Current Version: 2.1.12
Last Update: May 11, 2011
Next Update: May 18, 2011
We’ve got another update! And it is not a small one.
The highlights for this update include:
- Updates to many guides, as we incorporate the suggestions and bug fixes from YOU, our community! There are 122 guides, of which most had updates.
- Yet another round of bug fixes.
- A Beta version of the Dailies is now bundled in and expanded!
- A promise to update the guides every other week.
- Three cheers for Crackerhead22, who has been relentless.
The updated guides include:
- Neutral 40_45_Crackerhead22_Eastern_Plaguelands by Crackerhead22 ready to be tested,
- Neutral 48_50_Crackerhead22_Searing_Gorge by Crackerhead22 ready to be tested,
- Neutral 50_55_Jiyambi_UnGoro by Crackerhead22 ready to be tested,
- Neutral 50_55_Jiyambi_Winterspring by Crackerhead22 ready to be tested,
- Neutral 55_60_Jiyambi_Silithus.lua by Crackerhead22 ready to be tested,
- Alliance 54_58_Crackerhead22_Blasted_Lands Tweak Crackerhead22
- Alliance 70_72_Jame_Borean_Tundra Tweak Crackerhead22
- Alliance 78_79_Scoot_Sholazar_Basin Major Update Crackerhead22
- Alliance 82_83_Arixan_Deepholm Update Crackerhead22
- Alliance 83_84_Arixan_Uldum Update Crackerhead22
- Alliance 84_85_Arixan_Twilight_Highlands Major Update Crackerhead22
- Horde 71_73_Jame_Borean_Tundra Tweak TwoToad
- Horde 83_84_Arixan_Uldum.lua Tweak Chrisser000
- Horde 50_52_Liavan_Burning_Steppes Tweak Chrisser000
- Horde 84_85_Liavan_Twilight_Highlands Update Chrisser000
- Alliance Cracker_Baradin new Daily Crackerhead22
- Alliance Ludovicus Icecrown new Daily (LM)
- Horde Cracker_HellScream new Daily Crackerhead22
- Neutral Cracker_Frenzy new Daily Crackerhead22
- Neutral Cracker_Oracles.lua new Daily Crackerhead22
- LM updated 72 Guides to correct syntax and logic errors
- Crackerhead22 updated 3 Guides to correct syntax and logic errors, but mixed in logic correcting with some of the above updates
We also have a few general bug fixes in this update:
- Fixed a bug in error reporting for the Dailies,
- Checking for a modern version of TomTom,
- Added Quest autocomplete sensing,
- Added missing Texture files.
We got down to zero syntax errors for a bit. But some of the new files have new errors, just 34 of them. We also have a new mapping system change in the works that lets the TomTom arrow work correctly in the Worgen, Goblin and DK starting zones. Many thanks to Duchess that has helping me debug it. It will probably require a change to TomTom, in which I found a bug handling multiple waypoints. This problem may be seen occasionally in this release.
Also, Version 2.2.0 is going in the oven soon. It will change the guide syntax slightly and include a new parser to facilitate the elimination of duplicate code in the addons. However, it will not go live until we have a clean set of guides and are all caught up with comment changes. Stay tuned for more news on this later.
While the current guides are pretty good, we will be working constantly to improve and update these guides. Remember that if you notice a bug, you can help us by reporting it!