Last Update: Feb 20, 2019
Next Update: Mar 27, 2019.
This is the 5th WoW 8.1.0 Release
This update includes:
- Support for 8.1.0
- Updated BFA Guides
- Some bug fixes.
Blizzard made major changes to the mapping system in BFA and while the addon
tries hard to translate the old names to the new ones, there are some known issues
in the following guides:
- Highmountain Tauren Allied Races guide
- Coldrigde cave
- Caves in general (Kajamine!)
We have a few changes in the 8.1.0C release (compared to 8.1.0B):
- New get-into-vehicle indicator
- Fixed check for skipping pre-requisites
- Fixed icon position when both TARGET and USE icons were active
- Fixed quest item cooldown indicator
- Updated Achievements/Garrison Garrison Followers guide to use hidden quest ids for Dagg.
- Updated human starting zone.
- Alliance war campaign ready for 8.1.5
- Leveling/Alliance Tiragarde update
- Leveling/Alliance Borean Tundra update
- Leveling/Alliance Dragonblight update
- Leveling/Horde Eversong & Sunstrider updates
- Leveling/Horde Goblin starter update
- Leveling/Horde BurnTedrazil now starts at [Hour of Reckoning]
- Leveling/Horde War Campaign updated
- Leveling/Horde Zuldazar updated
- Leveling/Neutral Legion Hunter updated
We have a few fixes in the 8.1.0B release (compared to 8.1.0A):
- Taking Taxi steps will not complete if you could not take the taxi.
- GetPlayerZonePosition() now returns at least the map, even if no player coordinates are available.
- Guide updates for BFA leveling guides!
We have a few fixes in the 8.1.0A release (compared to 8.1.0):
- Fix for crash in AutoCompleteQuestUpdate
- Fix in Alliance WarCampaign guide with duplicate tags
We have a few fixes in the 8.1.0 release (compared to 8.1.0-beta):
- Fix for crash in C_TaxiMap.GetAllTaxiNodes()
- Fix for crash in WoWPro:GetPlayerZonePosition() in battlegrounds or dungeons
We have a few fixes in the 8.1.0-beta release (compared to 8.0.1P):
- Updated mapping system for 8.1 now captures instanced zones for the Warfront.
- The WoW-Pro log is now limited to 2500 lines instead of 9999 to avoid client crashes.
- Dalies guides now reset properly when daily quests reset.
- Quest objectives for Pet Battles now show correctly instead of a “?”.
- Multiple quest prerequisites are now properly handled for both OR and AND cases.
- The Level (LVL) for negative levels are now <= instead of <.
- Achievement tags now properly record into the current guide tooltip.
- /wp where now uses WoWPro:GetPlayerZonePosition() instead of HBD for better tracking in strange places. Negative coordinates are now a thing!
- Prototype “Left Handed” mode in guide display puts buttons on the right so the guide window can be put on the left of the screen.
- Repair steps are now auto-completed if you talk to a merchant that can repair.
- Quests are no longer declined automatically if they don’t match what’s in the guide.
- Quest window anchoring has been improved so the window does not wander as much. Still needs some improvement.
- An ‘L’ step is no longer added automatically to the end of all guides.
- An error in using a misspelled legacy zone name with no floor is now logged instead of causing a crash.
We have 3 known bugs this release:
- Guide window slowly moves around across logins/screen reloads. (improved, but not done)
- Disabling and then Enabling addon using in-game menu loses settings.
- Guide selector module currently not functioning.
While the current guides are pretty good, we will be working constantly to improve and update these guides. Remember that if you notice a bug, you can help us by reporting it!