Current Version: 2.1.8
Last Update: Apr 20, 2011
Next Update: Mar 04, 2011
We’ve got another update!
The highlights for this update include:
- Updates to some guides, as we incorporate the suggestions and bug fixes from YOU, our community! There are 118 guides, of which 8 had updates.
- Yet another round of bug fixes.
- A Beta version of the Dailies is now bundled in.
- A promise to update the guides every other week.
The updated guides include:
- Alliance Swamp_of_Sorrows Tweaks (Crackerhead22)
- Alliance Nagrand Update (Crackerhead22)
- Alliance Dragonblight Major Update (Crackerhead22)
- Alliance Grizzly_Hills Major Update (Crackerhead22)
- Alliance Icecrown Tweaks (LM)
- Alliance Hyjal Tweaks (LM)
- Alliance Deepholm Tweaks (LM)
- Alliance Uldum Tweaks (LM)
I guess everyone is playing Alliance these past two weeks. I also wish to apologize for the comments submitted to the guide source pages that have not yet been incorporated. We are running behind there.
We also have a few general bug fixes in this update:
- Track errors in location for later data mining. (LM)
- Tried to make transition easier for people who switch from using the Curse addon. (LM)
During release testing I discovered one bug of note. There are over 400 steps scattered throughout the guides that have syntax errors, as reported by my new consistency checking tool. This will be addressed in the next release.
While the current guides are pretty good, we will be working constantly to improve and update these guides. Remember that if you notice a bug, you can help us by reporting it!
Also, Version 2.2.0 is going in the oven soon. It will change the guide syntax slightly and include a new parser to facilitate the elimination of duplicate code in the addons. However, it will not go live until we have a clean set of guides and are all caught up with comment changes. Stay tuned for more news on this later.