Current Version: 2.1.13
Last Update: May 18, 2011
Next Update: June 01, 2011
We’ve got another update! And it is a major one.
The highlights for this update include:
- Updates to many guides, as we incorporate the suggestions and bug fixes from YOU, our community! There are 110 guides, of which 16 had updates.
- Five guides were converted from Faction to Neutral guides for a more consistent experience. We did Azeroth this time, Outland and Northrend are next.
- Yet another round of bug fixes.
- A version of the Dailies is now bundled in and expanded! No more Beta label.
- A promise to update the guides every other week.
- Three cheers for Crackerhead22, who has been relentless.
The updated guides include:
- Alliance 01_13_Rpotor_Worgen_Starter: Major Update and Syntax (LM)
- Alliance 45_50_Wkjezz_Felwood: Successor Fix (LM)
- Alliance 45_50_Wkjezz_Tanaris: Successor Fix (LM)
- Alliance 78_79_Scoot_Sholazar_Basin: Syntax Fix (Crackerhead22)
- Alliance 70_70_Crackerhead22_Shadowmoon: Added missing Scryer quest (Crackerhead22)
- Alliance 82_83_Arixan_Deepholm: Syntax Fixes (Crackerhead22,LM)
- Alliance 84_85_Arixan_Twilight_Highlands: Syntax Fixes (Crackerhead22)
- Horde 35_40_Jiyambi_Western_Plaguelands: Successor Fix (LM)
- Horde 45_48_Liavan_Badlands: Successor Fix (LM)
- Horde 70_70_Crackerhead22_Shadowmoon: New Guide!!!!! (Crackerhead22)
- Horde 80_82_Arixan_Mt_Hyjal: Speling Fix (Chrisser000)
- Neutral 40_45_Crackerhead22_Eastern_Plaguelands: Successor,Neutral Fix (Crackerhead22,LM)
- Neutral 48_50_Crackerhead22_Searing_Gorge: Successor,Neutral Fix (Crackerhead22,LM)
- Neutral 50_55_Jiyambi_UnGoro: Successor,Neutral Fix (Crackerhead22,LM)
- Neutral 50_55_Jiyambi_Winterspring: Successor,Neutral Fix (Crackerhead22,LM)
- Neutral 55_60_Jiyambi_Silithus.lua: Successor,Neutral Fix (Crackerhead22,LM)
We also have a few general bug fixes in this update:
- Added a loading dependency on TomTom, to avoid using it before it had loaded,
- Corrected Alliance/Neutral/Horde guide counters on error checking code,
- Added a new Zones file, to prepare for mapping in Dungeons,
We have zero syntax errors. We also have a new mapping system change in the works that lets the TomTom arrow work correctly in the Worgen, Goblin and DK starting zones. Many thanks to Duchess that has helping me debug it. It will probably require a change to TomTom, in which I found a bug handling multiple waypoints.
If you see any problems with the arrow disappearing or multiple waypoints in the regular or alpha builds, please let us know. We need a reproducible case to send to TomTom’s Author.
Also, Version 2.2.0 is going in the oven soon. It will change the guide syntax slightly and include a new parser to facilitate the elimination of duplicate code in the addons. However, it will not go live until we have caught up with comment changes. Stay tuned for more news on this later.
While the current guides are pretty good, we will be working constantly to improve and update these guides. Remember that if you notice a bug, you can help us by reporting it!