Northrend Horde Daily Guide
This is the Horde version of a Northrend daily guide. Rather then say that you have to do the zones in a certain order, I would much rather show you the dailies inside the zone, and the most effective way to do them, that way, you can choose whatever zone you wish to do dailies in and complete them. Zul’Drak is under construction ATM, and the spoils section has been taken down for updates.
Doing every daily you possible can in this guide (Revered with Sons of Hodir, 3 Oracle Quests) you will have done 17 out of 25 daily quests for the day. So prioritize what dailies you need to or want to do that day.
To get the most out of my guide, you should get an addon which displays coordinates, because I use them to describe locations in my guide (x,y). You can use any addon you like, but here’s a very simple one I use.
- DMiniCoords – A simple box which displays coordinates, left-click it to move it where you like.
- LightHeaded – I absolutely love this addon. It gives you the quest comments from WoWHead and you can see what other people had to say about the quest, it also gives you clickable co-ordinates.
- TomTom – Puts a Waypoint arrow on your screen when you click the co-ordinates on LightHeaded, also marks them on your map.
- TitanPanel – It can track how much money an hour you are making, and the cost of repairs.
Below is a list of other addons I use, this is 100% optional though, it’s mostly for people who are curious to know which addons I use:
- Bartender4 – A great action bar addon.
- X-Perl UnitFrames – Very nice, highly customizable unit frames.
- SexyMap – Really nice Mini-Map addon.
- MikScrollingBattleText – I prefer this over the original scrolling text.
Side Note: In case you don’t know how to install add-ons, simply download an addon from one of the links above and unzip it. Then drag the unziped folder in your Addon folder (full path is c:\\Program Files\\World of Warcraft\\Interface\\Addons). Then, restart World of Warcraft and it should be working.
If it isn’t working, you might need to log out to your character selection screen and click on “Addons” in the lower-left corner. Tick the box that says “Load out of date Addons”. Re-launch WoW.
- Quest objectives to kill
Head to the Krasus Landing in Dalaran. Once there talk to Sky-Reaver Klum, click the ”Take me to the ship.” option. Once at the ship pick up the following dailies:
1. Fly to the Broken Front. Now we are going to start looking for Piles of Bones, Abandoned Armour, and Abandoned Helms. Once you have 1 of each use Copperclaw’s Volatile Oil. Do this three times.
2. Kill Hulking Abominations untill you have Chilled Abomination Guts. (If you have a pet dismiss it now). Use the Abomination Reanimation Kit and kill 15 Icy Ghouls, Vicious Geists and Risen Alliance Soldiers. (When he explodes get some more guts by killing more abominations.)
3. Fly to the Glacier north of Ymirheim. Get Assault by Ground. Escort the troops to the gates of Ymirheim then fly back to the Glacier. Get Assault by Air now. Use the gun to cloud any Harpoons untill 4 people drop. Then exit the vehicle.
4. You should have now landed in Ymirheim. Now start killing Vrykul on the way to Blast Thunderbomb (51,57) for Blood of the Chosen. Get King of the Mountain from him. Go to the top of the mountain and plant the banner.
5. Now make your way to the Saronite Cave. Keep talking to Saronite Mine Slaves untill you have rescued 10. (Be warned they can either run out, kill them selves, or attack you.)
Make your way out of the cave and keep killing Vrykul untill you finish Blood of the Chosen.
6. Go North to a cultist camp at (55,44). Start killing Bitter Initiates then use the Orb of Illusion they sometimes drop on the Dark Subjugator. Do this 3 times.
7. Fly North to Aldur’Thar. Drink the Diluted Cult Tonic and start killing Void Summoners and Enslaved Minions. Use the Rod of Siphoning on the dead minions for the Dark Matter. (Remember to refresh the buff every 10 minutes.)
Stay here untill you have 10 Tainted Essence and 5 Dark Matter.
8. Head to (55,33) and use the Summoning Stone.
9. Now go west to (48,34). Click on the Essence in your bag to form a Writhing Mass. Throw it into a cauldron. Each cauldron gives you a certain buff.
- Dark/Grey: Attack Power
- Green: Stamina
- Blue: Spell Power
1. Fly to the Shadow Vault at (43,24). Pick up every daily here. They are:
2. Fly South-West into Jotunheim. Go to (27,39), mount onto one of the stationary Proto-Drakes. Now ride around burning house roofs. Once you have burned 10 dismount and start killing Vrykul and planting their corpses with the Ebon Blade Banner.
3. Go to (32,24) and choose a Harpoon. Use all 10 harpoons as fast as possible on a Rider. Dismount the Harpoon and go to a new one and repeat this strategy untill the quest is done.
4. Fly to Death’s Rise at (20,47). Pick up every daily here. They are:
5. Fly to the Onslaught Harbour. Mount the Gryphon in your bags and start killing Gryphon Riders untill this quest is done. Then fly to the beach at (6,39). Kill members of the Scarlet Onslaught. Loot them for their keys and use the Darkmender’s Tincture on them. Also open chests for the Intel. Stay on the beach till you finish these two quests.
6. Fly back to Death’s Rise turn in all the quests.
7. Fly back to the Shadow Vault and turn in everything.
8. Fly back to the ship and turn in everything.
Warning, these quests take part in a PvP Area, so if you want to avoid PvP stay away.
1. Head to the Bluesky Logging Grounds at (34,32). Pick up:
2. Head into the grounds and to the following:
- Kill 15 Alliance Units
- Use the Renewing Bandage on the Wounded Skirmishers
- Gather the items for Making Repairs
3. Once those are done find a Broken-Down Shredder. Mount it and run back to the camp and use the Shredder Delivery spell. Do this 3 times.
4. Turn in all these quests, and fly south to Blackriver and get Blackriver Brawl. Kill 10 Alliance Units, or players.
1. Fly south to Venture Bay and pick up:
2. Go east across the river to a building at (14,76). Use your Smoke Bomb on Venture Company Stragglers.
3. Kill Alliance on your way to a lumbermill at (16,76). Smoke out the Stragglers here.
4. Continue clearing your way to the dock at (14,78). Find Captain Brightwater and kill him. Finish off any Alliance you may need for Keep Them at Bay. Return to the camp and turn all these in.
To unlock most of the dailies in The Stormpeaks you have to complete the very long quest chain starting with They Took Our Men, you must also have a flying mount.
1. Fly to K3. Get the Daily Quest Overstock . Go North-West to around (43,81) in Garm’s Bane and lay down the Improved Land Mines. Make 12 Garm Invaders go boom. Return to K3 and turn this in.
2. Fly to Brunnhildar Village go to Gretta the Arbiter, get the Daily quest she offers, they are possible from this pool:
Do the Daily Quest which you got from the list first, and turn it in (They do not need an explanation on how to do them).
All the Brunnhildar Village Daily Quests have a chance to give Reins of the White Polar Bear.
3. If you got The Abberations Must Die fly to Valkyrion and kill Valkyrion Aspirants for their Vials of Frost Oil untill you have around 4. Then go to the pit with the Plagued Proto-Drake Eggs in it and aim for destroying the 7 and 8 egg group first, repeat this untill you have completed this quest. Now fly back to Brunnhildar Village and turn in the quest.
4. Now we get to the the Sons of Hodir quests. I will simply be listing the quests, what reputation is required, and what to do for them. You can do them in whatever order you wish as sometimes some objectives can be crowded. What daily quests are available depend on your Reputation. Whenever you reach a new level of Reputation Standing, be sure to check around the village to see if any new one time quests have popped up. Completing them will unlock the dailies for the respective Reputation Standing.
- Hot and Cold: Requires Friendly Reputation. Go East of Dun Niffelem to Frostfield Lake and kill Brittle Revenants for their Essence of Ice. Get 5 of these. Now go further east to Fjorn’s Anvil and use the Essence of Ice near the Iron Scraps and collect the Frozen Iron Scraps, do this 5 times.
- Blowing Hodir’s Horn: Requires Friendly Reputation. Go North-East of Dun Niffelem to Thunderfall. Kill Niffelem Forefathers and Restless Frostborns. When you kill one be sure to use Hodir’s Horn ontop of them to free them. Do this 5 times for each mob.
- Polishing the Helm: Requires Friendly Reputation. Go West of Dun Niffelem to the Hibernal Cave. Kill Viscous Oils and loot them for their Viscous Oil do this 5 times.
- Spy Hunter: Requires Honored Reputation. Go West of Dun Niffelemto the Valley of Ancient Winters. Use Ethereal Worg’s Fang on a Fallen Worg to summon an Ethereal Worg. Follow it around untill it ‘exposes it’s prey’. A Stormforged Infiltrator will spawn, kill it. Keep following it untill you kill 3 infiltrators.
- Thrusting Hodir’s Spear: Requires Honored Reputation. See the first comment at this page to see how to do this daily, as it is described way better than I can describe it.
- Feeding Arngrim: Requires Revered Reputation. Go West of Dun Niffelem to the Valley of Ancient Winters. Use Arngrim’s Tooth on a Roaming Jormungar. Fight the Jormungar untill Arngrim shows up and eats the Jormungar. (Hunters will have to pet their put onto passive, use the tooth, then kill the mob by themselves, as it is currently bugged and it will not give you credit if you use your pet.)
The Daily quests here are unlocked after A Hero’s Burden. If you kill the Oracle then you can gain reputation with the Frenzyheart, and vice versa.
All of the Oracle quests come from Rainspeaker Canopy. There is a possible 8 dailies you can complete, and only 3 are offered per day.
- Appeasting the Great Rain Stone: Ask High Oracle Soo-Say for your favorite companion. Now walk around the village with him and go to the shining pieces of land where he will dig. Sometimes he will get treasure, if not keep going until you get all 6 treasures.
- A Cleansing Song: Use the Chime of Cleansing at the points plotted on this map.
- Song of Fecundity: Use the Horn of Fecundity near 8 Soaked Fertile Dirt at Stormwright’s Shelf around (24,35).
- Song of Reflection: Use the Didgeridoo of Contemplation ontop of the 4 intact pillars. Here is a map if you do not know where they are…
- Master of the Crystals: Go to (33,75) and loot the Crystals from a chest. Go South-West to Kartak’s Hold at (21,81) and be sure to do some damage to the Frenzyheart Attackers before you use the Crystals. (Turned in at Sparktouched Haven.)
- Power of the Great Ones: Go to the top of the Lifeblood Pillar and charge the provided crystal, then go South-West to Kartak’s Hold at (21,81). Kill 30 Frenzyheart Attackers. (Turned in at Sparktouched Haven.)
- Will of the Titans: Head on over to Kartak’s Hold at (21,81) and kill Frenzyheart Attackers. You can either kill 50 by your self, or take the Crystal they drop and fly to The Great Lightning Stone and activate the crystal to become Soo-Hoolu, spirit beast, now you can kill Frenzyheart the fun way. (Turned in at Sparktouched Haven.)
Like the Oracles, you are limited to 3 dailies a day, out of a pool of a possible 8 choices. All your dailies are given from Frenzyheart Hill.
- Chicken Party!: You can do this quest while mounted, at the moment. Simply mount up and run around the village right clicking chickens. If you find a large group use the provided net.
- A Hero’s Headgear: Go North of the Suntouched Pillar and kill Venture Co. Ruffians and Excavators untill you get the explosives. Then fly to Stormwright’s Shelf around (24,35). and kill a Stormwatcher, use the explosives on its body for the quest objective.
- Rejek: First Blood: Very simple quest. Go to the locations on this map, and kill a Saphiron Hive Wasp, Hardknuckle Charger and any 3 Mistknuckle members, and use the provided sword on their corpses.
- Strenght of the Tempest: Fly to Stormwright’s Shelf at around (24,35) and kill Aqueous Spirits and Storm Revenants untill you have the required quest items. Then go to an unmarked monolith at (22,33) and get hit by lightning to get the quest complete.
- The Heartblood’s Strenght: The quest instructions for this quest basically tell you what to do. The Goretalon Matriarch is at (59,23).
- Kartak’s Rampage: This situation is the same as with the Oracles. Fly to Sparktouched Haven at around (33,74) and kill Sparktouched Gorlocs. Either stay untill you get the 50 kills yourself, or once you have the blood you can go to Altar of Kartak at (23,83). You have now merged with Kartak and can kill Gorlocs with class.
- Secret Strenght of the Frenzyheart: Fly to the Nesingwary Camp and talk to
Grimbooze Thunderbooze for the ale. Go back to Kartak’s Hold and use the Berries. Now drink the newly created drink in your inventory. Proceed to go East to Sparktouched Haven and kill 30 Sparktouched Gorlocs.
- Tools of War: Go to Sparktouched Haven and kill 50 Sparktouched Gorlocs. Using the traps is much harder and slower then using everyday means to kill them.
1. Take a nice relaxing flight to the Wyrmrest Temple and get Defending Wyrmrest Temple. Go to (55,66) and destabilize the Azure Dragonshrine. Be sure to be killing Azure Drakes and Dragons, untill you have killed 3 dragons and 5 drakes. To kill them simply spam Flame Breath and when at 65% health use Renew. Once you are done fly back to the Temple and turn in. If you can do this in under 2 minutes, congratulations on a new achievement.
2. Now go down south to Moa’ki Harbor and get Planning for the Future. Go up North into the glade and look for the pups. Right click them to pick them up. Do this 12 times. Go back to the Harbor and turn this in.
1. Go to Kamagua and get The Way to His Heart. Go East and West of the isle and collect these fish. Now, stand about 20 yards from a Reef Bull and throw the fish at them. Keep moving back and throwing fish at the bull until you get him to a Reef Cow. Wait untill you get quest credit turn in. Go back to the turn in. Or if your class can kite, just regularily kite the bull across the water, then lure him with some fish.
1. Fly to Kaskala and get Preparing for the Worst from Utaik at (64,45). Go south of him into the village and look for Kaskala Supplies on the ground. Collect 8 of these and then return to him.
2. Fly to the Transitus Shield and get Drake Hunt. Fly to the Western side of The Nexus and use Raelorasz’s Spear on a Drake Hatchling. Take the hits from this mob for around 25 seconds then return to the Transitus Shield and turn in this quest.
3. Now fly to the uppermost ring of The Nexus and get Aces High!. Use the following rotation to kill 5 Scalesworn Elites: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 5, 3. This will make sure that Revivify and Flame Shield are nearly constantly up. Make sure to kill 5, then return to the quest-giver and turn this in.