Chapter III (40-51) – Journey from the Grom’Gol to the Blasted Lands
This guide starts at level 40. However I hope that you followed the 1st chapter and the 2nd Chapter of this guide as well. Because a lot of pre-questing and flight path gathering is done in it and we will need it for this chapter. If you didn’t, it’s not that bad, you’ll just have some more grinding to do to catch up.
This guide is optimized for FAST leveling with a minimum of grinding sessions. Quests are important, they give rewards and faction and are less boring than pure grinding, BUT sometimes some quests are really a time waste and we will be skipping those and replacing them by good grinding spots when it is necessary. Some people say that grinding is always faster than questing, this is true in theory when you don’t know which quests to take and which to avoid, and what is the best order to do them. With this guide, questing will be very efficient and much better than pure grinding. Follow each instruction carefully and you will see for yourself. The quest choices and order to do them are optimal so that you run as few as possible while doing the most possible and then turning several quests at the same time. This guide will be very useful for both veteran and novice players. I try to keep the amount of information as short as possible. So even the guide itself is optimized for the minimum reading possible, to save time! Let’s get started immediately then! Everything described in this guide can be done solo (besides when I say otherwise). You can of course follow this guide while duoing, grouping, it’s not a problem, it works too.
- The “kill everything on your way” rule doesn’t apply anymore once you have your mount. Until then, keep following this rule. You should really try to get your level 40 mount as soon as possible, I recommend grinding on elementals or dwarves in the badlands until you have enough money to buy it.
- Spend your talent points so you do the most damage possible. (e.g: Priest should specialize in Shadow Talents, Warriors in Arms/Fury, Rogues Combat/Assassination, etc).
- Don’t waste your time trying to find groups for questing, you can solo everything that is described in this guide. Only group with someone when it’s not gonna be a waste of time (e.g: meeting the person at the other end of the map to show him the way to where your quest is, that is a waste of time)
- Try to always log out in an Inn or in one of the major cities when you take a break.
- If I don’t mention a quest, it means I consider it a waste of time, so don’t take it thinking I forgot a quest here and there, I didn”t. Also don’t abandon a quest unless I say you should.
- Sometimes I will be making lists of quest you should have before starting with an area, that doesn’t mean I will list the whole quest log, JUST the quests that interest us for the moment.
- When I say you should bind (make an Inn your home location) somewhere it’s for a good reason, and it will save you much time. Don’t change your home location until I say so.
- Titan panel: It is a great addon with many useful features. But mostly because I use locations in my guide with coordinates (X,Y), and Titan Panel shows these coordinates. It also shows your average XP/Hour rate among other things.
- MozzFullWorldMap: An Addon that completes all the missing parts of your in game maps (which you didn’t explore yet).
Side Note: In case you don’t know how to install add-ons, make a folder called Interface in your World of Warcraft directory (if it doesn’t exist already). Then you open it and create a folder called Addons inside the Interface folder (if it doesn’t exist already). Now every Addon you want to install goes directly into the Addon folder. For example you download and unzip Titan Panel, you drag the folder called TITAN PANEL (not Interface or Addons) into the new Addon folder you created. You restart World of Warcraft completely and it should be working.
If it isn’t you might need to log out to your login screen and click on “Addons” in the left lower corner. Tick the box that says “Load out of date Addons”. Relaunch WoW.
- Every time you pass by an auction house, try to buy the following items:
- Level 42: Patterned Bronze Bracers — If you can’t find them on the auction house, find a blacksmith willing to do them for a small tip. The components needed are 5x Bronze Bars, 2x Coarse Grinding Stone
- Level 42: Frost Oil – Made by alchemists. Components are 4x Khadgar’s Whisker, 2x Wintersbite, 1x Leaded Vial
- Level 42: Gyrochonatom – Made by engineers. Components are 1x Iron Bar, 1x Gold Power Core
- Level 43: All the Pages for the Green Hills of Stranglethorn quest. They can be found at the auction house in the main cities and also at the booty bay auction.These might not always be up for sale, so start checking early.
Before starting to follow the guide, I highly recommend that you get your level 40 mount. There will be more and more traveling the higher in levels we get, so you should go grind in Badlands on elementals or dwarves until you can buy it. It will save you a tremendous amount of time in the long run.
Here we go:
Take the Zeppelin to Grom’gol outpost.
In Grom’gol, get the following quests if you don’t have them already (if you didn’t follow my last chapter):
Mok’thardin’s enchantment – the one where you must get 10 Jungle Stalker Feathers
Bloodscalp Clan Heads
Split Bone Necklace
From Grom’gol ride north, find a small plateau in between Tkashi Ruins and Bal’lal Ruins (31,17). On top of this plateau you should find Sin’dal, a level 37 named tiger. Kill it, loot the Paw of Sin’dal.
Ride northeast to Nesingwary’s Camp. Turn in Tiger Mastery.
Go east back on the main road, follow it north, until you enter Duskwoods. Our next stop is Stonard in Swamps of Sorrows.
Follow the road north, turn right at the crossroads, follow it as shown on the map below, make sure to avoid the alliance town of Darkshire.
Go through Deadman’s Crossing, follow the path shown on this map:
You should be in Swamps of Sorrows now, follow the road, go right at the crossroads, and keep going until you find Stonard (43,55). Get the flight path and the following quests:
Lack of Surplus
Pool of Tears (Elite)
They can all be found inside the buildings in Stonard. Don’t get the other quests.
1. Go north to the small “isle” shown on map (48,41), stay in this area, kill everything in a wide radius until you have 8 Unprepared Sawtooth Flanks and found Noboru the Cudgel. Noboru is a level 39 draenei, he wanders in Swamps of Sorrows but always comes to this spot every now and then, you’ll find him eventually if you stay in this area, kill him, loot his cudgel, right click it to start the quest Noboru the Cudgel.
2. Ride west to the Harborage(25,31). Turn in Noboru the Cudgel. Get the other quest: Draenethyst Crystals.
3. Go east along the mountain until you find “Fallow Sanctuary” at (54,28). Gather 6 Draenethyst Crystals (Big blue crystals scattered around the camp).
Also look for caged animals of the following type: Captured Crocolisk, Tarantual and Jaguar. Target them and feed them the Fel-tainted morsels you should have in your inventory.
When you got 6 crystals and have fed all 3 animals, go further east to (63,18) where you will find a destroyed caravan, right next to the caravan you will find Galen Goodward inside a cage, before you get his quest, clear the ‘lost ones’ camps to the southwest of the cage. Then get the quest Galen’s Escape and escort him out.
You should let Galen go in front and get the first hits, you can also eat/drink when he is attacked by only one NPC. He regens back to full health after each fight.
After you have escorted Galen successfully, go southwest to (47,39). There you will find a small tent and Galen’s Strongbox next to it. Open it, complete the quest.
4. Ride west back to the Harborage. Turn in Draenethyst Crystals.
5. Ride southeast to the Pool of Tears (65,45), swim down in the pool and look for Atal’ai Artifacts, gather 10 of them. A full turn around the pool should be enough.
6. Get back on your mount, ride southeast to Misty Reed Post (80,80), turn in the quest Lack of Surplus and get the follow up Lack of Surplus.
7. Ride west back to Stonard.
The Pool of Tears, don’t get the follow up.
Your quest log should look like this at the moment:
If you didn’t follow my last chapter, you probably don’t have all these quests. It’s not a big deal though, just ignore the ones from Thousand Needles and Arathi Highland. However, try to get the ones you miss from Stranglethorn Vale, most of them can be obtained in Booty Bay.
Fly to Kargath, Badlands. Sell, repair, restock food/drink.
Turn in Neeka Bloodscar (he’s at the top of the guard tower). Get the follow up Report to Helgrum, also get the other quest Coyote Thieves.
Go to the inn and get the 2 following quests:
Badlands Reagent Run
From now on, kill every coyote and buzzard you find on your way.
1. Ride east to Lotwil Veratius, get the quest Study of the Elements:Rock
2. Ride east to the valley of fangs and find Martek the Exiled (42,52). Turn in the quest Martek the Exiled and get the follow up Indurium.
Talk to the goblin next to Martek, get the quest:
Barbecued Buzzard Wings
Power Stones (dungeon)
3. Go south to Agmond’s End (50,65), kill the troggs there until you have 10 Indurium Flakes.
4. Go a bit further south, along the mountain you should find Theldurin the Lost (50,76), get his quest Solution to Doom (Dungeon).
5. Just a little to the west you’ll find the Mirage Flats, with alot of Rock Elementals (40,78). Kill rock elementals there until you have 5 rock elemental shards, 3 large stone slabs and have reached level 41. You can go kill coyotes, buzzards and troggs too if the elementals are overcrowded.
6. Go northwest of the elementals, there is a vast area with a lot of coyotes and some buzzards (35,72). Kill stuff there until you have 30 Coyote Jawbones and 10 Crag Coyote Fangs. Also, if you see a bunch of Ogres passing by with Boss Tho’grun among them, kill him. Read the next paragraph to know more.
7. Go southwest and find Boss Tho’grun (18,78). He wanders the path marked on the map counter-clockwise, so just go clockwise and you will run into him. I usually find him at (18,78) though, somehow. He is escorted by 5 ogres, however he often lags behind his troops and can be pulled along with only one add. Kill him fast, loot his Sign of Earth and run away. Use long cooldown abilities and potions if needed.
8. If you still need some Buzzard Wings or Gizzards, go north to Apocryphan’s Rest (16,60), there are plenty buzzards there.
9. Ride east to Martek the Exiled (47,52). Turn in Indurium and Barbecued Buzzard Wings. Get the follow up from Martek: News for Fizzle.
10. Ride northwest to Lotwil Veratius (25,44), turn in Study of the Elements: Rock and get the follow up Study of the Elements: Rock.
11. Ride west to Kargath, turn in Coyote Thieves, Broken Alliances and Badlands Reagent Run. Don’t get any of the follow ups.
Now comes what we all hate, a big grinding session. There’s no better alternative at this point. Sell and repair, buy food/drink and go grind on either: lesser rock elementals, rock elementals, troggs, dark iron dwarves at Angor Fortress. It’s up to you, they are all good grinding spots.
Grind until you hit level 42, then hearthstone to Orgrimmar.
Visit the class trainer, the auction house, you really need to get your hands on the items listed on the shopping list for level 43 now: Frost Oil, Gyrochronatom and Patterned Bronze Bracers. We’ll need them soon and this is our last stop in a big city until then. Take those 3 items with you and get out of Orgrimmar.
Take the Zeppelin to Grom’gol base camp, fly to Stonard, Swamps of Sorrows.
Get the quest Little Morsels from the Blood Elf chick inside the biggest building. On the top floor of this building, turn in Report to Helgrum.
Go to the Inn and get the other quest Fresh Meat.
1. Edited: skip this point, go directly to 2.
2. When you have fed the 3 captured animal types, go east until you find Sawtooth Snappers (75,15), they are the bigger version of the crocolisks we killed in this zone last chapter. Go south from that location to find more crocs, just be careful not to run into those elite dragons. Keep killing those crocs until you have 6 Sawtooth Snapper Claws.
3. Ride south to Misty Reed Post (81,81) and turn in the quest Lack of Surplus at Tok’Kar, get the follow up. Go turn in this follow up immediately at the other orc npc just a bit east of the camp, looking over the shore. Get the follow up Threat from the Sea.
4. Get down on the shore and start killing murlocs. Kill 10 Marsh Murlocs and 10 Marsh Inkspewers, then move north along the shore, where you should find Murloc Flesheaters and Monstrous Crawlers – they can also be inside the water near the shore. Keep killing those mobs until you have 10 Murloc Flesheater kills.
5. Further north you can find areas with only Monstrous Crawlers (95,45) go there to get the last crawler legs you miss. If you run out of crabs, go back and kill some murlocs while the crabs respawn.
6. Go back to Misty Reed Post and turn in the quest Threat from the Sea, get the follow up, turn it in immediately at the other orc in the camp, Tok’Kar. Go back to the other orc npc, Katar, and get the new quest he has for you: Continued Threat.
7. Go back down on the shore, kill murlocs (yes, again!). You already know where to find Inkspewers and Flesheaters.
8. Oracles are harder to find. They can be found in those big turtle shells on the beach, but that’s not much. Thankfully there’s a good spot for them further north and inside the sea, there are many of them inside and around a wrecked ship at the bottom of the sea at (94,22). However if you don’t like fighting underwater you can just stay at the murloc camps on the beach and grind there while waiting for the 2 oracles in the turtle shells to respawn.
9. Once you have completed the quest Continuing Threat, ride back to Misty Reed Post, turn in the quest.
10. Ride back to Stonard, turn in Little Morsels and Fresh Fresh Meat. Sell, repair and restock food/drink.
Fly to Kargath, Badlands.
No map needed for this session.
1. From Kargath, go south/soutwhest to (13,85), where you will find Greater Rock Elementals. Kill them until you have 5 Bracers of Rock Binding. If you run out of elementals to kill, there is another camp to the west of this one (7,80).
2. Go grind on Rock Elementals – the level 39-41 ones east of here – or on the dwarves at Angor Fortress. Grind until you are 10000 XP away from level 43.
3. Ride to Lotwil Veratius (26,45). Turn in Study of the Elements: Rock. Get the other quest from Lotwil, Coolant Heads prevail, turn it immediately – as you already have the Frost Oil from the shopping list. Get the follow up Gyro…What? and turn it in too – you should have the Gyrochronatom from the shopping list as well – Get the follow up This is Going to Be Hard. Talk to Lucien Tosselwrench, who stands behind Lotwil. Get his quest Stone is Better than Cloth and turn it in – as you have the Patterned Bronze Bracers already – congratulations on level 43.
4. Spend your talent point, make sure all your cooldown abilities and your potion timers are up, then turn in This is Going to Be Hard, get the follow up and turn it in at Lotwil, get the follow up This is Going to Be Hard. A level 45 Fam’retor Guardian will spawn, kill it and loot Lotwil’s Shackles of Elemental Binding. Turn in the quest at Lotwil, congratulations on your first trinket!
5. Go back to Kargath and fly to Booty Bay.
Your quest log should look like this at this time:
Note: As I said above, don’t bother with the Arathi and Thousand Needles quests if you don’t have them. However, now that we are going to Booty Bay, make sure to get the Stranglethorn Vale quests you miss there.
In Booty Bay, turn in Sunken Treasure at Fleet Master Seahorn, don’t get the follow up, then get inside the Inn.
Get the quest Tran’rek.
Go down to the 1st floor of the Inn and get the quests Venture Company Mining and Zanzil’s Secret.
Set your Hearthstone to the Booty Bay Inn.
Get out of the Inn and get the quest Akiris by the Bundle from Privateer Bloads in front of the bank. While you are there check the Booty Bay auction house for any Stranglethorn page you might still be missing.
Here is the list:
1. Chapter I: page 1,4,6,8
2. Chapter II: page 10,11,14,16
3. Chapter III: page 18,20,21,24
4. Chapter IV: page 25,26,27
We’ll be needing them soon, so I advise you start offering 50s or even 1 gold for the pages you miss in the trade channel. We still have some killing to do though and we’ll go back to Booty Bay two more times before we actually go turn in the page quest.
From the bank, go up the pier and in the first house to the left you should find “Sea Wolf” MacKinley, get the quests Scary Shaky and Stoley’s Debt from him.
Head towards Booty Bay’s exit and get a last quest on the way from First Mate Crazz, The Bloodsail Buccaneers.
1. Exit Booty Bay and go left, till you reach a pirate camp by the cove. Clear the camp and find the Bloodsail Correspondence on one of the barrels.
Click it, turn in the quest and get the follow up The Bloodsail Buccaneers.
2. Go northwest across the bridge and further northwest along the coast until you find some nagas. Kill those nagas until you have 10 Akiris Reed.
3. Ride back to the entrance of Booty Bay, this time go on the other side, follow the road north just a litlle while until you have Mistvale Gorillas on your right (31,68). Kill gorillas until you have gathered 5 Mistvale Giblets.
4. Ride back to Booty Bay, down the first slope you’ll find “Shaky” Phillipe, turn in the quest and get the follow up Return to MacKinley. Further towards the Inn, turn in The Bloodsail Buccaneers at First Mate Crazz, get the follow up.
Up the slope right after First Mate Crazz, go to the house to your left and find Sea Wolf MacKinley, turn in the quest and get the follow up Voodoo Dues. Go to the top floor of the Inn and turn in The Bloodsail Buccaneers at Fleet Master Seahorn, get the follow up.
In the room just before Fleet Master Seahorn get the quest Up to Snuff from Deeg.
Before leaving Booty Bay, find Dizzy One-Eye and get his quest Keep an Eye Out. Dizzy is behind a big building close to the forge, which is actually quite close to the exit of Booty Bay, on the highest floor.
The next session doesn’t involve much traveling so no map is needed.
1. Get out of Booty Bay and go east towards the shore named Wild Shore. From there, go southwards while killing any Bloodsails on the way until you reach the 1st camp (29,80). Clear the camp and look for a map thingy named “Bloodsail Charts” or “Bloodsail Orders“, If you don’t find either, move on further south until you find a small boat ashore, check it for maps as well. Careful, the Bloodsail Warlocks really hurt, make sure you interrupt their shadowbolts if you can, and kill them fast then deal with their pets. If you are Rogue or Mage though, I suggest sap / polymorph on the warlock first, kill the pet and then the warlock.
2. Go further south until you find a bigger camp (27,82). This camp will be harder to clear, but it’s possible if you do it carefully.
Check the camp for Bloodsail Orders or Charts. Basically, the Bloodsail Charts and Orders can spawn at any of the two camps or at the boat. So check all three until you got both.
Then wander up and down the shore where you came from and kill Bloodsails until you get :
1. 10 Bloodsail Swashbuckler Kills
2. 15 Snuff (can drop from any Bloodsail)
3. 1 Dizzy’s Eye (can drop from any Bloodsail)
3. Hearthstone to Booty Bay.
Go to the top floor of the Inn, turn in The Bloodsail Buccaneers, get the follow up The Bloodsail Buccaneers. Turn in Up to Snuff. Sell and repair, restock food/drink. Get all the Stranglethorn pages from your bank. Go turn in Keep an Eye Out at Dizzy One-Eye on your way out of Booty Bay.
1. Get out of Booty Bay and ride north, stay on the road until you reach (39,41), slightly long ride.
At (39,41) go east and you will find Venture Co. Goblins uphill. Kill them until you get 10 Singing Blue Crystals.
2. Go west to the other side of the road, you should find Jungle Stalkers (34,37). Kill those raptors until you have 10 Jungle Stalker Feathers.
3. Ride to Grom’gol, turn in Mok’thardin’s enchantment and get the follow up.
4. Ride north along the shore until you find and Elder Saltwater Crocolisk. It’s elite but it’s only level 38ish, green to you. Should be no problem to solo, use cooldowns and potion if needed. Loot the Elder Crocolisk Skin off it.
5. Ride further northwest/north along the shore until you find the back entrance of the big troll ruins (21,11). Look at this zoom of the minimap to know what path to follow:
You should find Nezzilok the Dire at (24,10) if you followed the map above. Kill him and loot his head. Just a bit furhter north you should find Gan’zulah, the troll boss of those ruins (23,8). Kill him and loot his head.
6. Ride out of the ruins of Zul’Kunda, go east towards Nesingwary’s Expedition (36,10).
Turn in Raptor Mastery, don’t get the follow up. Also abandon Panther Mastery (elite), because that named panther can sometimes take way too long to be found.
Get the quest The Green Hills of Stranglethorn and then take the four other quests named Chapter I, II, III and IV. Turn them all in then turn in the quest The Green Hills of Stranglethorn.
7. Ride south/southwest, back to Grom’gol.
Next to the troll npc named Nimboya you should find a Bubblign Cauldron, get close to it and right click it to have a quest window appear. Turn in Bloodscalp Clan heads, click the cauldron again and take the two quests: Speaking with Neezzliok and Speaking with Gan’zulah.
8. Sell and repair, then ride southeast, across the river, to the Ziata’jai Ruins (42,37). Clear the camp, beware of the patrols roaming this area, there are 2 of them and each contain 3 trolls level 39-40. Once the camp is clear, click on the Ziata’jai Trophy Skulls which stand in the middle of the ruins and loot the Ziata’jai Trophy.
9. Follow the little path northeast until you reach Balia’mah Ruins (45,33). Kill all the trolls there as well. When this camp is clear, loot the Balia’mah Trophy Skull.
10. Follow the path southeast and then south until you reach the Ruins of Zul’Mamwe (47,38), You should find the Zul’Mamwe Trophy Skulls there, loot it.
Now kill all the trolls you find in the ruins (Though avoid the southernmost ones up the plateau, the trolls there are higher level).
If you run out of trolls go back to the first ruins of Ziata’Jai and repeat this cycle – as shown by the arrows on the map – until you get 18 Skullsplitter Tusk, 25 Splitbone Necklaces and level 44, this is a good grinding spot.
11. Spend your talent point and go back to the Ruins of Zul’Mamwe. Our objective is to complete the quest Speaking with Gan’zulah. All the quest objectives are in the ruins of Zul’Mamwe, so let’s just go there and kill everything in the way. Just be careful, there are many patrols and you can get easily overwhelmed if you don’t pull carefully.
Skullsplitter Headhunters and Berserkers can be found in the southeastern part of the ruins (48,43) – which we avoided until now – go there and kill what you need for the quest, be careful to avoid the named elite Mogh the Undying.
Now comes the difficult part, we have to kill a level 45 named with two level 44 guards. You can find that named – Ana’thek the Cruel – inside the cave at the end of the path going through the ruins (45,44). Ana’thek and his guards sometimes come out of the cave for a walk, but don’t attack them then, you will probably get adds and die. It’s safer to wait for Ana’thek to be back in the cave and attack him inside it.
Wait for your long cooldown abilities and your potion timers to be up, clear the area around the cave mouth to have some space, then charge in, kill the named fast, loot him and run away. If one of the guards is a Spiritchaser and you have no way to cc it – Polymorph or sap – kill it first, run away and then come back for the named. It’s safer this way, because the Spiritchasers tend to heal the named and then things get ugly. I tried it with the rogue – even though I could have just used sap – to evaluate the difficulty, and it was no problem, I could easily take one down, run away and come back for the named without a single death.
Once you have looted the Broken Armor of Ana’thek, make sure you don’t miss anything on the kill list of Speaking with Gan’zulah (you might be missing a few hunter kills).
12. Ride northwest, back to Grom’gol.
Turn in Split Bone Necklace. Click on the Bubbling Cauldron and turn in the two quests. Then click on the cauldron again and take the quest The Fate of Yenniku. Speak with Kin’weelay, turn in the quest and get the follow up The Singing Crystals.
Take the zeppelin to Orgrimmar or Undercity and train your new skills, sell, repair and restock consumables.
Hearthstone to Booty Bay. At the Inn, turn in Venture Company Mining, then go to the top floor of the Inn, turn in Skullsplitter Tusks. Exit the Inn by the top floor side door, go turn in Excelsior at the “Tan-Your-Hide Leatherworks” (you should see the yellow dot on the minimap when you come out of the Inn).
1. Get out of Booty Bay and ride east to the shore, then south along the shore until you have 3 pirate ships in sight. We’re gonna do The Bloodsail Buccaneers and this is a very difficult quest because the mobs on those ships are bunched up and you can end up with 3 on you easily if you don’t pull carefully.
Let’s start with the ship which is the most to the west (30,39).
Instead of describing step by step how everything is done, I made a video out of it, with explanations inside:
Note: The parchment I looted at the bottom of the ship – Cortello’s Riddle – can spawn in any of the three ships, so you’ll have to check the bottom floor of each ship until you find it. It can also spawn in other parts of the ship, so check every corner of each ship carefully, but it mostly spawns on the bottom floor.
As you can see in the video, I never had more than two on me at the same time, and didn’t ever need to use a potion, nor was I close to die at any moment. I didn’t even use sap or blind, and I used stealth just while eating as a habit, but it was totally unneccessary.
When you pull the middle floor, don’t fight in the stair. As soon as you aggro something, get off the stairs, or you might aggro something from the captain’s cabin through the floor, it’s an annoying bug but it’s easily avoided if you don’t fight on the stairs.
In case you have difficulties with Fleet Master Firallon, I made short video of it:
Fleet Master Firallon (Middle ship) is the hardest of all as you can see, as he is level 48. However in the video, I deliberately didn’t use sap or blind, and my cooldowns weren’t ready for him. Though I still managed it – barely – but that was without using all the abilities at my disposal, and the gear of that rogue is really nothing special, not a single enchant and only two blue items. This proves that anyone can do it with some patience and tactics.
The most tricky pull is always the captain room, sometimes you will end up with 3, what you can do is try to kill one fast and run away from the ship, then come back quickly before it respawns. However, there is almost always a way to get only 2 at a time.
Any class can do it if they pull carefully.
Do the same for the other two ships and you should have The Bloodsail Buccaneers complete and have Cortello’s Riddle. Right click it and get the quest Cortello’s Riddle.
Note: Ignore Brutus, that iron golem standing at the top of the eastern ship. He doesn’t drop anything particular and is a pain to kill.
2. Now let’s move on to something easier. Get back to the wild shore and ride back to the main road. Go to Mistvale Valley and kill the same gorillas we killed earlier in this chapter at (32,68). Kill gorillas until one of them drops an Aged Groilla Sinew.
3. Get back on the road and ride north for a while, until you reach the Ruins of Jubuwal (33,51). Clear the camp until you can pull JonJon The Crow, he should come with an add, could be a hard fight but it’s doable. Loot Jon-Jon’s Golden Spyglass, then clear yourself some space around the little ruins just behind where Jon-Jon was, there stands Maury ‘Club-Foot” Wilkins with two Zanzil Something.
Now you probably can’t take all 3 at the same time, so try to kill one of the minions fast then run away, rinse and repeat until you are left with just Maury Wilkins. Kill him and loot “Maury’s Clubbed Foot“.
4. Go back on the road and just a bit south until (33,53), go east through a breached wall and keep going until you hit the Ruins of Aboraz (40,57) and kill Zanzil Minions there until you find Chucky “Ten Thumbs” inside the ruins and loot “Chucky’s Huge Ring” from him. Keep killing Zanzil dudes until you get 12 Zanzil’s Mixtures, avoid Zanzil the Outcast himself though. If you run out of mobs to kill, go back and forth from this camp to the other. Any Zanzil Something can drop the Mixture.
5. Get back on the road and ride north and then go northeast at the crossroads of Gurubashi arena. Just after that you should pass a big gate and to the right you should see a small path going into the jungle (37,49). That’s our next stop, clear the way towards the cave at the end of that path, the basilisks we need to kill are named Ironjaw Basilisks and are higher level than the ones outside. Enter the cave at (42,50) and kill Ironjaw Basilisks until you have 3 Pulsing Blue Shards. The shards are rather rare, I estimate them to drop about 30% of the time. When you’re done, hearthstone back to Booty Bay.
In Booty Bay’s Inn, turn in Zanzil’s Secret. Go to the top floor of the Inn and turn in The Bloodsail Buccaneers. Get out of the Inn and turn in Voodoo Dudes at Sea Wolf MacKinley, don’t get the follow up.
Fly to Stonard, Swamps of Sorrows.
From Stonard, follow the road west and then go north to the bridge at (23,48). Look under the bridge for a Soggy Scroll. Zooming in to 1st person view helps to see it.
Click the scroll, turn in the quest and get the follow up Cortello’s Riddle.
Ride back to Stonard and fly to Grom’gol.
In Grom’gol turn in the quest Mok’thardin’s enchantment, don’t get the follow up. Turn in The Singing Crystals, don’t get the follow up.
This should make you ding level 45, or you should at least be quite close. If you don’t ding level 45, go grind until you do on the skullsplitter trolls for example.
Take a Zeppelin to Orgrimmar, sell / repair / restock consumables.
Now you have two options:
1. Get a group and go to Uldaman, follow my Uldaman Instance Guide.
2. You hate Uldaman? No problem, proceed with the guide, you’ll just have to grind more later on.
Fly to Brackenwall, Dustwallow Marsh. If you don’t have that flight path, fly to Camp Taurajo in the Barrens. From Camp Taurajo go south along the road and then east at the first crossroad. Enter Dustwallow Marsh and then go north to Brackenwall Village (36,32).
Get the quest Overlord Mok’Morokk’s Concern from Overlord Mok’Morokk next to the bonfire, Army of the Black Dragon from Tharg next to the eastern exit of the village, and Identifying the Brood from Draz’Zilb inside the cave.
1. Ride south to the area named The Den of Flame, which you can enter by the main gate on the southeastern side of it at (40,67). From now on kill every dragonkin you see. At the cave entrance you should find Mok’Morokk’s Grog (39,66), which looks like a big pot.
Go inside the cave and explore it entirely until you find Mok’Morokk’s Strongbox on the floor, which is a rectangular black/steel box.
Loot it and then get out of the cave.
2. Go east to Stonemaul Ruins (43,66). Kill as many searing whelps/hatchlings as you can find, we’ll need to kill a lot to complete the other quest.
You should find Mok’Morokk’s Snuff dead center of the fortress in plain sight on a metallic floor texture, located at (44,65).
3. Go west while killing everything on your way, our next stop is the Bloodfen Burrow (33,66). Clear yourself a path to the cave, at the end of the cave you should find a Musty Scroll (31,66).
Click it, turn in the quest and get the follow up Cortello’s Riddle.
Now all that’s left for you to do is to go back to the dragonkin dens and kill as many as needed to complete Army of the Black Dragon and Identifying the Brood. Note: You can find many whelps east of Stonemaul Ruins (47,67) and also south of it.
4. Ride back to Brackenwall Village, turn in Overlord Mok’Morokk’s Concern, Army of the Black Dragon and Identifying the Brood, don’t get the follow up.
Fly to Gadgetzan, Tanaris.
Turn in Tran’rek, don’t get the follow up.
1. Wastewander Justice
2. Water Pouch Bounty
Set your hearthstone to Gadgetzan.
General info about Tanaris, Feralas and Hinterlands:
While killing stuff in Tanaris if you find an item named [OOX-17/TN Distress Beacon]. Right click it and keep the quest. You’ll find beacons in Feralas and Hinterlands as well, proceed equally with those. Each of those beacons start a quest where you will have to find a Homing Robot and escort it. The beacons won’t always drop for you, they are kinda rare. The escort quests are hard to do solo especially for certain classes. But if you are lucky to find all 3 beacons you should really put the effort and finish all 3 rescue quests, it will be described when to do them in the guide later on. Anyway, if you don’t get a distress beacon, or if you don’t manage to complete the rescue quests, it’s not a big deal, this is optional, it’s a nifty exp bonus but it’s not that important
Sell, Repair, re-supply food/drink (3 stacks).
No map needed for this very short part.
Get out of Gadgetzan, ride east until Noonshade Ruins (61,24), kill all the Bandits you can find there (If it’s crowded just skip this part and keep riding east).. Then go further east to Steamwheedle Port even if you still haven’t completed Wastewander Justice yet.
In Steamwheedle port get:
1. Pirate Hats Ahoy!
2. WANTED: Andre Firebeard and WANTED: Caliph Scorpidsting from the wanted poster.
3.  Screecher Spirits
4.  Southsea Shakedown
Turn in Stoley’s Debt and get the follow up Stoley’s Shipment.
Ride back towards Gadgetzan, make a stop at Noonshade Ruins and kill bandits / thieves there until you finish Wastewander Justice and Water Pouch Bounty. If the place is crowded, there are more wastewander camps southeast of here (63,30).
Go back to Gadgetzan and turn in Water Pouch Bounty and Wastewander Justice, get the follow up More Wastewander Justice.
Ride north to Thousand Needles and to the Shimmering Flats at the Mirage Raceway (80,75).
Turn in News for Fizzle at Fizzle Brassbolts.
Get quest Gahz’Rilla (Dungeon) from Wizzle Brassbolts.
Turn in Goblin Sponsorship at Pozzik don’t get the follow up but on the other hand get the quest Keeping Pace from Pozzik. Then go talk to Zamek who is just south of Pozzik, he should have a blue question mark over the head. Start his quest, follow him, he will set up an explosive and distract Rizzle Brassbolt out of his house. While Rizzle is away go quickly loot the Unguarded Plans. Complete the quest, get the follow up Rizzle’s Schematics and turn it in at Pozzik.
You can destroy the Sample of Indurium Ore in your bag.
Hearthstone back to Gadgetzan and fly to Camp Mojache, Feralas.
Your quest log should now look like this:
In Camp Mojache get the quest A New Cloak’s Sheen from Kreug Skullsplitter near the eastern entrance to the village. Get Gordunni Cobalt from Orwin Gizzmick, a goblin near the wyvern master.
Get War on the Woodpaw from Hadoken Swiftstrider, The Mark of Quality from Jangdor Swifstrider inside the big tent building in front of the wyvern master. A Strange Request from Witch Doctor Uzer’l right outside that tent building.
Go to the Inn and set your hearthstone there.
Get The Ogres of Feralas from Rok Orhan, a roaming orc npc with red armor.
Ride southwest, to the lower wilds, you should soon encounter some gnolls. There are many camps around (71,54). Kill them until you have 10 Woodpaw Gnoll Manes, and for those who didn’t go to Uldaman, it’s time to grind your way up to level 46 on those gnolls!
Ride north, get back on the road and then go to Camp Mojache, do NOT turn in War on the Woodpaw.
Fly to Orgrimmar, visit the class trainer, sell/repair/restock consumables.
Note: There is a druid class trainer in Camp Mojache, if you want to save some time.
Before you leave Orgrimmar, go speak to Neeru Fireblade in the Cleft of Shadow, he stands right next to the Ragefire Chasm instance portal. Turn in the quest A Strange Request and get the follow up Return to Witch Doctor Uzer’i.
Optional: If you did Uldaman and The Platinum Discs quest, then fly to Thunderbluff and talk to Bena Winterhoof, she is directly north of the wyvern tower in the alchemists’ tent. Turn in the quest and get the follow up Portents of Uldum. Go to the elder rise and turn in the quest at Nara Wildmane and get the follow up Seeing What Happens.
Hearthstone to Camp Mojache, turn in Return to Witch Doctor Uzer’i, wait for him to do his little script and then get the follow ups : Testing the Veesel and Natural Materials.
Finally turn in War on the Woodpaw, get the follow up Alpha Strike, a quest timer will appear.
1. Ride southwest back to where the gnoll camps where we grinded till 46. You have to kill 5 Woodpaw Alpha and go back to Camp Mojache before the timer runs out. A very easy task at this level. The camps with Alpha Gnolls are at the following locations: (73,57) (72,57) and (72,56). Also kill any wandering treant on sight.
2. Once you have 5 Woodpaw Alpha kills, ride back to Camp Mojache and turn in the quest Alpha Strike, get the follow up Woodpaw Investigation.
Sell and repair.
3. Ride north of Camp Mojache, follow the eastern bank of the river. At the end of it you should find a path going up the mountain, that’s Gordunni Outpost (75,36). Start to explore the whole outpost, kill every ogre you find on your way, and look for the following two things:
– On the floor you should find blue glows scattered everywhere in the outpost. Look in your bags for Orwin’s Shovel and put it on a hotkey. Whenever you find a blue glow, click the shovel over it. A Gordunni Dirt Mound should appear, loot it. Keep doing this until you find 12 Gordunni Cobalt.
– The Gordunni Scroll, which can spawn at various places in Gordunni Outpost. I mostly find it in the biggest camp with the cages and the bonfire (75,30), it looks like this:
Loot the scroll and right-click it to start the quest The Gordunni Scroll.
Complete those two objectives and also kill enough Ogres to complete the quest The Ogres of Feralas.
4. When done with that, get out of Gordunni Outpost, cross the river and go southwest to the field with Sprite Darters (70,47). Kill them until you have 10 Iridescent Sprite Darter Wings. You can go kill stuff in the Grimtotem Camp West of the sprite darters while you wait for them to respawn, in case you need to.
5. Ride south/southeast to the same gnoll camps where you killed the alpha gnolls. Go to the western alpha camp which is at (71,57), clear it and look for the Woodpaw Battle Map on top of a wooden crate. (72,56)
Click it, turn in the quest and get the follow up The Battle Plans.
6. Ride back to Camp Mojache. Turn in The Ogres of Feralas and get the follow up The Ogres of Feralas, turn in the The Gordunni Scroll and get the follow up Dark Ceremony. Turn in Gordunni Cobalt. Turn in The Battle Plans and get the two follow ups Zukk’ash Infesation and Stinglasher. Turn in A New Cloak’s Sheen and get the follow up A Grim Discovery.
Sell, repair and restock food/drink.
7. Ride south/soutwhest to the Writhing Deep, there are two cave entrances. Go to the eastern one (75,60) and you should find Stinglasher there roaming in and out of the entrance, kill all the insects in the area until you find Stinglasher. Kill it and loot Stinglasher’s Glands.
Keep on killing every insect in the area until you have 20 Zukk’Ash carapaces.
8. Ride north/northwest to the Grimtotem Village (67,46). Kill the grimtotems there until you have 20 Grimtotem Horns.
9. Get back on the main road and ride west, cross the stone bridge and shortly after to your left you should see some ogres, this area is named Ruins of Isildien (62,54). Kill ogres there until you have killed 5 Maulers and 10 Warlocks.
10. For the Ogre Shamans you will have to go much further south to the big temple at (59,73). Keep doing circles around the temple until you got 10 Shamans dead (there’s also shamans inside the building, sometimes you gotta kill the placeholders for them to respawn).
Also kill Gordunni Mage-Lords until you find a Dark Orb on one of them, they can be found in the same area as the shamans.
11. Go northwest to the Yeti Cave (55,56). Kill Yetis, ignore the Homing Robot OOX-22/FE for now. Keep killing yetis until you get 10 Thick Yeti Hides.
When you got 10 Yeti Hides, go to the Homing Robot. (53,55)
Now, at this point you should normally have gotten a Distress Beacon with all the stuff you’ve killed in Feralas already. If you don’t, it’s not a big deal, just go to the next step. For those you did get a Distress Beacon, right click it to get the quest Find OOX-22/FE! if you haven’t already. Turn in the quest.
Don’t take the follow up if you are solo, it’s an escort quest and it’s too hard for almost every class. We will come back to Feralas later on with a couple of levels more and then you’ll be able to solo it, so don’t worry. If you are a duo or more, read the following warnings before taking the escort quest:
1st Warning: The chicken robot is stupid and doesn’t assist you all the time if you get attacked. Let him in the front so he gets the first hit. He has a decent amount of HPs and heals back to full after each fight is over. You can even eat/drink a bit after a fight and let the chicken walk in the front (not too far away though). Don’t even think about looting, you don’t have time. Don’t let the chicken tank more than one at a time, and don’t let him tank too long either.
2nd Warning: When out of the Yeti cave, the chicken will take a left turn and go towards the road, at some point 3 yetis will ambush him. Don’t panic, you can let one of the yetis be tanked by the chicken at the beginning and deal with the other 2. Just check the chicken’s health regularly. There will be a 2nd and a 3rd ambush, be prepared for them. Especially the last one is composed of 4 Gnolls.
12. Go west to the shore (you should already be there if you successfully did the escort quest), and look for Rogue Vale Screechers – those red flying snakes – you should find plenty of them at (46,47). Look into your bag for Yeh’kinya’s Bramble and put it on a hotkey. Whenever you kill a Vale Screecher, target its corpse and right click the bramble, a screecher spirit should appear, right click it and you should get a quest update. Do this 3 times.
Hearthstone to Camp Mojache. Get the quest The Sunken Temple from Witch Doctor Uzer’i. Turn in the following quests:
The Mark of Quality, get the follow up Improved Quality Zukk’ash Infestation
Stinglasher, get the follow up Zukk’ash Report
The Ogres of Feralas
Dark Ceremony, get the follow up The Gordunni Orb
A Grim Discovery, get the follow up A Grim Discovery.
This should make you ding level 47. If it doesn’t go grind west on the sprite darters and grimtotems.
Fly to Gadgetzan. Sell, repair and restock food/drink (3stacks).
Set your hearthstone to Gadgetzan.
1. In Tanaris ride to the southeast until you reach Waterspring Field (63,37).You will find numerous Wastewander camps there. Kill Wastewander Rogues (stealthers), Assassins and Shadow Mages. You can also find Caliph Scorpidsting, he wanders between the tower structures, so you should go kill from a tower structure to another until you find him. He has 2 stealthed bodyguards, it will be a hard fight, burn him down quick and run away is my advice, use long cooldown abilities and potions if needed. Then go back and loot his head.
If you don’t find Caliph it’s not a problem though, it’s just some bonus XP quest, nothing important.
2. Once you got More Wastewander Justice completed, go east find a tunnel entrance at (68,41). Go through this tunnel which takes you to Lost Rigger Cove.
Now you have a lot of work to do, check the kill list of Southsea Shakedown and start killing Pirates!
Clear your way south toward the main camp with the 3 houses , 2 ships ashore and the boat under construction.
3. Andre Firebeard spawns at the campfire right in the center of the camp. He has 3 Dock Workers close to him but you can pull those 3 without him if you pull the back one, then you have Andre solo. Or you can burn him down fast and run away (or take on all of them :p^^). Anyway, this place is usually crowded because it is a good grinding spot, so you shouldn’t have trouble getting help to kill Andre Firebeard if needed.
Then go inside the first house to the right when entering the camp. You might get pulls of 3 at a time inside the house, you will maybe have to use the “Kill one and run away” tactic to get to the top floor of the house if you can’t take 3 at a time.. On the top floor are crates, click them to get Stoley’s Shipment.
Then keep on killing pirates until you complete Southsea Shakedown and Pirate Hats Ahoy!
Bonus: There is a rare spawn named Kregg Keelhaul on the boats ashore. Check for it.
If you find a Captain’s Key off one of the pirates, the chest is at the bottom level of the ship which is the most to the east. Another thing, while killing pirates by the dozen you might find a pirate footlocker on one of them (1% chance to drop approximately). In the footlocker you might find a note named “Ship Schedule“, right click it to start the quest Ship Schedules, which you turn in in Steamwheedle Port for an extra 4850 XP. However, you might be unlucky and never get a footlocker, so don’t worry if you miss it, it’s optional.
4. When done, get out of Rigger Cove and go north to Steamwheedle Port.
 Andre Firebeard
 Southsea Shakedown
 Stoley’s Shipment and get the follow up  Deliver to MacKinley
 Pirate Hats Ahoy!
 Screecher Spirits and get the follow up  The Prophecy of Mosh’Aru (Dungeon)
5. Hearthstone to Gadgetzan and turn in:
More Wastewander Justice
WANTED: Caliph Scorpidsting
Also turn in any stacks of 5 Wastewander Water Pouch at Spigot Operator Luglunket (he has a blue question mark overhead)
Sell, repair, restock food/drink (4 stacks).
Get the quests:
Gadgetzan Water Survey from Senior Surveyor Fizzledowser (he’s on a mound of earth behind the houses on the west side of Gadgetzan)
The Thirsty Goblin from Maren Noggenfogger
The Dunemaul Compound from Andi Lynn (behind the Inn)
Thistleshrub Valley from Tran’Rek
1. Ride west to the pool of water by the Sandsorrow watch (38,29). Stand by the western tip of the pool and get full health/mana. Search your bag for a black vial named “Untapped Dowsing Widget” and right click it. Two level 48 insects will pop and attack you, kill them or run away from them. It doesn’t matter.
2. Go east back to Gadgetzan. Talk to Senior Survery Fizzledowser and get the follow up Noxious Lair Investigation.
3. Go south to the area named “Broken Pillar” (52,45) and talk to Marvon Rivetseeker. Turn in The Sunken Temple and get the follow up The Stone Circle. Also get Gahz’ridian.
4. Go west / southwest to the Dunemaul Compound and clear a path to the cave there (40,56). In that cave you’ll find Gor’marok the Ravager, kill him. (lvl 49 – soloable at lvl 47 without a problem)
5. Go southeast to the Eastmoon Ruins (48,64) (yes, even if you didn’t finish The Dunemaul Compound yet.) Start killing ogres there and look on the floor for Gahz’Ridian pieces. They look like white upside down plates. Kill ogres in that camp until you got 30 Gahz’Ridian Ornament and are 30000XP away from level 48 (40000XP if you went to Uldaman and have the Seeing What Happens quest). If it’s too crowded, there is another camp similar to this one further to the southwest named “Southmoon Ruin” (41,72). When you are 25000 XP away from level 48 and got 30 Gahz’Ridian ornament you should also be done with The Dunemaul Compound. If not, kill some more ogres!
6. Optional: If you went to Uldaman and did the quest The Platinum Discs, go southwest to Uldum (38,79). The Dune Smashers have a small aggro range, you can hug the left wall and reach the Stone Watcher of Norgannon, just be careful of the one roamer. The Stone Watcher of Norgannon is at (37,81). Click the Uldum Pedestal under him and get the follow up, then talk to the Stone Watcher of Norgannon who just appeared on the pedestal. Go through his dialogue and you will complete the follow up. Then click the Uldum pedestal again, complete the quest and get the follow up Return to Thunder Bluff. Now wasn’t that the easiest 9400xp ever?
7. Go west (northwest if you went to Uldum) to Thistleshrub Valley (28,67). Kill Gnarled Thistleshrubs and Thistleshrub Rootshapers until you get 8 kills of each. Also kill Thistleshrub Dew Collectors until a Laden Dew Gland drops (rare drop).
8. Go north to the Noxious Lair (31,51). Kill Centipaars there, Stingers, Wasps, Tunnelers.. until you get 5 Centipaar Insect Parts.
9. Ride east to Broken Pillar and talk to Marvon Rivetseeker, turn in Gahz’ridian.
10. Hearthstone back to Gadgetzan.
In Gadgetzan turn in:
 The Thirsty Goblin at Marin Noggenfogger, get the follow up  In Good Taste.
 The Dunemaul Compound at Andi Lynn
 Thistleshrub Valley at Trank’Rek
 In Good Taste at Sprinkle, get the follow up  Sprinkle’s Secret Ingredient.
 Noxious Lair Investigation at Alchemist Pestlezugg
Get the quest:
The Scrimshank Redemption from Senior Surveyor Fizzledowser.
Congratulations on level 48.
Fly to Orgrimmar, sell, repair, restock consumables.
Visit your class trainer.
Before leaving Orgrimmar, go to the drag, take the stairs to the left immediately after entering the drag and keep going until you see a yellow point on your minimap, go there to turn in your quest Zukk’ash Report.
While you are in the drag, go find Dran Droffers, he is in the house named “Droffers and Son Salvage”, which is close to the path to the valley of honor. Get the quest Rippled Recovery from Dran Droffers, turn it in at Malton Droffers and get the follow up Rippled Recovery.
Leave Orgrimmar, take the Zeppelin to Undercity.
In the Undercity go to the Magic Quarter, find Oran Snakewrithe, she stands next to some bookshelves close to the inner circle of the Undercity (73,33). Get the quest Lines of Communication.
Fly to Tarren Mill, Hillsbrad Foothills.
Ride southeast to the pass which leads to the Hinterlands (84,32).
Ride northeast to enter the Hinterlands.
1. Our first stop is Shindigger’s Camp. To access it, you must go directly east of Aerie Peak, follow a small path while staying close to the mountain to your left, just be careful not to aggro the Aerie Peak guards. You will find Shindigger’s camp at (26,48).
Talk to Gilveradin Sunchaser and get the follow up A Sticky Situation.
Ride south to get off the cliff, then east. Whenever you find an owlbeast on your path, kill it, loot it then target the corpse and right click the Wildkin Muisek Vessel, which you should have in your inventory, put it on a hotbar.
Keep going east while doing that. You can stop once you have 10 Wildkin Muisek.
2. Mount up and go east/northeast, along the river until you reach the waterfall named The Overlook Cliffs (79,48).
Aim for the water down there and jump, you won’t take any falling damage if you hit the water first. Dive and look for Cortello’s Chest at the bottom of the sea, close to where the waterfall hits the bottom.
Click it and turn in the quest for 6100 xp and a 14-Slot bag.
3. Swim south and get back on dry land. Ride south along the shore. and keep going until you find Revantusk Village (77,77).
Get the following quests:
Lard Lost His Lunch
Stalking the Stalkers
Hunt the Savages
Avenging the Fallen
Message to the Wildhammer
Don’t get the other quests.
Get the flight path at the end of the pier.
Sell and repair, restock food/drink (4 stacks, very long circuit)
1. Go north of Revantusk Village, kill Saltwater Snapjaws, 15 of them.
2. Go up the path at (77,61).
3. Once you are up, go north towards Shaol’watha (73,54).
** Kill any silvermane stalker – they are stealthed – and silvermane howler you find on your way from now on. To find the stalkers easily, I suggest to turn the sound on, you should hear the stealth sound effect everytime a wolf is nearby, then use the tab key while looking around to find it. **
At Shaol’watha, look around in the ruins to find Slagtree’s Lost Tools. They look like this
They can spawn at various locations though, so if you don’t find them, move on, we’ll find them in the other camps.
4. Kill all the trolls you find in and around the wooden bunker just slightly north of Shaol’watha.
There’s another bunker just northwest of this one, go there and clear it.
5. Southwest of that bunker is a forest area (60,50) with 3 types of monsters we need to kill:
– Savage Owlbeasts
– Silvermane Stalkers
– Razorbeak Skylord (kinda rare)
Kill everything in a wide radius in that area. If you run out of things to kill, move on to the next step, we’ll come back later to that “forest area”.
6. Go north to Skulk Rock (58,43). Clear the slimes and go to the top of this mound, look amongst the ruins for Slagtree’s Lost Tools. Don’t worry if it’s not there, we’ll check the other areas.
7. West of Skulk Rock you should find another of those wooden bunkers (54,40), clear it.
8. Go west to Agol’watha (46,40), clear the oozes and look for Horde Supply Crates.
Keep doing this until you have 10 Hinterlands Honey Ripples. One of the crates can sometimes be found outside ot the ruins by the lake.
Also look for Slagtree’s Lost Tools if you don’t have them already. They should be by one of the abandoned huts. If you don’t find them here it means you must missed them, so you will have to check the other camps – Shaol’watha and Skulk Rock – again when you get close to them later on.
9. Go west to Quel’danil lodge (34,48), make sure you kill any Silvermane Howler that crosses your path.
Don’t enter the lodge yet, go behind it to western corner of it. Next to a well you should find the Highvale Notes (30,49).
Right-click them once to burn them.
North of the well, under a gazebo structure you should find the Highvale Report (29,46), burn it.
Now go to the lodge, enter by the main gate. Clear the way to the end of the eastern wing, and you should find the Highvale Records on the floor next to some barrels (32,47). Burn them.
Inside the lodge you should also find a caged troll with a quest, Rin’ji. Before you take his quest – which is an escort quest – clear as much as possible and as fast as possible in front of the lodge. Get full HP/Mana, make sure your long cooldowns are up, then start the quest.
Note: Rin’ji doesn’t tank too bad and you can heal him.
After Rin’ji passes the arch right outside the lodge, he’ll get ambushed by 3 elves. This shouldn’t be a problem if you cleared the area before starting the quest. Let Rin’ji tank one of the 3 elves and take out the 2 others fast.
Then comes the harder part, Rin’ji will go through the woods and at some point 3 other elves will attack him, however this time you’ll most likely have one or two adds, an owlbeast or a wolf.
This is when you use all your cooldowns. Let Rin’ji tank one and kill the rest as fast as you can.
After that, Rin’ji will walk to the road and you should get a quest complete message.
Go back to Quel’danil Lodge and kill all the elves you still need to complete Message to the Wildhammer.
10. Go turn in the quest A Sticky Situation at Shindigger’s Camp (27,48), the only way to get there is through that path you took earlier, east of Aerie Peak. Get the follow up Ripple Delivery.
11. Ride southeast to Valorwind Lake (40,61). Dive down and look for a mushroom named “Violet Tragan“. Righ-click it and loot it. Warning: Don’t eat the violet tragan, let it in your bag.
12. Go southeast to the Altar of Zul (48,67), kill every troll in the area, but avoid the top of the Altar, there are 2 elites you can’t handle. Stay in this area until you have 15 Vilebranch Soothsayer kills(we’ll get the Scalper kills elsewhere).
13. Go northeast, kill any Silvermane Howler on your way, you should find plenty in this area. So stick around and kill stuff in this area till you have 15 silvermane howler kills.
14. Go further northeast to the “forest area”. Kill any Savage Owlbeasts, Silvermane Stalkers and Razorbeak Skylord you find.
15. When the “forest area” is clear, go northeast to the troll bunkers of Shaol’watha (65,45), it does NOT matter at this point if you still miss some Savage Owlbeasts, Silvermane Stalkers or Razorbeak Skylords kills. We will kill more when we come back to the “forest area” again.
Clear both bunkers, you should be done or almost done with the 30 Vilebranch Scalper kills. If you’re not done just go back and forth to the “forest area” and the bunkers until you got 30 scalper kills.
At this point, you should be done with all the Hinterlands quest besides Hunt the Savages, Stalker the Stalkers and Lard Lost his Lunch. We will finish those three in the next circuit.
16. Ride to the Waterfall (80,48) and jump down into the water.
17. Swim northeast to an island with a few trees in it (84,41). Somewhere on the island you should find Lard’s Picnic Basket.
When you click the basket, 3 level 49 trolls will spawn. You don’t have to kill all 3, just one is enough, they can all drop Lard’s Lunch. It’s actually quite easy to get one solo. You just have to run away until 2 of them give up and then kill the 3rd. Levitate or water walking makes this easier of course, but its not necessary. Here is a short video of how I did it:
18. Swim south back to the main land, after a little walk you should see another isle off shore, with a stone arch on top of it. Swim to that island (86,59). On top of that island you should find a big tablet labelled “Rin’ji’S Secret“, righ-click it, turn in the quest and get the follow up Rin’ji’s Secret.
19. Swim back to the shore and ride to Revantusk Village.
Turn in all the quests you have completed, don’t get any follow up.
Sell, repair and restock consumables (3 stacks).
Ride back up and go to the forest area again, kill the last remaining Silvermane Stalkers and Savage Owlbeasts you need.
At this point, you should have the OOX-09/HL Distress Beacon unless you are really unlucky – like I was on the rogue – so what you can do is grind for a while on the elves at the Quel’danil Lodge or on the trolls at the Alter of Zul, or anywhere you like in the Hinterlands. Any monster in the zone can drop the beacon, but it’s a 1% chance. So if you really don’t feel like grinding, don’t bother and move on to the next part of the guide. However, keep in mind that if you finish the 3 distress beacon quests (Tanaris, Feralas and Hinterlands), a huge xp reward awaits you at the end (23000XP total).
If you got the Distress Beacon OOX-22/HL, go to the lake northwest of Skulk Rock and find the Homing robot there (49,37). Turn in the quest. Before you accept the rescue quest, here is what you must know:
1. This quest, unlike the Feralas one, is more likely to be done solo. It’s still not a walk in the park of course. So if you got a partner to duo it, all the better for you.
2. Let the chicken run in front of you, let it get the first hit. If it’s not getting hit, it won’t fight back. Sometimes mobs are actually chasing the chicken and failing to get a hit on it, so they give up.
3. You’ll have to face 2 ambushes of 3 mobs each, make sure you are full health/mana and with long cooldown abilities up when you start the escort. When the 3 ambushers attack, stand back until the chicken gets hit. Then let the chicken tank one of the 3 adds, deal with the 2 others as quick as you can, then help the chicken finish off the 3rd add.
One you have successfully escorted the robot chicken, go back to Revantusk Village. Turn in Hunt the Savages and Stalking the Stalkers.
This should make you ding level 49. If it doesn’t, go grind somewhere in the Hinterlands, on the turtles nearby for example.
Fly to the Undercity, go to the Magic Quarter and turn in the 2 following quests at Oran Snakewrithe:
Lines of Communication
Sell, repair and restock consumables.
Hearthstone to Gadgetzan.
Now you have 2 options:
1. Get a group together and go to Zul’Farrak, follow this Zul’Farrak’s instance guide and complete as many quests as possible. If someone in your group has the Zul’Farrak Mallet it’s even better, that way you’ll get your +3% speed carrot. If not it’s not that bad, you can come back later when you’re lvl 60.
2. You don’t wanna do Zul’Farrak? No problem. You’ll just need some extra grinding later on.
So we are in Gadgetzan, turn in Sprinkle’s Secret Ingredient, get the follow up Delivery for Marin. Turn it in at Marin Noggenfogger on the other side of the town. Take his follow up, wait 5 seconds and turn it in. Now you’ll be able to buy Noggenfogger Elixir from Marin as much as you want.
Sell, repair, buy 3 stacks of food/drink.
Go south to the Gaping Chasm (56,61), clear yourself a path through the insects southwards until you find the entrance spiralling down at (55,70). Take the 2nd tunnel you see when going down the spiral, the one going north (55,69). Inside the tunnel at the first fork go right. Then go through the circular room. After the circular room at the first fork go right. You will enter a big square room. The Scrimshank’s Surveying Gear (55,71) is at the western corner of the square room.
Loot it and then go back the way you came from, and then go north until you are out of the Gaping Chasm.
If you don’t have the Tanaris Distress Beacon, go back to Gadgetzan.
If you do have the Distress Beacon for Tanaris:
Go east and inside the mountain at (60,64). You will find the Homing Robot OOX-17/TN there. Turn in the quest. Get full health/mana, refresh buffs. Check if your long cooldown abilities are up. For some classes this will be hard to solo, so if you don’t manage it better find someone to duo it with. If you don’t manage that, just abandon the escort quest, it’s optional anyway.
Things to know about this escort quest:
1. Let the chicken in front, let him get hit first. Sometimes mobs will aggro him but not manage to hit him while he walks and they will just give up.
2. The first part of the escort is the hardest as you will run into lvl 46-47 mobs. And at some point you will get an ambush of 3 level 46 scorpions. Use your long cooldown abilities there. After this, it gets easier.
3. Later on you will get a 2nd ambush, 3 humanoids lvl 42 (green). One will be a shadow mage though, kill it first.
Ride back to Gadgetzan, talk to Senior Surveyor Fizzledowser and get the follow up Insect Part Analysis.
Go talk to Alchemist Pestlezugg, get the follow up and get back to Surveyor Fizzledowser. Turn in the quest and get the follow up Rise of the Slithid.
Fly to Camp Mojache.
Sell, repair and restock food and drink (4 stacks).
Set your hearthstone to Camp Mojache.
Turn in Testing the Vessel and get the follow up Hyppogryph Muisek.
Also get Dark Heart (Elite), Vengeance on the Northspring and The Strength of Corruption from Talo Thornhoof, who is in a house close to the eastern exit of Camp Mojache.
1. Ride west, stay on the road till after the first stone bridge, then go southwest, past the yeti cave and you should soon encounter some hippogryphs (56,62). Kill 10 of them and use the Hippogryph Muisek Vessel on their corpses after having looted them. Check the status of the quest Natural Materials, and if needed, stay in this area and kill hippogryphs until you have 20 Resilient Sinews and 33/40 Metallic Fragments (we’ll get the 7 last one off giants soon).
2. Once you have harvested 10 Hippogryph Muiseks, go to the yeti cave and do the Distress Beacon escort if you haven’t done it already. Read the tips I gave above at level 46 before you start the quest. If you still don’t have the Feralas distress beacon, don’t worry, we still have quite a lot to do in Feralas so it will most likely drop before we leave the zone. Proceed with the next paragraph.
3. Get back on the road and ride westwards till you reach the shore. Next to the pier you should find a goblin named Zorbin Fandazlle (45,44). Get his 2 quests: Fuel for the Zapping and Zapped Giants.
4. Go south along the shore and start killing water elementals. Look for giants as well, they are elite but if you use the Zorbin’s Zapper on them they become totally managable. Keep killing elementals and giants until you got 15 Miniaturization Residue and 10 Water Elemental Core.
Once finished, go turn in your quest at Zorbin Fandazzle. Don’t get the follow ups.
5. Hearthstone to Camp Mojache.
Turn in Hippogryph Muisek, get the follow up Faerie Dragon Muisek.
6. Ride west to the Sprite Darters area (70,47), kill them and use the Faerie Dragon Muisek Vessel on their corpses after having looted them. Do that 8 times.
7. Ride back to Camp Mojache. Turn in Faerie Dragon Muisek, get the follow up Treant Muisek.
8. Ride southwest to the alpha gnoll camps (71,57). Kill the gnolls in the area while waiting for a Wandering Forest Walker to pass by. They are level 45ish and non-agressive treants. One should pass by every 5 min, so just grind on gnolls while waiting. Kill 3 of those treants and use the Treant Muisek Vessel on their corpses after having looted them.
9. Ride back to Camp Mojache, turn in Treant Muisek and get the follow up Mountain Giant Muisek (elite).
Sell, repair and restock food/drink (4 stacks).
1. Ride west, follow the road, make a stop by the yeti cave if you got the distress beacon recently and escort the robot chicken. If you can’t – or already have done – the chicken escort, follow the road west until you reach the shore at the total opposite side of the map, where Zorbin Fandazzle is (45,44). Get his quest Again with the Zapped Giants.
2. Get back on the road and ride north.
Follow the road until you are exactly where “The Twin Colossals” is written on the world map. Go directly west and soon you should find Gregan Brewspewer, who is a dwarf standing next to a small white tent (45,25).
From Gregan’s camp, go northwest until you encounter some Cliff Giants/Land Walkers (40,22). Use your Zorbin’s Ultra-Shrinker on them, kill them and loot them, then use the Giant Muisek Vessel on their corpses.
Stay in this area and do this 7 times. You can destroy the miniature residue, the Zapper and abandon the quest Again with the Zapped Giants, it’s just 500 exp and the long ride isn’t worth it. We just took the quest because we needed the Zapper.
Note: Also kill the treants passing by if you still lack Splintered Logs for the quest Natural Materials.
3. Ride southeast to the Yeti Cave (51,32). Kill Rage Scar Yetis until you get 10 Rage Scar Yeti Hide and a Perfect Yeti Hide (rare drop). When you get the Perfect Hide, right click it and get the quest Perfect Yeti Hide.
Those who went to Zul’Farrak should already be level 50 by now. For those who didn’t, grind on those yetis till you hit level 50, this is a pretty good spot.
4. Get back on the road and go north, past the twin colossals, then turn west to the Ruins of Ravenwind (41,12). Time to kill some harpies, kill everything in the ruins until you have completed Vengeance on the Northspring and have found a Horn of Hate, which can drop from any harpy.
5. Once you have done that, go to the northernmost part of the Ruins, you should find two identical pillars at (40,9). We’re about to summon a level 50 elite harpy, so make sure all your long cooldown abilities are ready. If they aren’t, go grind until they are all refreshed, we’ll need them.
Edana Darkheart is a spellcaster, so she doesn’t have much hit points for an elite. All you have to do is burn her fast and make sure you interrupt her spells as much as possible, use everything you got and it shouldn’t be a problem.
With the rogue for example I didn’t even use evasion or adrenaline rush. All I needed was one superior healing potion and one gouge/bandaging. So it’s definitely possible for all classes if you prepare well and interrupt her nukes.
When you are ready, go in front of the two pillars at (40,9) and blow the Horn of Hate. Wait about 20 seconds and she should appear in between the two pillars.
Once she’s dead, loot Edana’s Dark Heart off her.
If you got the distress beacon and still haven’t done the chicken escort quest, go do it now.
6. Hearthstone to Camp Mojache.
In Camp Mojache, turn in the following quests:
Mountain Giant Muisek
Natural Materials, take the follow up Weapons of Spirit, wait 20 seconds for witch doctor Uzer’i to do his script then turn in Weapons of Spirit.
Perfect Yeti Hide
Vengeance on the Northspring
Fly to Orgrimmar.
In Orgrimmar go to the Valley of Spirits and find Uthel’nay (check your minimap for a yellow dot), turn in The Gordunni Orb.
Optional: While you are at Uthel’nay, take the quest Shadowshard fragments, if you intend to go to Maraudon in the future. I’ll recommend it in the next chapter.
Ride to the drag, go up the stairs to the left immediately after entering it, keep going until you see a yellow dot showing where Zilzibin Drumlore is. Turn in the quest Rise of the Silithid. Get the other quest March of the Silithid.
Go to Dran Droffers just northeast of Zilzibin, also in The Drag, turn in Ripple Delivery.
Finally ride to the Valley of Honor and find Belgrom Rockmaul, in front of the Warrior’s Guild. Turn in A Grim Discovery. Get his other quest: Betrayed, we’ll use it in the next chapter.
Sell, repair, visit your class trainer, restock consumables (4 stacks of food/drink).
You can also put the “Bait” in your bank, we won’t be needing it this chapter, and I’ll tell you when to get it retrieve it in the next chapter.
Set your hearthstone to Orgrimmar.
When you’re ready to go again, fly to Ratchet. Take the boat to Booty Bay.
In Booty Bay turn in the Deliver to MacKinley at “Sea Wolf” MacKinley (close to the inn) and all the Rescue OOX-22 quests you completed at Oglethorpe Obnoticus (2nd house to the right of the forge), if you completed any, that is.
If you completed all 3 rescues you get and extra quest An OOX of your own. You’ll get another of those useless pets and 7100 XP as well! Which is why going through the pain of doing those 3 escort quests is in the end worth it.
If you followed this whole chapter, your quest log should look like this now:
And you should be halfway through level 51. So let’s go to the last destination of this chapter and get level 51!
Fly to Stonard, Swamps of Sorrows. Ride out and follow the road south, enter the Blasted Lands and soon you should find two Blood Elves at (50,14). Get all their quests:
 A Boar’s Vitality
 Snickefang Jowls
 The Basilisk’s Bite
 The Decisive Striker
 Vulture’s Vigor
Start killing directly from here, you can find all the animals you need to kill for theses quests in the upper part of Blasted Lands. Avoid the area around the Dark Portal and the Tainted Scar. Avoid anything that is level 52 or above.
Kill pretty much everything on your way until you have all the quests completed. Beware of the big drake flying around named Teremus the Devourer. Besides this, just kill everything 😛 What you’ll need to kill the most though are vultures and basilisks, so here is a path you should follow, listing every possible Vulture spawn (there’s also a few vulture roamers but you’ll run into those too from time to time) so try to get all of them every cycle.
Completing all the quests will take a while, but here are a few tips:
- Melees: As soon as possible try to finish the quest  The Decisive Striker and go turn it in, you’ll get a +25 AGI buff for 1 Hour. When that buff wears out, go turn in either Snickerfang Jowls (+25 STR buff) or A Boar’s Vitality (+25 STA buff) depending on your preferences.
- Casters: As soon as possible try to finish the quest  A Boar’s Vitality and turn it in for a +25 STA buff. Later on after your sta buff wears off, try to finish  The Basilisk’s Bite for a +25 INT buff.
These buffs will help you killing faster, they do not stack, so wait for them to fade before you get the next one. Make good use of them 🙂
While killing mobs in Blasted Lands you might loot an Imperfect Draenethyst Fragment on one of them. Go to Kum’Isha the Collector (51,35). Get the quest  Everything Counts in Large Amounts and turn it in. No need to get the follow up quest unless you get another Imperfect Draenethyst Fragment.
If you are extremely lucky you’ll find a Flawless Draenetyst Sphere (I didn’t 🙁 ) In that case get the other quest from Kum’Isha and turn it in.
Turn in all the other Blasted Lands quest when they are done, don’t get the follow ups (they are repeatable if you want to get more of those nifty clickable buffs later on).
This should make you ding level 51, if it doesn’t grind in the blasted lands until you hit level 51.
LEVEL 51 — End of Chapter II
© www.wow-pro.com All Rights Reserved