Current Version: 2.1.14a
Last Update: June 01, 2011
Next Update: June 15, 2011
We’ve got another update! And it is a major one. First off, get TomTom 1.4.0 . It has my fix for a multiple waypoints problem and is necessary for this release.
You must reset your current guide if we had edited it. Heck, you should reset the current guide when you upgrade, period.
The highlights for this update include:
- Updates to many guides, as we incorporate the suggestions and bug fixes from YOU, our community! There are 109 guides, of which 32 had updates.
- The new mapping system has been implemented.
- Yet another round of bug fixes.
- A promise to update the guides every other week.
The updated guides include:
- Alliance 01_11_Kurich_Elwynn_Forest, Serious Edit by Crackerhead22
- Alliance 01_13_Rpotor_Worgen_Starter, Tweaks by LM
- Alliance 11_15_Bitsem_Westfall, Edits by Crackerhead22
- Alliance 12_20_Wkjezz_Loch_Modan, Edits by Fluclo
- Alliance 13_20_James_Darkshore, Edits by Crackerhead22
- Alliance 15_20_Kurich_Redridge_Mountains, Edits by Crackerhead22
- Alliance 20_25_Twists_Duskwood, Serious Edit by Crackerhead22
- Alliance 20_25_Wkjezz_Ashenvale, Serious Edit by Crackerhead22
- Alliance 25_30_Wkjezz_Stonetalon_Mountains, Serious Edit by Crackerhead22
- Alliance 30_35_Wkjezz_Desolace, Serious Edit by Crackerhead22
- Alliance 30_35_Wkjezz_Southern_Barrens, Tweaks by Fluclo
- Alliance 35_40_Wkjezz_Dustwallow_Marsh, Tweak by Fluclo
- Alliance 35_40_Wkjezz_Feralas, Serious Edit by Crackerhead22
- Alliance 40_45_Wkjezz_Thousand_Needles, Edits by Crackerhead22
- Alliance 45_50_Wkjezz_Felwood, Edits by Crackerhead22
- Alliance 45_50_Wkjezz_Tanaris, Edits by Crackerhead22
- Alliance 52_54_Crackerhead22_Swamp_of_Sorrows, Tweak by LM
- Alliance 60_62_Jame_Hellfire , Tweaks by Crackerhead22 and LM
- Alliance 64_66_Jame_Terokkar, Tweak by Crackerhead22
- Alliance 80_82_Arixan_Vashjir, Edit by LM
- Horde 01_05_Bitsem_Echo_Isles, Tweak by LM
- Horde 01_05_Jiyambi_Valley_of_Trials, Tweaks by LM
- Horde 01_12_Gylin_Mulgore, Edit by LM
- Horde 01_12_Jiyambi_Tirisfal_Glades, Edit by LM
- Horde 01_12_Snowflake_Eversong_Woods, Serious Edit by LM
- Horde 05_12_Bitsem_Durotar, Tweaks by LM
- Horde 12_21_Snowflake_Ghostlands, Tweaks by LM
- Horde 55_60_Jiyambi_Blasted_Lands, Tweaks by Crackerhead22
- Neutral 40_45_Crackerhead22_Eastern_Plaguelands, Tweaks by Crackerhead22
- Neutral 50_55_Jiyambi_UnGoro, Edit by Crackerhead22
- Neutral 50_55_Jiyambi_Winterspring, Edit by Crackerhead22
- Neutral 55_60_Jiyambi_Silithus, Edit by Crackerhead22
- Neutral 80_82_Arixan_Hyjal, Edit by Crackerhead22
- Neutral 82_83_Arixan_Deepholm, Edit by Crackerhead22
- Neutral 83_84_Arixan_Uldum, Edit by Crackerhead22
- Dalies Neutral Twists_Ramkahen, Created by Twists
We also have a few general bug fixes in this update:
- Stop doing things between PLAYER_LEAVING_WORLD and PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD. We were asking TomTom to set waypoints at a time when the mapping system was not active.
- Complete L steps if you exceed the level rather than skipping them.
- Label each waypoint in a sequence with a unique title.
- Correct crash when complaining about a bad zone tag.
- Switch to our own locale independent zone to map-id system, so we work in all languages and in instances (and the phased starting zones!).
The new mapping system has exposed a flaw in many our guides. The new code contains error checks which the old code lacked. So where the old code just silently substituted another zone for an incorrect one, this code can complain. We had around 3 dozen cases to fix. When these get done, we will make another cut, probably on June 8th.
I also recently downloaded the Mexican Spanish version of the client and tried using our guides and found the experience less than pleasing. I have some changes in the works for semi-automatic localization for NPC names and quests. I can’t change the notes, but getting those right will make things more pleasant.
Also, Version 2.2.0 is going in the oven soon. It will change the guide syntax slightly and include a new parser to facilitate the elimination of duplicate code in the addons. However, it will not go live until we have caught up with comment changes and have eliminated all the errors we can from the current guides. Stay tuned for more news on this later.
While the current guides are pretty good, we will be working constantly to improve and update these guides. Remember that if you notice a bug, you can help us by reporting it!