It’s that time of the year again! It’s time for you to pull out your favorite Dragonriding mounts and return to the old continents of Azeroth for a race. The Eastern Kingdoms Cups is a limited-time event that focuses on Dragonride racing. There are 14 different locations where you can race beyond the Dragon Isles.
If you’re interested in participating in this event, we’ll tell you all there is to know about it and how you can rediscover the skies of the Eastern Kingdoms. The best part is that besides having WoW mounts, you don’t need to pay a fee to join in on the fun!
Locations of the Eastern Kingdoms Cup Race
The bonus event has fourteen races spread across the Eastern Kingdoms, so you’ll have more than a handful of options. The only catch is that you’re only allowed to ride your drake. You can’t join the event if you ride anything other than that.
Here are the locations of all the races for the Eastern Kingdoms Cup in World of Warcraft Dragonflight:
- Searing Slalom (Searing Gorge): 72.90, 42.29
- Blasted Lands Bolt (Blasted Lands): 62.23, 26, 79
- Twilight Terror (Twilight Highlands): 35.06, 78.01
- Elwynn Forest Flash (Elwynn Forest): 64.18, 48.73
- Ironforge Interceptor (Dun Morogh): 74.04, 34.04
- Gilneas Gambit (Gilneas): 58.21, 11.80
- Booty Bay Blast (Booty Bay): 37.21, 82.44
- Krazzwork Klash (Twilight Highlands): 72.43, 27.50
- Plaguelands Plunge (Eastern Plaguelands): 34.39, 38.16
- Deadwind Derby (Deadwind Pass): 46.33, 72.38
- Redridge Rally (Redridge Mountains): 40.49, 24.78
- Loch Modan Loop (Loch Modan): 46.80, 13.61
- Fuselight Night Flight (The Badlands): 66.66, 36.65
- Gurubashi Gala (Stranglethorn Vale): 63.04, 17.53
The courses are available in Normal, Reverse, and Advanced variations. To pick up the initial quest for the Eastern Kingdoms Cup, visit Valdrakken and interact with Lord Anestrasz. Horde players can talk to him in Orgrimmar, near the northern zeppelin tower. Meanwhile, Alliance players can speak to him in Stormwind, on the top of the northwestern tunnel leading out of the Trade District.
Mounts Used for the Eastern Kingdoms Cup
As we’ve said previously, only drakes are allowed in the race. Specifically, you won’t ride your Dragon Isles Drake to race the courses. You’ll instead receive a Riders of Azeroth drake, each variant depending on the race you’ll do. There are five variations:
- Rides of Azeroth Wylderdrake
- Riders of Azeroth Proto-Drake
- Riders of Azeroth Velocidrake
- Riders of Azeroth Drake
- Riders of Azeroth Slitherdrake
You can earn Riders of Azeroth Badges by completing Dragonriding races. These are the main currency of the event, and you can turn them in for rewards. You can get up to three badges, depending on how you fare in the race. Placing Bronze (3rd) gives 1 badge, Silver (2nd) gives 2 badges, and Gold (1st) gives 3 badges.
Since there are three modes—Normal, Advanced, and Reverse—you can earn 9 badges if you get Gold on them all. With 14 courses for the event, you can collect up to 126 badges. To exchange the badges for goodies, go to Dathendrash in Stormwind and Orgrimmar or Maztha in Valdrakken. Note that it’s not possible to turn your badges into WoW gold.
What Are the Eastern Kingdoms Cup Rewards?
Besides earning achievements for completing the races, you can turn in your Riders of Azeroth badges for some rewards, including pieces to build the Drake Racer Dragonriding transmog set and a new skin color customization option for the Winding Slitherdrake. With these choices, you can dash through the Eastern skies with style.
Get the rewards by talking to Maztha. She sells a whole slew of customization options, like cosmetic sets and insignias. Here are the rewards you can get after accumulating a certain amount of badges:
- Drake Racer’s Jersey – 20 Riders of Azeroth Badges
- Drake Racer’s Belt – 20 Riders of Azeroth Badges
- Drake Racer’s Shoulderpads – 20 Riders of Azeroth Badges
- Drake Racer’s Boots – 20 Riders of Azeroth Badges
- Drake Racer’s Leggings – 20 Riders of Azeroth Badges
- Drake Racer’s Handwraps – 20 Riders of Azeroth Badges
- Drake Racer’s Helmet – 20 Riders of Azeroth Badges
- Winding Slitherdrake: Large Finned Crest – 25 Riders of Azeroth Badges
- Winding Slitherdrake: Blonde Hair – 25 Riders of Azeroth Badges
- Winding Slitherdrake: Horned Brow – 25 Riders of Azeroth Badges
- Winding Slitherdrake: Shark Finned Tail – 25 Riders of Azeroth Badges
- Winding Slitherdrake: Curved Nose Horn – 25 Riders of Azeroth Badges
- Winding Slitherdrake: Paired Horns – 25 Riders of Azeroth Badges
- Winding Slitherdrake: Yellow Scales – 50 Riders of Azeroth Badges
- Windborne Velocidrake: Teal Scales – 50 Riders of Azeroth Badges
Customization options that were previously dropped from Racing World Quests are also now purchasable again:
- Windborne Velocidrake: Hooked Snout
- Cliffside Wylderdrake: Curled Head Horns
- Renewed Proto-Drake: Pronged Tail
- Highland Drake: Curled Back Horns
If you’ve already purchased everything on this list, might we suggest Valdrakken Accord Insignia? It only costs 10 badges and increases your reputation with a faction.
WoW Eastern Kingdoms Cup Event Duration
The Eastern Kingdom Cup hit the servers on October 4, 2023, and will end on October 28, 2023.