Chapter II (40-50) – Journey from Dustwallow Marsh to the Hinterlands
This is v2.0 of the guide. It has been revamped as mentioned in this news post to adapt to patch v2.3 changes. You can still find the old version of the guide here. At the same time, many other improvements have been made:
- Introduction/Addons section has been updated
- Kill everything on your way rule has been lifted unless you lack experience compared to the progress described in the guide
- Grinding sessions removed and instances aren’t part of the leveling process anymore (no dependancy on groups)
- Quests that aren’t elite anymore have been integrated
- New patch 2.3 content has been integrated (Mudsprocket quests etc.)
- Maps have been remade and a lot of errors have been corrected
- Dustwallow Marsh circuits have been added
- Leveling should be possible at a faster pace than before
This guide starts at level 40. However I hope that you followed the 1st chapter of this guide as well. Because a lot of pre-questing and flight path gathering is done in it and we will need it for this chapter. If you didn’t, it’s not that bad, you’ll just have to figure out yourself where to start, and if you are behind in XP, there will be optional circuits you can do to catch up. If you need guides for any other level range (from 1-41 for example) please take a look at this page.
This guide is made for FAST leveling through the use of Optimized Quest Circuits. With this guide, questing will be very efficient and you’ll not waste any second running around and trying to figure out in which order to do your quests. Follow each instruction carefully and you will see for yourself. The quest choices and order to do them are optimal so that you run as few as possible while doing the most possible, turning several quests at the same time. It will be like grinding, because you’ll be killing stuff almost non-stop, besides you’ll also be completing a bunch of quests at the same time!
Everything described in this guide can be done solo (beside when I say otherwise). You can, of course, follow this guide while duoing, grouping, it’s not a problem, it works too.
DISCLAIMER: This guide does NOT take into account tradeskills, class specific quests or PvP. It’s 100% focused on getting the most experience possible in the shortest possible time while doing a lot of quests and enjoying as much content as possible. Any race/class combination can do this guide. Any complaints about PvP, tradeskills, or class specific issues will be ignored.
- Spend your talent points so that you kill things as fast as possible. (e.g: Priest should specialize in Shadow Talents, Warriors in Arms/Fury, etc.
- Don’t waste your time trying to find groups for questing, you can solo everything that is described in this guide unless I say otherwise. Only group with someone when it’s not gonna be a waste of time (e.g: meeting the person at the other end of the zone to show him the way to where your quest is, that is a waste of time)
- Try to always log out in an inn or in one of the major cities when you take a break.
- When I say you should make an inn your new home location, it’s for a good reason, and it will save you much time.
To get the most out of my guide, you should get an addon which displays coordinates, because I use them to describe locations in my guide (x,y). You can use any addon you like, but here’s a very simple one I use.
- DMiniCoords – A simple box which displays coordinates, left-click it to move it where you like.
Below is a list of other addons I use, this is 100% optional though, it’s mostly for people who are curious to know which addons I use:
- Bartender4 – A great action bar addon.
- X-Perl UnitFrames – Very nice, highly customizable unit frames.
- Quartz – The best casting bar addon out there, imo.
- Scrolling Combat Text – I just don’t like the default UI Floating Combat Text.
Side Note: In case you don’t know how to install add-ons, simply download an addon from one of the links above and unzip it. Then drag the unziped folder in your Addon folder (full path is c:\\Program Files\\World of Warcraft\\Interface\\Addons). Then, restart World of Warcraft and it should be working.
If it isn’t working, you might need to log out to your character selection screen and click on “Addons” in the lower-left corner. Tick the box that says “Load out of date Addons”. Re-launch WoW.
- Level 41: Patterned Bronze Bracers — If you can’t find them on the auction house, find a blacksmith willing to do them for a small tip. The components needed are 5x Bronze Bars, 2x Coarse Grinding Stone
- Level 41: Frost Oil – Made by alchemists. Components are 4x Khadgar’s Whisker, 2x Wintersbite, 1x Leaded Vial
- Level 41: Gyrochronatom – Made by engineers. Components are 1x Iron Bar, 1x Gold Power Core
- Level 44: All the Pages for the Green Hills of Stranglethorn quest. They can be found at the auction house in the main cities and also at the booty bay auction.
- Level 49: 2x Elixir of Fortitude – Made by alchemists. Components are 1x Wildsteel Bloom, 1x Goldthorn, 1x Leaded Vial
These items might not always be available at the AH, so start checking early.
- Quest objectives to kill
You should be in Stormwind right now. If you followed the previous chapter of this guide, you should have the quest  Return to Jaina.
Go to Theramore. If you got the quest  Return to Jaina, go to the Mage Quarter at the western end of Stormwind and speak with Archmage Malin at the foot of the tower there, he will teleport you to Theramore. When in Theramore, this time turn in  Return to Jaina. Better turn it in now while it still gives XP, the teleport won’t be useful to us anymore in the coming levels, and once the quest becomes grey to you, the teleport trick doesn’t work anymore.
If you don’t have that quest, fly to Menethil Harbor and take the boat to Theramore Isle. Or hearthstone if you’re bound in Theramore.
Sell junk, restock on food if you haven’t already.
1. When ready, follow the path northwest out of Theramore until you reach North Point. Turn in  A Grim Connection at Captain Darill and take both follow ups.
2. From there go north until (42,15). You’ll reach Blackhoof Village, we’ve been there in the previous guide. Here you need to loot Blackhoof Armaments, they look like this:
You need 7 of them. At the same time kill every Grimtotem Elder you find until you get 4 Grimtotem notes, which you need to combine to get the Grimtotem Battle Plan.
3. Once done, return to North Point and turn in both quests. Take the follow up.
4. Go to the area called â€œThe Quagmireâ€. There go to Tabetha’s Farm (46,57) and turn in  Tabetha’s Assistance. Get the follow up  Raze Direhorn Post! as well as the other quests from this place:
-  The Grimtotem Weapon
-  Direhorn Raiders
-  The Reagent Thief
-  The Zeppelin Crash
** From now on kill every Noxious Shredder and Darkfang Creeper on your way**
5. Search for Mottled Drywallow Crocolisks. Whenever you see a bunch of them together, right-click your Captured Totem from your inventory. Now make sure that whenever you kill a croc, the totem is close and up or you won’t get a quest update.
There is a particular problem for hunters and warlocks for this quest. You must be tanking the crocs when they die so you get a quest update. For warlocks this is less of a problem, just summon an imp and tank yourself while dotting. But for hunters it’s a little different especially if you are beastmastery specced and don’t have your weaponskill maxed. In that case, do the following:
Place your totem and stand next to it with your pet. Put your pet on: passive, stay and growl off. Pull a crocodile with distracting shot from as far as possible and try to hit it with as many shots as possible before it reaches you. Once it’s next to the totem and once you are meleeing it, sick your pet on it. Normally your pet shouldn’t take aggro and until the croc is dead. If it does get aggro though, just turn the pet’s attack off (click on the passive icon), move away a good distance, get aggro with distracting shot and finish it off either meleeing or with shots. You must have aggro first though.
1. When you are done move east towards (53,57). On the way you should find a few Noxious Shredders (kill as many as you still need). When you are there, talk to Moxie Steelgrille and turn in  The Zeppelin Crash. Take both  Corrosion Prevention and  Secure the Cargo! from her.
You’ve probably already noticed that blue lightning rays are being shot at you. Open your inventory and search for Ooze Buster. Put it on a hotkey. This is used to dissolve oozes all around the crashed zeppelin wreck. You can only use the buster while you are energized by the blue rays though (which are being shot by power core fragments). The power core fragment next to Moxie always shoots energy at you so stay as much around that fragment as possible and pull oozes to it. Once they are close, use your Ooze buster on them. This will dissolve the oozes and you’ll get a quest update. You need to do this 10 times.
At the same time loot 8 Zeppelin Cargos in little boxes all around the floor. If you run out of oozes/boxes next to Moxie, just go to the other power core fragments around the crashed zeppelin. The only disadvantage with those is that they turn off and stop to shoot energy every 30 secs for 30 secs. So if your fragment isn’t shooting energy at you, wait a little until it switches on again, then dissolve your oozes. When done, return to Moxie and turn in both quests. Take the follow up  Delivery for Drazzit.
2. East of you should be some mountains. Follow those mountains north/northwest until you reach a tauren camp called Direhorn Post. Kill 12 Grimtotems here (any). While killing them you’ll stumble on an undead npc called Apothecary Cylla. Kill her and loot “Sealed Letter”.
Right click it for a quest.
At the same time you need to use the torch from your inventory to burn the following three tents:
North Tent: (46,45)
Northeast Tent: (47,46)
East Tent: (47,47)
3. When done, return to Tabetha’s house. Turn in everything you got and get the follow up from Tabetha,  Justice for the Hyals.
4. Hearthstone to Theramore. Turn in  Justice for the Hyals at Captain Garren Vimes (68,48). Take the follow up. Go to the graveyard just outside of Theramore and use the Wreath from your inventory on the grave at (63,42). Once done, return to Captain Garren Vimes and turn the quest in.
5. Fly to Mudsprocket. Turn in  Delivery for Drazzit. Gather all quests here:
-  Bloodfen Feathers
-  WANTED: Goreclaw the Ravenous
-  Catch a Dragon by the Tail
==Note== You can abandon  … and Bugs, if you have the quest in your questlog.
1. Go northwest until you get to an area called The Bloodfen Burrow. Kill every raptor on your way while going west to the cave. There you should see a big named raptor Goreclaw the Revenous. Kill raptors in this area until you have 5 Bloodfen Feathers.
2. When you are done, go south of Mudsprocket and loot 8 Wyrmtails. They look like this:
3. Go back to Mudsprocket and turn in all your quests. Get the two follow ups  Banner of the Stonemaul and  The Essence of Enmity.
4. Ride northwest to the area named The Den of Flame, which you can enter by the main gate on the southeastern side of it at (40,67). From now on kill every dragonkin you see. After killing a Firemane Scout, Ash Tail or Scalebane, use your Brogg’s Totem from your inventory on their corpses to get a Black Dragonkin Essence. You’ll need to do this 10 times.
Go inside the cave and keep to the left side until you see a banner with a tiger pelt. Loot the Stonemaul Banner.
5. When you are done and when you aren’t more than 8200 EXP away from leveling, return to Mudsprocket. Turn in both quests and get the follow up. Congratulations on level 41.
6. Go northeast to Stonemaul Ruins (43,66). Look for Ogre Remains:
Right-click them and Stonemaul Spirits will spawn which you need to kill. You’ll need to free 10 spirits like this.
7. When you are done, return to Mudsprocket and turn the quest in, get the follow up.
8. Go southeast to the area called Wyrmbog. Further southeast towards the mountain you’ll see the entrance to Onyxia’s Lair. Pick one side of the entrance and clear all around it, then plant the Stonemaul Banner from your inventory. After a few seconds a dragon called Smolderwing will spawn. Kill it. Return to Mudsprocket. Turn in at Brogg and fly to Theramore. From there take the boat to Menethil Harbor and fly to Ironforge.
Set your hearthstone in Ironforge.
Get the Patterned Bronze Bracers, the Frost Oil and the Gyrocronatom from your bank (or buy them now if you didn’t yet). I suggest you buy 4 stacks of food/drink at least before leaving.
Go to the Hall of Explorers and get the quest  Ironband wants you! from Prospector Stormpike.
From Ironforge, fly to Thelsamar, if you don’t have the flight path, run out of Ironforge, follow the road east and take the tunnel at the South Gate Outpost (86,51) You will be in Loch Modan then, follow the road northeast to Thelsamar.
In Thelsamar get the quest  Badlands Reagent Run from Ghak Healtouch in the alchemy supplies house. Then go southeast to Ironband’s Excavation Site (65,65). Get the follow up quest from Prospector Ironband,  Find Agmond. Then go southwest to Badlands.
==Note== In Badlands kill any Buzzard or Coyote you find on your way.
1. Go south, past Hammertoe’s Dig Site, until you find Prospector Ryedol and Sigrun Ironhew (53,43). Get the quests:
-  A Dwarf and His Tools
-  Mirages
2. Go southwest and find Martek the Exiled (42,52)
Turn in the quest  Martek the Exiled and get follow up  Indurium. Also get quest  Barbecued Buzzard Wings from Rigglefuzz.
==Note== Whenever you need to sell or repair, go to this spot. There is a goblin smithing supplier and it’s the only vendor and repairer in Badlands.
3. Then go west and a bit to the north until you find Lotwil Veriatus’s Camp (25,44). Get the quest  Study of the Elements: Rock.
Get [b] Coolant Heads Prevail[/b], turn it in, get the follow up Gyro…What? and turn it in.
4. Just west of Lotwil Veriatus you will find a lot of Lesser Elementals. Stay at this spot until you get 10 Small Stone Shard. Go turn in  Study of the Elements: Rock at Lotwil Veriatus and get the follow up.
5. Go east and a bit to the north to Hammertoe’s Digsite.
Kill Dark Dwarves until you get Ryedol’s Lucky Pick.
6. Then go northeast to Camp Kosh where you can find the Supply Crate (67,22).
1. When you got the crate, go back to Prospector Ryedol south of Hammertoe’s Digsite and turn in the quests.
Get the follow up  Scrounging from Sigrun Ironhew, don’t get the other quests.
2. Go south to Agmond’s End and find a Battered Dwarven Skeleton (50,62), click it and complete the quest and get the follow up  Murdaloc.
Kill 12 Stonevault Bonesnapper and Murdaloc, you can find him inside the camp next to the Dwarven Corpse. Keep killing those Troggs until you get 10 Indurium Flakes as well.
3. Once both quests are complete go south into the mountains and kill Rock Elementals at (40,73) until you get 3 Large Stone Slabs.
4. Go west to the ogre area named Camp Cagg (10,72), kill ogres there until you get 7 Scrap Metal. This may take a while. (If you grind here for more that 15 minutes without finishing the quest, just abandon it, it has no follow ups)
5. Go north to Apocryphan’s Rest (16,60) and kill Buzzards / Coyotes until complete  Barbecued Buzzard Wings and  Badlands Reagent Run.
6. When that is done, go east/northeast to Martek the Exiled (42,52) and turn in  Indurium and get the follow up  News for Fizzle. Turn in  Barbecued Buzzard Wings at Rigglefuzz as well. Repair and sell junk while you are here.
7. Go northeast and turn in  Scrounging at Sirun Ironhew.
8. After that go west to Lotwil Veriatus and turn in the quest, get the follow up  Study of the Elements: Rock.
You should be level 42 by now, if you aren’t grind on coyotes and lesser rock elementals until you ding.
Warp to Ironforge, train skills, repair, auction house, etc.
When ready to go, fly to Thelsamar, turn in  Badlands reagent run. Go to Prospector Ironband (65,65) and turn in  Murdaloc. Then go back to the Badlands.
1. Go to the southwestern part of the map (17, 83) and kill Greater Rock Elementals until you get 5 Bracers of Rock Binding. There’s another camp of Greater Rock Elementals further to the west past the Ogres (6,83).
This will be hard because some of the elementals are level 44. Try to find level 42 or 43 ones if the level 44 are too hard for you.
2. Go to Lotwil Veriatus, turn in  Study of the Elements: Rock and get the follow up  This is Going to Be Hard. Then go talk to his assistant Lucien Tosselwrench. Get quest  Stone is Better than Cloth and complete it, as you should still have the patterned bracers.
Complete  This is going to be hard and get the follow up. Talk to Lotwil and complete the quest but BEFORE you accept the next step away from Lotwil, be warned: A level 45 Elemental will spawn and you will have to defeat it. At level 42 this is hard but possible for every class. Just use every long cooldown ability you have. Loot “Lotwil’s Shackles of Elemental Binding” from the Fam’retor Elemental and go turn in the quest to Lotwil.
==Note== For the instance fans, now would be a great time to do Uldaman. If you do Uldaman, try to get to the very end of it and make sure you get the quest  The Platinum Discs in the treasure chamber.
Hearthstone to Ironforge and fly to Stormwind.
Go to the Dwarven District and get the quest  In Search of the Temple from Brohann Caskbelly inside a house in the Dwarven District (69.5, 40.4).
Next go to just south of the entrance of The Stockades and talk to Mazen Mac’Nadir and get the quest  Mazen’s Behest (40,63). Walk upstairs and get the follow-up quest from Acolyte Dellis.
Fly to Booty Bay, make the inn your home location and get the quests:
-  Goblin Sponsorship from Baron Revilgaz in Booty Bay Inn (Top Floor)
-  The Bloodsail Buccaneers from First Mate Crazz just past the “Old Port Authority” building (First big building when getting off the Boat).
-  Skullsplitter Tusks from Kebok in the Booty Bay inn (2nd Floor).
-  Akiris by the Bundle from Privateer Bloads next to the Bank.
-  Zanzil’s Secret from Crank Fizzlebub inside the Booty Bay Inn.
-  Tran’Rek from Krazek in Booty Bay Inn (2nd Floor).
-  Stranglethorn Fever from Fin Fizracket who is under the boat in front of the inn.
In the Stranglethorn Vale category you should also already have:
-  Kurzen’s Mystery
-  Panther Mastery
-  “Pretty Boy” Duncan
-  Raptor Mastery
-  Scaring Shaky
-  Venture Company Mining
Make space in your bags, repair and buy 2 stacks of food/drink (if you don’t have that already, of course).
For those who didn’t finish the Stranglethorn Pages yet: This is your last chance, check the Booty Bay AH and ask in general channel for missing pages. If you got them all, take them with you.
1. Run out of Booty Bay and take the first way left until the Bloodsail Encampment by the shore. Pretty Boy Duncan should be there (28,69). if not, keep clearing the camp until he appears. Kill Pretty Boy Duncan and loot Catelyn’s Blade from him. While you have the camp cleared, look for a map named ”Bloodsail Correspondence” on one of the barrels, click it and get the follow up quest.
2. Go northwest across the bridge and keep going along the shore until you find some Nagas. Kill Naga Explorers at (24,65) until you get 10 Akiris Reed.
3. Then go back to the exit of Booty Bay but this time follow the trail to the north. A bit further on the right hand side of the road you will find Elder Mistvale Gorillas (31,67). Kill Gorillas there until you get 5 Mistvale Giblets and 1 Gorilla Fang.
4. Go north to (35,61) where you’ll find a cave with Witch Doctor Unbagwa. Once you speak to him, 3 waves of 1 gorilla will spawn, with 10 seconds in between. You have time to eat/drink between the waves, don’t loot though, you can do that afterwards. So after about 10 seconds an Enraged Silverback Gorilla (level 43) will attack you. After killing that gorilla you have another 10 seconds until Konda spawns (also level 43). Kill him as well. Then after another 10 seconds Mokk the Savage will run into the cave (Level 44). Kill him and loot the Heart of Mokk.
5. Run back to Booty Bay.
- Turn in  Scaring Shaky at ”Shaky” Philippe on the peer and get the follow up.
- Turn in  Stranglethorn Fever at Fin Fizracket under the boat in front of the inn.
- Turn in  Return to MacKinley to ”Sea Wolf” MacKinley in the house right next to the inn. Get the follow up  Voodoo Dues.
- Turn in  The Bloodsail Buccaneers at First Mate Crazz a bit further towards the inn. Get the follow up.
- Turn in  Akiris by the Bundle at Privateer Bloads next to the bank. Get the follow up.
- Turn in ”Pretty Boy” Duncan at Catelyn the Blade inside the inn. Don’t get the follow up, Get the quest  Up to Snuff from Deeg on the 2nd floor of the inn.
- Turn in and get the follow up  The Bloodsail Buccaneers from Fleet Master Seahorn on the 2nd Floor of the Inn.
Get the quest  Excelsior from Drizzlik at the leatherworking hut (top floor).
Finally get the quest  Keep an Eye out from Dizzy One-Eye who stands to the right of the Booty Bay blacksmith house. (Left when entering Booty Bay from the tunnel).
Repair, sell and restock food/drink up to 3 stacks.
1. Get out of Booty Bay and go east towards the shore named Wild Shore. From there, go southwards while killing any Bloodsails on the way until you reach the 1st camp (29,80). Clear the camp and look for a map thingy named ”Bloodsail Charts” or ”Bloodsail Orders”, If you don’t find either, move on further south until you find a small boat ashore, check it for maps as well. Careful, the Bloodsail Warlocks really hurt, make sure you interrupt their shadowbolts if you can, and kill them fast then deal with their pets. If you are Rogue or Mage though, I suggest sap / polymorph on the warlock first, kill the pet and then the warlock.
2. Now go further south until you find a bigger camp (27,82). This camp will be harder to clear, but it’s possible if you do it carefully.
Check the camp for Bloodsail Orders or Charts. Basically, the Bloodsail Charts and Orders can spawn at any of the two camps or at the boat. So check all three until you got both.
Then wander up and down the shore where you came from and kill Bloodsails until you get :
- 10 Bloodsail Swashbuckler Kills
- 15 Snuff (can drop from any Bloodsail)
- 1 Dizzy’s Eye (can drop from any Bloodsail)
3. Get back on the road and ride north until you reach the Ruins of Jubuwal (33,51). Clear the camp until you can pull JonJon The Crow, he should come with an add, could be a hard fight but it’s doable. Loot Jon-Jon’s Golden Spyglass, then clear yourself some space around the little ruins just behind where Jon-Jon was, there stands Maury ‘Club-Foot” Wilkins with two Zanzil Something.
Now you probably can’t take all 3 at the same time, so try to kill one of the minions fast then run away, rinse and repeat until you are left with just Maury Wilkins. Kill him and loot ”Maury’s Clubbed Foot”.
4. Go back on the road and just a bit south until (33,53), go east through a breached wall and keep going until you hit the Ruins of Aboraz (40,57) and kill Zanzil Minions there until you find
Chucky “Ten Thumbs” inside the ruins and loot ”Chucky’s Huge Ring” from him. Keep killing Zanzil dudes until you get 12 Zanzil’s Mixtures, avoid Zanzil the Outcast himself though. If you run out of mobs to kill, go back and forth from this camp to the other. Any Zanzil Something can drop the Mixture.
You should be level 43 by now.
5. When done with both  Voodoo Dues and  Zanzil’s Secret, get back on the road and ride north until you reach (39,41).
** From this point on, if you find any Shadowmaw Panther (they are stealthed) make sure you kill them **
At (39,41) go east and you will find Venture Co. Goblins uphill. Kill them until you get 10 Singing Blue Crystals.
6. Go west to the other side of the road, you should find Jungle Stalkers (34,37). Kill 10.
7. Then go northeast to (36,35) and kill Shadowmaw Panthers until you got 10 kills. You can find them in the area all around that big hill next to the tribal leatherworking troll NPC. They can be a bit hard to find sometimes because they are stealthers so I suggest you hit “Tab” key while running around and open your eyes well (humans use your racial ability perception). 🙂 Keep doing circles around that big hill and you will find 10 panthers quickly.
1. Once you’re done get back on the main road and go north until you get to the Venture Co. Base at Lake Nezferiti, go to the Operations Center which looks like an oil rig platform (42,18 ). Go on top of it and kill Foreman Cozzle, loot his Key.
Jump down and go to the small house next to the lumber mill, open the chest and get the Fuel Regulator Blueprints.
2. Now go west across the lake and keep going west until the Bal’lal Ruins (29,20), clear the camp and click the big tablet named ”Moon Over the Vale” and loot the scroll.
3. Go west till you hit the coast. You must find an Elder Saltwater Crocolisk. If you don’t see one, just clear the coast while going northwest, until an elder croc spawns. Loot the Elder Crocolisk Skin.
4. Go west into the sea, until (24,22). Dive underwater at this spot and you should find the tablet named ”Gri’lek the Wanderer” lying against the outer wall of the underwater ruins. You don’t need to kill any of the murlocs there, the tablet can be accessed safely. Loot the 2nd scroll.
5. Then go north to the Zuuldaia Ruins and take the western entrance ( 21,10) to the Ruins of Zul’Kunda. Clear the way through the first corridor until you reach a fork, go left up the ramp. From there, face north and you should see the 3rd tablet ”The Emperor’s Tomb”. Clear the way to it and loot the 3rd Scroll. Then go back to the fork and this time take the ramp up to the right, then take a u-turn to the right and go west until the last ruin (23,11). The last tablet named ”Fall of Gurubashi” is inside there. Loot the 4th Scroll and then go back on the main path to the east and clear the way eastwards and out of Zul’Kunda ruins.
6. Keep going east to Camp Nesingwary (35,10).
-  Panther Mastery., get the follow up.
-  Raptor Mastery, get the follow up.
- and the pages quest if you didn’t do that already before.
7. Then ride north to the Rebel Camp, turn in  Kurzen’s Mystery, get the follow up  Troll Witchery.
Also get the quest  Colonel Kurzen if you don’t already have it.
Fly to Booty Bay, turn in:
-  Voodoo Dues, wait 10 seconds, then get the follow up  Cracking Maury’s Foot
-  Venture Company Mining and  Zanzil’s Secret at Crank Fizzlebub in the Booty Bay inn.
-  Up to Snuff at Deeg on the 2nd Floor of the inn.
-  Goblin Sponsorship at Baron Revilgaz, 2nd Floor of the inn. Get the follow up.
-  The Bloodsail Buccaneers at Fleet Master Seahorn, 2nd Floor of the inn, get the follow up.
-  Keep an Eye out at Dizzy One-Eye to the right of the Blacksmith house.
This should make you ding level 44
Sell junk, repair and re-stock food/drink. Put the Fuel-Regulator Blueprints in the bank.
If you wish, you can fly to Stormwind and go train your new skills, then hearthstone back to Booty Bay.
1. Get out of Booty Bay and ride east to the shore. Now we’re going to look for a Half-Burried Bottle, which can be found anywhere along the beach if you keep going northeast. Keep opening bottles until one yields a Carefully Folded Note, right-click it to start  Message in a Bottle.
2. Swim southeast to Jaguero Isle and find Princess Poobah at (39,81). Turn in the quest and get the follow up  Message in a Bottle.
3. Go to the southeastern part of the island, where you should find a big gorilla named King Mukla (40,84). Kill it and loot the Shackle Key.
Go back to Princess Poobah and turn in  Message in a Bottle.
4. Now we’re gonna do  The Bloodsail Buccaneers.
Go to the southwestern tip of the island and swim southwest to a lone pirate ship (34,88)
You should see 2 other pirate ships if you look west:
Let’s start with the lone ship.
Instead of describing step by step how everything is done, I made a video, with explanations inside (the video was made before patch v2.3 but it’s still more or less the same, beside that there are less mobs and they are lower level):
Note: The parchment I looted at the bottom of the ship – Cortello’s Riddle – can spawn in any of the three ships, so you’ll have to check the bottom floor of each ship until you find it. It can also spawn in other parts of the ship, so check every corner of each ship carefully, but it mostly spawns on the bottom floor.
When you pull the middle floor, don’t fight in the stairs. As soon as you aggro something, get off the stairs, or you might aggro something from the captain’s cabin through the floor, it’s an annoying bug but it’s easily avoided if you don’t fight on the stairs.
5. Do the same for the other two ships and you should have The Bloodsail Buccaneers complete and have Cortello’s Riddle. Right click it and get the quest Cortello’s Riddle.
Note: Ignore Brutus, that iron golem standing at the top of the eastern ship. He doesn’t drop anything particular and is a pain to kill.
6. Swim back to the mainland, get back on the road and ride north. Right before Gurubashi Arena, turn left, follow the little path west/northwest until you hit the shore, then go north until you find a named raptor, Tethis (29,43). Kill it.
1. Go north through the raptors and then northeast to Ziata’Jai Ruins (42,36) and clear the camp of trolls. Be careful to avoid the patrols. When it’s cleared, follow the little path northeast until you reach Balia’mah Ruins (45,33). Kill all the trolls there as well. When this camp is clear, follow the path southeast and then south until you reach the ruins of Zul’Mamwe (47,38 ) and kill all the trolls you find in the ruins (Though avoid the southernmost one up the plateau, the trolls there are higher level)
If you run out of trolls go back to the first ruins of Ziata’Jai and repeat this cycle until you get 18 Skullsplitter Tusk and 4 Skullsplitter Fetish. The fetishes can only drop from Skullsplitter Mystics and Witch Doctors.
2. Go northeast towards Zul’Gurub. Just south of the path leading to Zul’Gurub (49,20), look for a panther called Bhag’thera, kill her and loot the Fang of Bhag’thera.
3. Go north/northwest to the Kurzen Cave at (46,8). Mobs in there should be grey to you, so try to avoid as many as possible. Inside the cave stick to the right and at some point you’ll start to encounter Kurzen Elites and Kurzen Subchiefs, which you must kill.
==Warning for melee classes== Subchiefs have an ability called Violent Shield, when they cast it, stop attacking or you’ll get hurt. Just wait till it stops.
Keep sticking to the right and you’ll find Colonel Kurzen at the end of the cave, he has one Kurzen Subchief as guard, you’ll have to take them both at the same time, just use your cooldowns if necessary.
Clear the way out of the cave while killing what you need for  Colonel Kurzen.
4. Ride west/northwes to the rebel camp, turn in  Troll Witchery and  Colonel Kurzen, get the follow up  Mai’Zoth.
5. Go southwest to Nesingwary’s Expedition, turn in  Raptor Mastery and  Panther Mastery, get the follow up  Big Game Hunter.
6. Go southeast to the Mosh’ogg Ogre Mound (49,28). Clear the way till the end of the cave, where you should find Mai’Zoth. This won’t be an easy fight, because Mai’Zoth is guarded by two other ogres. My advice is to burn Mai’Zoth, use everything you got, and interrupt his spells because he hurts the most, by far. Use a health potion if needed, then finish the other two ogres. Loot the Mind’s Eye.
Now stay in this area and kill ogres until one of them drops Maury’s Key. If you already got it, just go to the next step.
7. Optional. We’re going to kill King Bangalash. Some classes can’t solo it and will have to find help, 2 people of any class mix should do. If you want to do this quest, head to (38,34) at the top of the hill. Clear any tigress or panthers around, you don’t want them to add while you’re fighting King Bangalash. When he’s at 50% health, he summons to panthers to his help, so watch out for that. My advice is to just burn Bangalash and ignore the panthers (or CC them).
Loot the Head of King Bangalash.
Hearthstone to Booty Bay.
Go to the top floor of the inn, turn in  Skullsplitter Tusks and  The Bloodsail Buccaneers.
Jump down and turn in  Cracking Maury’s Foot at ”Sea Wolf” MacKinley, get the other quest  Stoley’s Debt.
Repair, sell and refill up to 3 stacks of food/drink.
Fly to the Rebel Camp, turn in  Mai’Zoth.
Optional: If you did the  Big Game Hunter quest, ride to Nesingwary’s Expedition and turn it in, then go back to the rebel camp.
Fly to Darkshire (Duskwood)
From Darkshire go east, enter Deadwind Pass, go east through Deadwind Pass until you enter the Swamps of Sorrows.
1. When in Swamps of Sorrows, follow the road east until you find a bridge at (23,49). Look under the bridge for a Soggy Scroll. (You’ll see a question mark on your minimap)
Click the scroll, turn in the quest and get the follow up Cortello’s Riddle.
2. Go north to the Misty Valley (13,35). Kill Swampwalkers, Swampwalker Elders and Tangled Horrors until you complete  Mazen’s Behest. The drop rate on the Essays you need is pretty low, so be patient, you might have to kill a lot of those elementals if you’re unlucky.
3. Go east to the Harborage (26,31), get the quest  Pool of Tears.
4. Find and kill Noboru the Cudgel.
You can see his route on the picture below, it’s quite accurate, just follow it and you’ll find him. Kill him and loot Noboru’s Cudgel, right-click it to start  Noboru The Cudgel.
5. Ride southeast to the Pool of Tears (65,45), swim down in the pool and look for Atal’ai Artifacts, gather 10 of them. A full turn around the pool should be enough. You should also get a message for  In Search of The Temple while swimming around in this pool.
6. Ride northwest to the Harborage, turn in  The Pool of Tears and  Noboru the Cudgel, this should make you ding level 45.
Go southeast to the Blasted Lands.
In Blasted Lands go immediately east to Nethergarde Keep.
Find Watcher Mahar Ba, he’s in the big tower on the east side of the village, turn in  Mazen’s Behest.
Find the Gryphon Master and fly back to Stormwind.
Repair, sell, check the auction house and go talk to Brohann Caskbelly in the Dwarven District and get the follow up  To the Hinterlands.
Go to Stormwind Harbor.
If you don’t have the flight path to Auberdine (which should normally be the case for everyone besides Night Elves and Draeneis), take the boat to Auberdine, this boat is at the southwestern pier in Stormwind Harbor. Once in Auberdine, get the flight path from the Hippogryph Master, then take the boat back to Stormwind.
Take the Deeprun Tram to Ironforge.
==Note== If you are leveling First Aid (most classes should), now would be the perfect time to raise it to 225 and take the quest  Alliance Trauma from the first aid trainer in Ironforge, who is inside a house close to the gryphon master.
Fly to Menethil Harbor, go to the southern pier and take the boat to Theramore.
In Theramore on the docks turn in the quest  Akiris by the Bundle at Privateer Groy. Talk to the Gryphon Master if you don’t have this flight path for whatever reason.
*If you have First Aid, you can do the quest to become master in First Aid there. You need to have a skill 225 and be level 35+. Go talk to Doctor Gustaf VanHowzen in the Foothold Citadel and do the little quest where you have to bandage patients and get 3900 easy XP.*
Find the inn and make it your home location.
Fly to Mudsprocket.
Go northwest until you get to an area called The Bloodfen Burrow. Go west, clear your way into the cave and you should see a scroll on a stone with a question mark over it. Click it, turn in the quest and get the follow up Cortello’s Riddle.
Hearthstone back to Theramore, then fly to Gadgetzan.
Turn in  Tran’Rek, don’t get the follow up.
-  Wastewander Justice
-  Water Pouch Bounty
-  Handle with Care from Curgle Cranklehop
-  Wanted: Caliph Scorpidsting and  Wanted: Andre Firebeard from the wanted poster.
Go to the inn and make it your home location.
General info about Tanaris, Feralas and Hinterlands:
While killing stuff in Tanaris if you find an item named [OOX-17/TN Distress Beacon]. Right click it and keep the quest. You’ll find beacons in Feralas and Hinterlands as well, proceed equally with those. Each of those beacons start a quest where you will have to find a Homing Robot and escort it. The beacons won’t always drop for you, they are kinda rare. The escort quests are hard to do solo especially for certain classes. But if you are lucky to find all 3 beacons you should really put the effort and finish all 3 rescue quests, it will be described when to do them in the guide later on. Anyway, if you don’t get a distress beacon, or if you don’t manage to complete the rescue quests, it’s not a big deal, this is optional, it’s a nifty exp bonus but it’s not that important
Sell, Repair, re-supply food/drink (3 stacks).
1. Get out of Gadgetzan, ride east until Noonshade Ruins (61,24), kill all the Bandits you can find there (If it’s crowded just skip this part and keep riding east).
2. Then go further east to Steamwheedle Port even if you still haven’t completed Wastewander Justice yet.
In Steamwheedle port get:
-  Pirate Hats Ahoy!
-  Screecher Spirits
-  Southsea Shakedown
Turn in  Stoley’s Debt and get the follow up  Stoley’s Shipment.
3. Ride back towards Gadgetzan, make a stop at Noonshade Ruins and kill bandits / thieves there until you finish Wastewander Justice and Water Pouch Bounty. If the place is crowded, there are more wastewander camps southeast of here (63,30).
4. Go back to Gadgetzan and turn in  Water Pouch Bounty and  Wastewander Justice, get the follow up  More Wastewander Justice.
Go to the bank and get the Fuel Regulator Blueprints.
Ride north to Thousand Needles and to the Shimmering Flats (80,75).
Turn in  News for Fizzle at Fizzle Brassbolts.
Get quest  Gahz’Rilla (Dungeon) from Wizzle Brassbolts if you plan to do the Zul’Farrak instance in the future.
Turn in  Part for Kravel at Kravel Koalbeard, don’t get the follow up.
Turn in  Goblin Sponsorship at Pozzik don’t get the follow up but on the other hand get the quest  Keeping Pace from Pozzik.
Then go talk to Zamek who is just south of Pozzik, he should have a blue question mark over the head. Start his quest, follow him, he will set up an explosive and distract Rizzle Brassbolt out of his house. While Rizzle is away go quickly loot the Unguarded Plans. Complete the quest, get the follow up  Rizzle’s Schematics and turn it in at Pozzik. You can destroy the Sample of Indurium Ore from your bags.
Hearthstone if it’s up, or ride back to Gadgetzan and fly to Thalanaar (Feralas). You should have this flight path if you followed the previous chapter.
1. In Feralas, ride west, follow the road, but carefully avoid Camp Mojache (by the north) or the guards will make a quick deal of you. Find the Grimtotem Camp at (65,47), then locate Kindal Moonweaver at (65,45), she is on the mountain overlooking the Grimtotem camp. There is a path going to her just a little west of the grimtotem camp (65.6,47).
Once you know where Kindal is, don’t take the quest yet, go back to the Grimtotem Camp and clear the area around the bamboo cage with the Sprite Darters in it, and don’t be shy, clear a wide radius around it.
When you feel that you’ve cleared enough, go quickly to Kindal and start the quest, jump down and run straight to the bamboo cage, open the cage and escort the sprites out, at least 6 of them must survive. Once you get the ”6 Sprites escaped (Complete)” message, help Kindal finish off whatever she is attacking. When Kindal is not being attacked by anything, she will vanish, go find her at her initial spot, turn in the quest. If you and/or Kindal die after getting the “quest complete” message, just run back fast to where you initially found Kindal and turn in the quest before the end of the 6 min countdown.
Now Jer’Kai Moonweaver (that elf right next to Kindal) will have a quest for you, Doling Justice. Take the quest, go back down to the Grimtotem Camp and kill as much as the quest requires you to. When done, go back to her and get the follow up  Doling Justice.
2. Get back on the road, keep going west following the road and go to the shore at (44,42).
3. Take the boat to Feathermoon Stronghold, or just swim there if the boat isn’t in sight, it’s faster.
In Feathermoon Stronghold get those quests:
-  The Mark of Quality
-  The Ruins of Solarsal
-  The Missing Courier
-  The High Wilderness
-  In Search of Knowledge
Then go talk to Ginro Hearthkindle, he is on the 2nd floor of a house at (31,45) get the follow up  The Missing Courier from him.
Talk to the Hippogryph master, make Feathermoon Stronghold your home location. Sell and Repair, re-supply food and drink (3 stacks)
1. Go southwest to the Ruins of Solarsal, at (26,52) you’ll find a Gazebo (a pavilion structure opened on all sides) named “Solar Gazebo” , it’s easy to discern it as it is the only “dark” building. Click it and get the follow up quest  Return to Feathermoon Stronghold.
2. Go back to Feathermoon Stronghold and get the follow up from Shandris Feathermoon  Against the Hatecrest. Talk to Latronicus right next to her, get the follow up.
3. Go back to the Solarsal Ruins, kill Nagas until you have 10 Hatecrest Naga Scales.
4. Go back to Latronicus, turn in the quest and get the follow up  Against Lord Shalzaru. You should be level 46 by now.
Sell, repair and re-supply food/drink (3stacks).
1. Go south past the Ruins of Solarsol and across the water to the Isle of Dread. On the Isle of Dread, clear a path to the cave at (26,67).
Inside the cave, go straight ahead and under a small white arch. Lord Shalzaru is up there on the other side of the pond. Kill Lord Shazaru, there are 2 other nagas close to him but you can pull them one by one or just 2 at a time. Use your long cooldown abilities and potions if needed. Loot the Mysterious Relic from him.
2. Clear the way out and go back to Feathermoon Stronghold.
Turn in the quest at Latronicus and get the follow up  Delivering the Relic. Go talk to Vestia Moonspear in the same building and turn in the quest.
3. Then take the boat, back to Feralas, from there go south following the shore while avoiding the Water Elementals / Giants. Kill any Rogue Vale Screechers you find on the way and use Yeh’Kinya’s Bramble on their corpses, then talk to their spirit to free them. Finish  Screecher Spirits while going southwards.
4. Cross a small river, then keep going south until you find a Wrecked Row Boat at (45,65), it’s underwater but very close to the shore, you can see the yellow â€œ?â€ on your minimap anyway. There will probably be an elemental or two around it that will aggro if you get close, you can try killing them (but some of them are 49) or you can run in, click the quest, get the follow up and run away. (What I did :p)
Once you have the follow up  Boat Wreckage, go back to Feathermoon Fortress (use Hearthstone if it’s up).
In Feathermoon Fortress talk to Ginro Hearthkindle and get the follow up  The Knife Revealed, go talk to Quintis at the top of the tower north of this building. Get the follow up  Psychometric Reading and go back to Ginro, get the follow up  The Woodpaw Gnolls.
Sell, Repair, buy up to 4 stacks of food/drink.
1. Go east across the sea, back to Feralas, follow the road east until you reach Ruins of Isildien (61,53). Kill ogres there until you have killed 8 Brutes and 8 Warlocks.
2. Then for the Ogre Shamans you will have to go much further south to the big temple at (59,73). Keep doing circles around the temple until you got 8 Shamans dead (there’s also shamans inside the building, sometimes you gotta kill the placeholders for them to respawn).
3. When you are done with Shamans, go further to the south and as far up the hills as you can, you will find Hippogryph Eggs on the floor at (56,76). Get a Hippogryph Egg.
4. Go northwest to the Yeti Cave (55,56). Kill Yetis, ignore the Homing Robot OOX-22/FE for now. Keep killing yetis until you get 10 Thick Yeti Hides.
When you got 10 Yeti Hides, go to the Homing Robot. (53,55)
Now, at this point you should normally have gotten a Distress Beacon with all the stuff you’ve killed in Feralas already. If you don’t, it’s not a big deal, just go to the next step. For those you did get a Distress Beacon, right click it to get the quest  Find OOX-22/FE! if you haven’t already. Turn in the quest.
Don’t take the escort quest if you are solo, it’s too hard for almost every class. If you are two or more, read the following warnings before taking the escort quest:
- 1st Warning: The Chicken robot is stupid and doesn’t assist you all the time if you get attacked. Let him in the front so he gets the first hit. He has a decent amount of HPs and heals back to full after each fight is over. You can even eat/drink a bit after a fight and let the chicken walk in the front (not too far away though). Don’t even think about looting, you don’t have time. Don’t let the chicken tank more than one at a time, and don’t let him tank too long either.
- 2nd Warning: When out of the Yeti cave, the chicken will take a left turn and go towards the road, at some point 3 yetis will ambush him. Don’t panic, you can let one of the yetis be tanked by the chicken at the beginning and deal with the other 2. Just check the chicken’s health regularly. There will be a 2nd and a 3rd ambush, be prepared for them. Especially the last one is composed of 4 Gnolls.
5. Get back on the main road and follow it east until (71,48). You should be directly north of a small lake. Go to the southeastern tip of that lake and a bit more to the south try to locate a small gnoll camp next to a huge tree. (73,56). Clear the camp and look for ”Large Leather Backpacks” hanging at the trunk of that huge tree. Click it and get the follow up quest  The Writhing Deep.
Also check your inventory for a bag named ”Undelivered Parcel”, click it and start the quest  Thalanaar Delivery.
6. Go further south to the Writhing Deep and find the hole at (74,63), go down the spiralling ramp until you reach the bottom. There enter the tunnel towards the west, inside the tunnel at the first fork go to the right. At the end of this corridor you’ll find a circular room with the Zukk’Ash Pod inside. Clear the insects in the room. (if you are lucky, ”Qirot”, a rare spawn insect will be there. Kill it for and extra green item). When the room is clear, click the Zukk’Ash Pod, complete the quest, and after Raschal the Courier is done with his speech, warp back to Feathermoon Stronghold.
Turn in all quests and get the following quests:
-  A Hero’s Welcome
-  Improved Quality
-  The Sunken Temple
Go to Shandris Feathermoon, turn in  A Hero’s Welcome and get the follow up  Rise of the Slithid.
Fly to Auberdine (Darkshore), takes about 7 minutes. Or just fly directly to Rut’theran Village if you got the flight path.
In Auberdine go on the peer and take the boat to the right, it will take you to Rut’theran Village outside of Darnassus.
Turn in the quest  Handle with Care at Erelas Ambersky. Get the quest  Favored of Elune?.
Go talk to Daryn Lightwind on the upper floor, turn in  In Search of Knowledge. Go look for a green book on the floor, next to the little bookshelf to the north (55,91). Get the quest and talk again to Daryn and get the follow up  The Borrower.
Go inside Darnassus (for those who never went there, you have to step in the pink haze at (56,90))
Inside Darnassus, go to the Temple of the Moon.
Turn in  Rise of the Silithid there and  Doling Justice. This should make you ding level 47.
While you are in Darnassus, go to your class trainer (if you are Shaman, Paladin, or Warlock you will have to go to Auberdine and take the boat to Stormwind. Mages can just go learn the Portal to Darnassus and warp to a big city to train).
Visit the Auction House, sell and repair.
Then go back to Feathermoon Stronghold (Use Hearthstone if it is up — If it’s not up, there is a Hippogryph Master in Rut’theran Village, fly to Auberdine, then fly to Feathermoon.)
From Feathermoon, fly to Thalanaar. Turn in the quest  Thalanaar Delivery at Falfindel Waywarder. Then Fly to Gadgetzan.
In Gadgetzan, turn in the quest  The Borrower at Curgle Cranklehop, get the follow up  The Super Snapper FX.
Right next to Curgle, click on the Egg-O-Matic. Complete the quest and you will get an Egg Crate, open it then talk to Curgle again and complete the quest corresponding to the egg you got.
Sell, Repair, get up to 3 Stacks of Food/Drink.
1. In Tanaris ride to the southeast until you reach Waterspring Field (63,37).
You will find numerous Wastewander camps there. Kill Wastewander Rogues (stealthers), Assassins and Shadow Mages. You can also find Caliph Scorpidsting, he wanders between the tower structures, so you should go kill from a tower structure to another until you find him. He has 2 stealthed bodyguards, it will be a hard fight, burn him down quick and run away is my advice, use long cooldown abilities and potions if needed. Then go back and loot his head.
If you don’t find Caliph it’s not a problem though, it’s just some bonus XP quest, not too important.
2. Once you got  More Wastewander Justice completed, go east towards Lost Rigger Cove. You’ll find a cave entrance at (68,41). Go through this tunnel.
Now you have a lot of work to do, check the kill list of  Southsea Shakedown and start killing Pirates!
Clear your way south toward the main camp with the 3 houses , 2 ships ashore and the boat under construction.
Andre Firebeard spawns at the campfire right in the center of the camp. He has 3 Dock Workers close to him but you can pull those 3 without him if you pull the back one, then you have Andre solo. Or you can burn him down fast and run away (or take them all :p^^). Anyway, this place is usually crowded because it is a good grinding spot, so you shouldn’t have trouble getting help to kill Andre Firebeard if needed.
Then go inside the first house to the right when entering the camp. You might get pulls of 3 at a time inside the house, you will maybe have to use the “Kill one and run away” tactic to get to the top floor of the house if you can’t take 3 at a time.. On the top floor are crates, click them to get Stoley’s Shipment.
Then keep on killing pirates until you complete Southsea Shakedown and Pirate Hats Ahoy!
Bonus: There is a rare spawn named Kregg Keelhaul on the boats ashore. Check for it.
If you find a Captain’s Key off one of the pirates, the chest is at the bottom level of the ship which is the most to the east. Another thing, while killing pirates by the dozen you might find a pirate footlocker on one of them (1% chance to drop approximately). In the footlocker you might find a note named “Ship Schedule”, right click it to start the quest  Ship Schedules, which you turn in in Steamwheedle Port for an extra 4850 XP. However, you might be unlucky and never get a footlocker, so don’t worry if you miss it, it’s optional.
3. When done, get out of Rigger Cove and go north to Steamwheedle Port.
-  Andre Firebeard
-  Southsea Shakedown
-  Stoley’s Shipment and get the follow up  Deliver to MacKinley
-  Pirate Hats Ahoy!
-  Screecher Spirits and get the follow up  The Prophecy of Mosh’Aru (Dungeon)
Ride west to Gadgetzan and turn in:
-  More Wastewander Justice
-  WANTED: Caliph Scorpidsting
Also turn in any stacks of 5 Wastewander Water Pouch at Spigot Operator Luglunket (he has a blue question mark overhead)
Go to Ironforge (Fly to Theramore, take the boat to Menethil Harbor and then fly to Ironforge)
In Ironforge: Sell, repair, check auction house.
Optional: If you did Uldaman and  The Platinum Discs quest, then go to the Hall of Explorers, talk to High Explorer Magellas, get the quest  Portents of Uldum, then talk to Historian Karnik further inside the Hall of Explorers and get the follow up  Seeing what Happens.
Fly to Southshore, turn in  Down the Scarlet Path (if you did the Scarlet Monastery instance, you probably don’t have this quest anymore, so just ignore this).
Go northeast to the Hinterlands (84,32). In Hinterlands go northeast to Aerie Peak (14,47).
Get the quests:
-  Preying on the Predator
-  A Gesture of Goodwill
-  Featherbeard’s Endorsement
-  Troll Necklace Bounty
-  Skulk Rock Clean-up
- Turn in  To the Hinterlands at Falstad Wildhammer and get the follow up:
On your way up to the top get the flight path for Aerie Peak.
Talk to Gryphon Master Talonaxe and get the follow up:
 Rhapsody Shindigger. Also get  Witherbark Cages from him.
Then make Aerie Peak your home location. (the innkeeper can be hard to find, he wanders about on the top floor inside the inn)
** Reminder: If you find a distress beacon on mobs in Hinterlands, right click it and get the quest**
1. Go south to Featherbeard’s Hovel (13,54), inside the house you’ll find a book, right-click it, turn in the quest and get the follow up  In Pursuit of Featherbeard.
**While in the Hinterlands look for Wilkdkin Feathers, they are big white/brown feathers you can find on the ground throughout Hinterlands. They don’t drop off the Owlbeasts. I found most of them in between Aerie Peak and Quel’Danil Lodge. Start gathering them from now on while doing the quest circuit**
**Also kill Mangy Silvermane and Silvermane Wolves on your way**
2. Go north and then follow a small path east of Aerie Peak while staying close to the mountain to your left. You will find Shindigger’s camp (26,48).
Talk to Rhapsody and get the follow up  Rhapsody’s Kalimdor Kocktail
3. Go south/southwest to the troll ruins of Zun’watha (23,58), clear the camp and check the first and second Witherbark cages.
4. Go southeast to the cave called Bogen’s Ledge (25,66). Inside the cave, kill Witch Doctor Mai’jin and Tcha’kaz.
5. Go east until you find the entrance to Shadra’Alor at (36,64). Clear the way to the top of the eastern pyramid, where you should find Featherbeard’s Remains (37,71.5).
Turn in the quest and get the follow up  Reclaiming the Eggs.
From Featherbeard’s Remains, face precisely southwest and move in this direction for about 30 yards, you’ll find 3 eggs next to an incurved wall (36,73), loot the 3 Gryphon Eggs.
Go southwest, staying close to the mountain to your left, soon you should see a yellow “!” on your minimap. Go there and you should find another 3 Gryphon Eggs (34,75). Loot 2 of them to finish  Reclaiming the Eggs.
Optional: If you plan to do the Sunken Temple instance in the future, you should take the quest given by the Atal’ai Exile.
6. Get out of Shadra’Alor and go northwest to the troll ruins of Hiri’watha (32,57). Clear some space inside and check the “Third Witherbark Cage”.
Kill trolls until you get 5 Troll Tribal Necklaces.
1. Go northeast to Agol’Watha (46,40) and kill 10 Green Sludges.
2. Go east to Skulk Rock (56,44) and kill 10 Jade Ooze. Beware of the wolf stalkers there though, they are stealthed, so be prepared for unexpected adds.
You should be level 48 by now.
3. Optional: If you got the Distress Beacon OOX-09/HL, go to the lake northwest of Skulk Rock and find the Homing robot there (49,37). Turn in the quest. Before you accept the rescue quest, here is what you must know:
- This quest, unlike the Feralas one, is more likely to be done solo. It’s still not a walk in the part of course. So if you got a partner to duo it, all the better for you.
- Let the chicken run in front of you, let it get the first hit. If it’s not getting hit, it won’t fight back. Sometimes mobs are actually chasing the chicken and failing to get a hit on it, so they give up.
- You’ll have to face 2 ambushes of 3 mobs each, make sure you are full health/mana and with long cooldown abilities up when you start the escort. When the 3 ambushers attack, stand back until the chicken gets hit. Then let the chicken tank one of the 3 adds, deal with the 2 others as quick as you can, then help the chicken finish off the 3rd add.
If you don’t have the beacon, you can come back later when you get one. We’ll come back to the Hinterlands in a few levels anyway. Ride southeast until you reach The Overlook Cliffs (71,65), then go down the slope.
4. Search your bags for the Super Snapper FX and make a hotkey out of it. Then ride along the shore and search for a named turtle named Gammerita. She is easy to discern from the rest because she’s the only aggressive turtle (red name). She roams a lot, so you’ll find her anywhere between the waterfall (82,47) and Revantusk Village (77,77). She will attack you when you take her picture, you can kill her or run away, as you prefer. You should now normally have a Snapshot of Gammerita in your inventory.
5. Mount up and go north until you reach the waterfall named The Overlook Cliffs (79,48).
Dive in the water and look for Cortello’s Chest at the bottom of the sea, close to where the waterfall hits the bottom.
Click it and turn in the quest for 8800 xp and a 14-Slot bag.
Hearthstone back to Aerie Peak.
Turn in the quests:
-  Troll Necklace Bounty
-  Skulk Rock Clean-up
-  A Gesture of Good Will
-  Reclaiming this Eggs
Go to the top floor of Aerie Peak to Gryphon Master Talonaxe and get the follow up:
 The Altar of Zul
You can destroy Featherbeard’s Map from your inventory.
Sell, repair, buy up to 3 stacks food/drink.
==Note== From now on, kill on sight the following: Mangy Silvermanes and Silvermane Wolves as long as you still need them for  Preying on the Predators. Also gather as many Wildkin Feathers as you still need for  Favored of Elune?.
1. Go east/southeast to the Altar of Zul (49,64) and kill trolls / wolves there. On top of the temple of Zul you’ll find 2 level 50 mobs. Qiaga and Morta’gya.. Get full HP/mana, kill them both, try to interrupt their spells as much as possible and use your cooldowns/potions if needed.
Loot the ”Sacred Mallet” from Qiaga. Then walk on top of the altar in the middle of it and you’ll get a quest update for  The Altar of Zul.
2. If you haven’t done the robot chicken escort quest yet but got the Distress Beacon OOX-09/HL, go to the lake northwest of Skulk Rock and find the Homing robot there (49,37) and do the escort.
If you still don’t have the Distress Beacon, well first of all you’re not lucky. If you can stomach it, go grind at some troll ruins (any will do) until you get the beacon, because it’s much more efficient to do this escort now (you’ll see later why). If you really don’t wanna grind, then forget it, we’ll get another chance to do this quest in a later circuit, it will just require one extra trip to Booty Bay at a later point.
3. Go back to Aerie Peak, turn in  Preying on the Predators.
Go to the top of Aerie Peak and speak with Gryphon Master Talonaxe. Turn in the quest and get the follow up:
 Thadius Grimshade
Keep Aerie Peak as your home location, we’ll hearthstone there in a couple of circuits.
Fly to Ironforge. Sell, repair, visit your class trainer, check the AH. you really have to buy the 2 Elixirs of Fortitude if you didn’t already (See shopping list).
==Note== If you want to do the Zul’Farrak instance, now would be a good time to do it. If you do the instance, make sure you do the following:
- Before going to Zul’Farrak, fly to Nethergarde Keep (Blasted Lands), turn in  Thadius Grimshade, get the follow up  Nekrum’s Medaillon.
- When inside Zul’Farrak, Kill Theka the Martyr (Loot 1st Tablet)
- Do the Temple script (Loot Nekrum’s Medaillon)
- Kill Hydromanther Velratha (Loot 2nd Tablet)
Take a portal to Darnassus or if you don’t find a mage, go to Stormwind Harbor, take the boat to Auberdine, then fly to Rut’Theran village.
In Rut’theran Village turn in the quest  Favored of Elune? at Erelas Ambersky (55,92).
In the same house on the 1st floor turn in  The Super Snapper FX. Get the follow up  Return to Troyas.
Fly to Gadgetzan. In Gadgetzan get:
-  Gadgetzan Water Survey from Senior Surveyor Fizzledowser (he’s on a mound of earth behind the houses on the west side of Gadgetzan)
-  The Thirsty Goblin from Maren Noggenfogger
-  The Dunemaul Compound from Andi Lynn (behind the Inn)
-  Thistleshrub Valley from Tran’Rek
1. Go west to the pool of water by the Sandsorrow Watch (38,29). Stand by the western tip of the pool and get full health/mana. Search your bag for a black vial named ”Untapped Dowsing Widget” and right click it. Two level 48 insects will pop and attack you, kill them or run away from them. It doesn’t matter.
2. Go back to Gadgetzan. Talk to Senior Survery Fizzledowser and get the follow up  Noxious Lair Investigation.
Now we’ll do a long circuit, so repair and re-stock food/drink.
3. Get out of Gadgetzan and go south until you find the skeletal remains of some huge animal (50,35). Kill all the Fire Rocs you find there. The Hyenas actually share the same spawn points as the Fire Rocs, so if you run out of Fire Rocs, kill Hyenas until Fire Rocs spawn instead. There’s another of those huge skeletal remains to the southwest. Cycle between those 2 spots until you get the 3 Roc Gizzards you need for  Rhapsody’s Kalimdor Kocktail.
4. Go southeast to the area named “Broken Pillar” (52,45) and talk to Marvon Rivetseeker. Turn in  The Sunken Temple and get the follow up  The Stone Circle. Also get  Gahz’ridian.
5. Go southwest to the Dunemaul Compound and clear a path to the cave there (40,56). In that cave you’ll find Gor’marok the Ravager, kill him. (lvl 49 – soloable at lvl 47 without a problem)
6. Go southeast to the Eastmoon Ruins (48,64) (yes, even if you didn’t finish  The Dunemaul Compound yet.) Start killing ogres there and look on the floor for Gahz’Ridian pieces. They look like white upside down plates. If it’s too crowded, there is another camp similar to this one further to the southwest named “Southmoon Ruin” (41,72). When you got 30 Gahz’Ridian ornament you should also be done with  The Dunemaul Compound. If not, kill some more ogres :p
7. Optional: If you went to Uldaman and did the quest  The Platinum Discs, go southwest to Uldum (38,79). The Dune Smashers have a small aggro range, you can hug the left wall and reach the Stone Watcher of Norgannon, just be careful of the one roamer. The Stone Watcher of Norgannon is at (37,81). Click the Uldum Pedestal under him and get the follow up, then talk to the Stone Watcher of Norgannon who just appeared on the pedestal. Go through his dialogue and you will complete the follow up. Then click the Uldum pedestal again, complete the quest and get the follow up  Return to Ironforge.
8. Go west (northwest if you went to Uldum) to Thistleshrub Valley (28,67). Kill Gnarled Thistleshrubs and Thistleshrub Rootshapers until you get 8 kills of each. Also kill Thistleshrub Dew Collectors until a Laden Dew Gland drops (rare drop).
This should easily make you ding level 49.
9. Go north to the Noxious Lair (31,51). Kill Centipaars there, Stingers, Wasps, Tunnelers.. until you get 5 Centipaar Insect Parts.
10. Ride southwest to the slope going down to Ungoro Crater (27,57).
1. Go down the slope and find Torwa Pathfinder to the right up a small hill (71,75). Get the 2 quests:
-  The Fare of Lar’korwi
-  The Apes of Un’Goro
==Note== While in Ungoro Crater look around for crystals. There is 4 types of crystals:
Red, Blue, Yellow and Green crystals. Loot them anytime you see them until you got 7 of each color.
Also kill every dinosaur you find on your way and normally you should find a Mangled Journal at some point (if you don’t you will later on in Ungoro, don’t worry). Right click the journal and get the quest  Williden’s Journal.
2. Go northwest until you find ”A Wrecked Raft” at (63,68). Right click it and accept the quest  It’s a Secret to Everybody.
Take a dive right next to where the wrecked raft is and look underwater for yellow bag called ”A Small Pack”. Click it, turn in and get the follow up. You should receive a small pack in your inventory but don’t open it for now, it will save you some bagspace.
3. Go northeast from here until (68,56), where you will find a big dinosaur carcass on the floor. Right click it to get the Piece of Threshadon Carcass.
4. Once you have your “Piece of Threshadon Carcass”, go back to Torwa Pathfinder, turn in the quest and get the follow up  The Scent of Lar’korwi.
5. Go west back into the Marshlands until you find some purple eggs on the floor (67,73). Clear the ravasaurs around it, then step up on the egg pile, a Lar’korwi mate should appear and attack you, kill her and loot the Ravasaur Pheromone Gland (75% drop rate).
6. Then go to the next pile of eggs north of this one (66,67), do the same thing. Go back and forth between these 2 egg piles until you got 2 Glands.
7. Go back to Torwa Pathfinder and turn in the quest, get the follow up  The Bait for Lar’korwi.
8. Go back to the Marshlands and kill Dinosaurs while looking for crystals until you got 7 Power Crystals of each color and found the Mangled Journal.
9. Ride north then northwest to Marshall’s Refuge (46,13).
Turn in  Williden’s Journal, don’t get the follow up.
Open the “small pack” in your inventory and loot all the items from it, then turn in  It’s a Secret to Everybody at Linken (he’s inside a tree trunk south of Williden Marshal), get the follow up. You can destroy the Faded Photograph from your inventory.
Go inside the cave at Marshall’s Refuge and go to the end of it where you’ll find a little gnome named J.D. Collie.
Get her quest  Crystals of Power and turn it in. Then get the 3 follow up quests she gives you:
-  The Eastern Pylon
-  The Northern Pylon
-  The Western Pylon
Fly to Gadgetzan and turn in:
-  The Thirsty Goblin at Marin Noggenfogger. Get the follow up  In Good Taste.
-  The Dunemaul Compound at Andi Lynn
-  Thistleshrub Valley at Trank’Rek
-  In Good Taste at Sprinkle, get the follow up  Sprinkle’s Secret Ingredient.
-  Noxious Lair Investigation at Alchemist Pestlezugg
Get the quest:
 The Scrimshank Redemption from Senior Surveyor Fizzledowser.
Sell/repair/restock food-drink (3 stacks).
1. Go south to the Broken Pillar and talk to Marvon Rivetseeker, turn in  Gahz’ridian.
2. Go further south to the Gaping Chasm (56,61), clear yourself a path through the insects southwards until you find the entrance spiralling down at (55,70). Take the 2nd tunnel you see when going down the spiral, the one going north (55,69). Inside the tunnel at the first fork go right. Then go through the circular room. After the circular room at the first fork go right. You will enter a big square room. The Scrimshank’s Surveying Gear (55,71) is at the western corner of the square room.
Loot it and then go back the way you came from, and then go north until you are out of the Gaping Chasm.
If you don’t have the Distress Beacon, go back to Gadgetzan.
3. If you do have the Distress Beacon for Tanaris:
Go east and inside the mountain at (60,64). You will find the Homing Robot OOX-17/TN there. Turn in the quest. Get full health/mana, refresh buffs. Check if your long cooldown abilities are up. For some classes this will be hard to solo, so if you don’t manage it better find someone to duo it with. If you don’t manage that, just abandon the escort quest, it’s optional anyway.
Things to know about this escort quest:
1. Let the chicken in front, let him get hit first. Sometimes mobs will aggro him but not manage to hit him while he walks and they will just give up.
2. The first part of the escort is the hardest as you will run into lvl 46-47 mobs. And at some point you will get an ambush of 3 level 46 scorpions. Use your long cooldown abilities there. After this, it gets easier.
3. Later on you will get a 2nd ambush, 3 humanoids lvl 42 (green). One will be a shadow mage though, kill it first.
==Note== For those who did Zul’Farrak, go to Steamwheedle Port, turn in  The Prophecy of Mosh’aru, get the follow up  The Ancient Egg. For the others, if you don’t plan to do Zul’Farrak, just abandon the quest  The Prophecy of Mosh’aru.
4. Ride back to Gadgetzan, talk to Senior Surveyor Fizzledowser and get the follow up  Insect Part Analysis.
Go talk to Alchemist Pestlezugg, get the follow up and get back to Surveyor Fizzledowser. Turn in the quest and get the follow up  Rise of the Slithid
Fly to Thalanaar, Feralas.
1. Mount up, ride west/northwest, carefully avoiding Camp Mojache. Keep going west until the grimtotem camp (66,46). Go talk to Kindal Moonweaver (those two elven females we already helped back then with freeing sprite darters). Get the quest  An Orphan Looking for a Home.
2. If you haven’t done the Feralas chicken escort quest, go west and back to the Yeti Cave (55,56) and try to escort the Homing Robot. At level 49 it shouldn’t be too hard to solo it. Anyway, one advice, just ALWAYS let the chicken get hit first before you do anything.
If you don’t manage to solo this quest or can’t find a person to duo it just abandon it. It’s really optional, but do try hard though, because the final exp reward is juicy.
3. Get back on the main road and ride north/northeast towards the Yeti Cave (51,32). On the way there also kill every Ironfur Bear and Groddoc Thunderer you find. You need 3 livers of each for  Rhapsody’s Kalimdor Kocktail.
4. Kill Rage Scar Yetis until you get 10 Rage Scar Yeti Hide.
5. When done with the above, get out and kill more Ironfur Bear and Groddoc Thunderer until you finish  Rhapsody’s Kalimdor Kocktail.
6. Ride to the pier and take the boat to Feathermoon Stronghold (or swim if you miss the boat ):
Turn in :
-  Improved Quality
-  Return to Troyas, don’t get the follow up.
Fly back to Gadgetzan. Get your 2 Elixirs of Fortitude from the bank in Gadgetzan. Then ride north to the Thousand Needles.
Go to the Mirage Raceway and talk to Quentin (78,74). Turn in the quest  An Orphan Looking for a Home. Get the follow up, turn it in instantly (as you already have the 2 Elixirs of Fortitude).
Get the quest  The Newest Member of the Family. A timer window will appear, we have plenty of time though, so just follow the next few steps carefully and don’t go AFK for too long 😛
Ride back to Gadgetzan, fly to Ratchet. After landing, go directly south of the flight master to the yellow “!” labeled Liv Rizzlefix (62.5, 38). Don’t take the quest, but loot Marvon’s Chest, which is right outside of this hut. You’ll receive a Stone Circle.
Take the boat to Booty Bay. In Booty Bay take the left ramp going up, keep going east/southeast and shortly you’ll find Oglethorpe Obnoticus (28,76). Turn in all the Rescue OOX-Chicken Robot quests you completed. They give between 6900 XP and 7850 XP each.
If you completed all 3 rescues you get and extra quest  An OOX of your own. You’ll get a mechanical chicken pet (which I usually sell for 50gold at the AH ^^) and 10200 XP as well! Which is why going through the pain of doing those 3 escort quests is in the end worth it.
Turn in  Deliver to MacKinley at “Sea Wolf” MacKinley (close to the inn).
You should be level 50 by now.
Fly to Darkshire (Duskwood). In Darkshire go talk to Watchmaster Sorigal (he’s just down the path from the gryphon master), get the quest  Supplies for Nethergarde.
Fly to Nethergarde Keep, Blasted Lands.
If you didn’t do the Zul’Farrak instance:
- Turn in  Supplies for Nethergarde at Quartermaster Lungertz.
- Turn in  Thadius Grimshade at Thadius Grimshade, he’s inside the big tower, on the highest floor. Don’t get the follow up.
If you did Zul’Farrak:
- Turn in  Supplies for Nethergarde at Quartermaster Lungertz.
- Turn in  Nekrum’s Medaillon at Thadius Grimshade, he’s inside the big tower, on the highest floor. Get the follow up  The Divination. Turn it in, get the follow up  Return to the Hinterlands.
Hearthstone to Aerie Peak. Go talk to Agnar Beastamer, he is inside the inn on the lower level. Turn in  The Newest Member of the Family, get the follow up  Food for Baby.
If you did Zul’Farrak, go to Gryphon Master Talonaxe at the very top of Aerie Peak, turn in  Return to the Hinterlands, get the follow up  Saving Sharpbeak.
End of Chapter II.
I hope you enjoyed this guide. If you want to return the favor, please try to contribute.
Text formatting: Snowflake & Jame
© Copyrights www.wow-pro.com All Rights Reserved