Use the Skyreach Crystal Clusters there.
Now kill the remaining Gorlocs you need for  The Mist Isn’t Listening.
Turn in both quests at Zepik the Gorloc Hunter, get  Hoofing It.
Return to High-Shaman Rakjak at Frenzyheart Hill (55, 69).
Turn in  Hoofing It, get  Just Following Orders.
Head north looking for an Injured Rainspeaker Oracle (55.7, 64.9), there are about six of it.
Talk to it. You’ll be attacked by a Crocosilisk, which you have to kill. Turn in the quest. A wolvar will appear and tell you that you’re being regarded as a traitor by the Frenzyheart Tribe from now on for helping the Gorloc. This is the twist in the story I mentioned at the beginning.
Get  Fortunate Misunderstandings and follow the Gorloc to Rainspeaker Canopy (54, 56.6).
Turn in the quest, get:
-  Make the Bad Snake Go Away
-  Gods like Shiny Things
Do circles around Rainspeaker Canopy killing Emperor Cobras and looking for sparkling stars. Stand on them and wait for your Gorloc companion to dig. When he’s finished there will appear either a Shiny Treasure (crystal, pile of gold, golden platter etc.) which you have to loot or, if you’re unlucky, it will be some bugs or a hare. If it’s a hare kill it for a 1 minute 50% speed increase buff.
When you come across the small waterfall at (57.6, 52.4) you should find Venomtip there. Kill it. If it’s not there just wait a little for the respawn.
Repeat this until you have looted 6 Shiny Treasures.
Go back and turn in the quests, get  Making Peace.
Go to River’s Heart and look for Shaman Vekjik at (51.3, 64.6). Talk to him and take a bath.
This is also a good time to turn in  The Part-time Hunter at Tamara Wobblesprocket if you haven’t already done that.
Go back to Rainspeaker Canopy and turn in the quest, get  Back So Soon?.
Travel to Mistwhisper Refuge at (42, 38.5) and turn in the quest, get:
-  The Lost Mistwhisper Treasure
-  Forced Hand
Go north to Spearborn Encampment (42.1, 25.9) and start killing Frenzyheart Spearbearers and Frenzyheart Scavengers while moving up the small hill to (41.6, 19.6) where you will find a golden orb.
Be sure to have your Gorloc companion out and right-click it to summon Warlord Tartek. Kill him and loot the treasure.
Head back to Mistcaller Soo-gan (42.1, 25.9) and turn in both quests, get  Home Time!.
Return to Rainspeaker Canopy and turn in this quest, get  The Angry Gorloc.
Go east to Mosswalker Village (75, 51) and turn in the quest at Moodle. If you lost him just right-click Moodle’s Stress Ball from your inventory to summon him, get:
-  The Mosswalker Savior
-  Lifeblood of the Mosswalker Shrine
Look for Mosswalker Victims and talk to them to check their pulse. If they drop a bag, loot it.
After you rescued six of them just keep following the road below Mosswalker Shrine to the south-west and collect the remaining Lifeblood Shards.
When done with that turn in both quests and get  A Hero’s Burden.
This is the final quest in this long quest chain that will enable you to choose whether you want to be helping the Frenzyheart Tribe or The Oracles. This quest is the repeatable one I mentioned earlier!
Head to the cave (69.9, 58) east of Lifeblood Pillar and enter it. Fight your way to the end where you should find Artruis the Heartless. Depending on your gear, you’ll probably need at least one or two helpers to kill him. In the middle of the fight he will stop attacking you and free Jaloot and Zepik the Gorloc Hunter. Now kill the member of the faction which you do NOT want to choose, say if you want to choose The Oracles, kill Zepik the Gorloc Hunter. Finish the fight and complete the quest to become honored with the faction of your choice.
You can start doing your dailies right away. So return to Frenzyheart Hill or Rainspeaker Canopy.
NOTE: If you, at any time, change your mind and decide to switch your faction, just come here and kill Artruis the Heartless again. You will be able to re-choose your faction then.
Back to the top[/b]
When you have finished the initial quest chain you will be able to complete three daily quests to further increase your reputation with the Oracles. There are three quest-givers located in Rainspeaker Canopy (53.8, 56.5):
High-Oracle Soo-say (54.6, 56.3) is in front of the small stone pillar.
He offers the same quest every day which awards you [b]500 reputation.
- [77y] Appeasing the Great Rain Stone
After taking this quest talk to High-Oracle Soo-say and choose one of the three Gorlocs to help you (you can always change this later). It doesn’t really matter which one you choose, although Jaloot will give you Jaloot’s Intensity, a 10% speed and 100% swimming speed increase buff. You’ll get an item with which you can summon and dismiss your Gorloc.
- Do circles around Rainspeaker Canopy looking for sparkling stars. Stand on them and wait for your Gorloc companion to dig. When he’s finished there will appear either a Shiny Treasure (crystal, pile of gold, golden platter etc.) which you have to loot or, if you’re unlucky, it will be some bugs or a hare. If it’s a hare kill it for a 1 minute 50% speed increase buff.
- Repeat this until you have looted 6 Shiny Treasures.
Oracle Soo-nee (53.3, 56.4) is in a small hut with stairs.
He offers 1 out of 4 quests randomly chosen every day. Each of them awards you 500 reputation.
- [80y] A Cleansing Song
- Spirit of Atha at Bittertide Lake (43.5, 42.2)
- Spirit of Ha-Khalan at River’s Heart (49.8, 63.7)
- Spirit of Koosu at Wintergrasp River (45.8, 73.9)
Your objective is to use the Chime of Cleansing to summon three spirits at certain places and kill them:
Your objective is to use the Horn of Fecundity at The Stormwright’s Shelf (25.6, 36.3) near 8 piles of Soaked Fertile Dirt.
Your objective is to use the Didgeridoo of Contemplation at the four pillars in Sholazar Basin:
- The Skyreach Pillar (53.7, 79.2)
- The Glimmering Pillar (49.8, 37.4)
- The Suntouched Pillar (33.3, 52.5)
- The Mosslight Pillar (36.6, 75)
Sometimes you have to fight some cultists there.
Go to The Stormwright’s Shelf (25.6, 36.3) and use the Drums of the Tempest there to become Haiphoon, The Great Tempest. You now have 3 abilities which are pretty self-explanatory. Use Ability #1 to deal damage, Ability #2 whenever your enemy comes into melee range and Ability #3 once your enemy is below 30% health.
- Fight a Storm Revenant until he’s below 30% health and then use your devour ability on him.
- After that fight an Aqueous Spirit (which is what the quest actually means by Monsoon Revenant) until he’s below 30% health again and devour him.
- Repeat this four times to complete the quest.
Oracle Soo-dow (54.2, 53.7) is inside the big tree.
He offers 1 out of 3 quests randomly chosen every day. Each of them awards you 700 reputation.
NOTE: These quests are not turned in at the quest-giver but at Lightningcaller Soo-met (33.5, 74.9) at Sparktouched Haven.
- [78y] Mastery of the Crystals
- Go to Sparktouched Haven (33, 75) and loot three crystals from a chest next to the shrine (the small stone pillar) at (33, 75,7).
- Go to Kartak’s Hold (26.7, 79.9).
- Use the crystals to kill 50 Frenzyheart Attackers.
Crystal of Unstable Energy (green one): single-target damage, one-hits those wolvar
Crystal of the Frozen Grip (blue one): very much like the Hunter’s Frost Trap effect
Crystal of the Violent Storm (white one): AoE damage like the Druid’s Hurricane spell
- Go to Lifeblood Pillar (65, 59.2) and use the Dormant Polished Crystal from your inventory to energize it.
- Go to Kartak’s Hold (26.7, 79.9) and use the Energized Polished Crystal from your inventory to gain a buff which reduces your damage taken by 50% and which heals you for ~2000 each time you deal damage. NOTE: This only works on damage from and to Frenzyheart Attackers at Kartak’s Hold.
- Kill 30 Frenzyheart Attackers.
- Go to Kartak’s Hold (26.7, 79.9) and kill Frenzyheart Attackers until one drops a Tainted Crystal.
- Go to Sparktouched Haven (33, 75). Stand in front of the small stone pillar (the shrine) and use the Tainted Crystal to become Soo-holu. You now have 5 abilities:
- Ability #1 is like the Warrior’s Cleave except for that it’s not an activated ability, but only works on the next auto-attack. So make sure to restart auto-attacking after your target died. Spam this ability.
- Ability #2 inflicts good damage and temporarily increases your attack speed. Use it whenever it’s up.
- Ability #3 increases your attack speed by 40% and your attacks strike an additional opponent. Use it whenever it’s up.
- Ability #4 teleports you behind your target and frees you of all stun effects. Useful for dealing with those ranged wolvar.
- Ability #5 let’s you become immune to stun effects and your attacks heal you for 20 seconds. Use it when you’ve lost too much health.
Once you’ve completed each of the 8 daily quests you’ll get the Achievement Savior of the Oracles.
And once you’ve reached Exalted status with The Oracles, you’ll get the achievement The Oracles.
Back to the top[/b]
You can find Geen (54.6, 56.1), the Oracles Quartermaster, directly next to High-Oracle Soo-say (next to the small stone pillar) at Rainspeaker Canopy in Sholazar Basin.
- [Mysterious Egg] contains one of:
- [Aged Yolk]
- [Proto-Drake Whelp]
- [Cobra Hatchling]
- [Tickbird Hatchling]
- [White Tickbird Hatchling]
- [Reigns of the Green Proto-Drake]
Back to the top[b][/b]